CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fitness and Exercise? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8408)

aussiecreeder 01-11-2005 07:52 PM

Fitness and Exercise?

Now I am talking to mostly Americans so perhaps I'm talking to the wrong audience? ;) lol...just kidding

What does everyone do here to keep in shape? I think I was the fittest at 15 or 16 when I had very little commitments and heaps of energy and played sports 24/7. Most of my exercise comes from a weekly night of tennis. Most days I will do some push-ups, sit-ups and perhaps go for a run or swim although I find those exercises a bit tedious.

JulieCitySlicker 01-11-2005 07:55 PM

All I have to do is go in to work at the hotel and clean 17 rooms everyday and I stay fit,lol. It gets old fast though,believe me!

aussiecreeder 01-11-2005 07:59 PM

Yeah that would keep you fit! I have a question of the guys here. I have a problem most girls would kill for but its a problem for me nonetheless. Has anyone successfully put on some weight that has had trouble doing it? I'm a preddy small guy and putting on any weight for me is just about impossible. Any advice?

JulieCitySlicker 01-11-2005 08:02 PM

Heh! I wish I had that problem :)
I'm pretty skinny now cuz I work tons and hardly eat anything. I only eat about 1 meal a day and I know I need to eat more than that,but I get so busy at work that I just don't eat anything. My roommate gets mad at me cuz she says I'm getting to skinny :o

revisfoot 01-11-2005 08:19 PM

Aussie, sounds like you and I have the same disease! lol. Last year, I had to gain 20 pounds for a play...I could only gain 5! And I was eating so much! Like, double portions. I even stopped drinking milk, and drank half-and-half instead!

I am pretty in-shape, I guess you could say, nonetheless. I do 50 pushups, plus 30 situps everynight. But once this semester begins, I'm going to start going to the gym at the college I'm at. :D

creedsister 01-11-2005 08:19 PM

Left Weights From Time To Time

aussiecreeder 01-11-2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
Aussie, sounds like you and I have the same disease! lol. Last year, I had to gain 20 pounds for a play...I could only gain 5! And I was eating so much! Like, double portions. I even stopped drinking milk, and drank half-and-half instead!

I am pretty in-shape, I guess you could say, nonetheless. I do 50 pushups, plus 30 situps everynight. But once this semester begins, I'm going to start going to the gym at the college I'm at. :D

LOL I tried the protein shakes for a while but it hardly did a thing. I don't think anything will change until my metabolism slows and then I'll probably gain a gut at 40 lol.

Xterminator27 01-11-2005 08:28 PM

when i was about 15-late16 i went on excerside freak run, like weeks of Gym, sports, shit like that, i was in my top physical shape

then one day i got tired and im proud to say ive been a lazy bastard for 5 months in a row now, unfortently i have phys ed next semester so thats going to end but laziness was good while it lasted.

hayley 01-11-2005 08:58 PM

LOL X

I'm blessed with naturally having a pretty good shape, but I do like to run and swim. That's basically what keeps me in 'toned' :)

fluttergirl 01-11-2005 11:10 PM

compared to my freshman year, im horribley out of shape, i was 5'2, 130 lbs of muscle, i squatted like 225-250, ran regularly and threw shot and disc....

kinda gotten out of it, i usually just run and do an ab workout if i have the time...
im about to join a new soccer team, though, thatll help...

Xterminator27 01-12-2005 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - hayley -
LOL X

I'm blessed with naturally having a pretty good shape, but I do like to run and swim. That's basically what keeps me in 'toned' :)

Yhea same here, i eat like a pig and gouge myself in fat and never excersise yet i never get fat nor out of shape.

To bad thats gona change in like 5 years, then im screwed when my matabolism cant save my ass from laziness

Dogstar 01-12-2005 01:32 AM

I usually walk or do the elliptical machine or treadmill at the gym. If my schedule was better, I would take aerobics, but the classes don't fall at very convenient times for me. The other night, though, I took a yoga class with a friend, and I'll tell ya, that was some workout. I liked how I felt afterward, very relaxed but really awake. This class was too far away for me to go to regularly, so I think I'm going to try to find one closer to me.

aussiecreeder 01-12-2005 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I usually walk or do the elliptical machine or treadmill at the gym. If my schedule was better, I would take aerobics, but the classes don't fall at very convenient times for me. The other night, though, I took a yoga class with a friend, and I'll tell ya, that was some workout. I liked how I felt afterward, very relaxed but really awake. This class was too far away for me to go to regularly, so I think I'm going to try to find one closer to me.

I haven't done yoga but I know with several of the martial arts as you get higher some of the eastern relgious aspects come to the forefront? Same deal with yoga?

I remember I used to be so keenly into cricket that after a game I would go and play some backyard games, I just lived and breathed the game. Tennis is a much better workout though.

DangerousDan85 01-12-2005 01:56 AM

for my exercise I push shopping carts at work for about 90 minutes, it's both cardio and strength training, lol

i can't put on weight for my life, i've been stuck at 135 for about 4 years. work causes me to lose weight, i actually was under 130 at one point, so i drink stuff like Ensure to try to keep my weight normal (for me).

hayley 01-12-2005 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King X
Yhea same here, i eat like a pig and gouge myself in fat and never excersise yet i never get fat nor out of shape.

Lucky you, you're just like my brother and dad. They both eat nothing but junk food, yet they don't put on a single pound. Amazing. I'm sort of like that, but I do watch what I eat, I'm not really into the junkie foods, I like to eat healthy. :) That's probably why I feel my body is in good shape, it's all about eating the right foods and exercising well! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by King X
To bad thats gona change in like 5 years, then im screwed when my matabolism cant save my ass from laziness

Heh, just like Homer. :homer:

Speaking of Yoga, I would really love to get into that, I have been thinking about it for quite some time, I might actually pick up a tape or something eventually, it looks so good for you.