CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Audioslave heading for the studio!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6591)

jango 05-19-2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Wow I missed the remainder of this thread. Thanks for the link.

No prob... and yes, Cornell's solo album was mediocre at best.

Dogstar 05-19-2004 02:16 PM

I love Cornell's solo album tons, but I don't think it's better than Audioslave.

aussiecreeder 05-19-2004 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jango
No prob... and yes, Cornell's solo album was mediocre at best.

?????? your music taste is good for the most part IMO, but medicore at best?

can't change me
flutter girl
preaching the end of the world
wave goodbye
moon child
disappearing one
pillow on your bones

hell the whole album is fantastic

aussiecreeder 05-19-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I didn't like his solo album as much as I like Audioslave's debut. His solo album was good, but I just like Audioslave better.

see if i was a mod i would ban you for such an uneducated comment! :D

jango 05-20-2004 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
?????? your music taste is good for the most part IMO, but medicore at best?

Here's why it is mediocre. When discussing an album such as this, comparisons are drawn not to popular music (which sucks innumerable amounts of crap) but to credible bands associated with the musician... ie Soundgarden. Cornell's album is great compared to modern rock, but mediocre when compared to, say, Superunknown or Badmotorfinger.

So it would be easy to state "Chris Cornell's album rocks!" But there's more to it than that... good music is held to a higher standard in my books. ;)

aussiecreeder 05-20-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

Here's why it is mediocre. When discussing an album such as this, comparisons are drawn not to popular music (which sucks innumerable amounts of crap) but to credible bands associated with the musician... ie Soundgarden. Cornell's album is great compared to modern rock, but mediocre when compared to, say, Superunknown or Badmotorfinger.

So it would be easy to state "Chris Cornell's album rocks!" But there's more to it than that... good music is held to a higher standard in my books. ;)

its great to have high standards but there is a flaw in your arguement. soundgarden were one of the most popular bands of their day and superunknown one of the most loved albums of the time. that with ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene.

jango 05-20-2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
its great to have high standards but there is a flaw in your arguement. soundgarden were one of the most popular bands of their day and superunknown one of the most loved albums of the time. that with ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene.

No, there is not a flaw.

You are once again interpreting music from a popular viewpoint... "ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene" to the mainstream industry.

My opinion is based on my tastes and subsequent higher standards, not society's tastes. Consequently, I hold bands to a higher standard that I deem quality music, not what MTV deems defining albums.

aussiecreeder 05-20-2004 11:56 PM

Quote:

No, there is not a flaw.

You are once again interpreting music from a popular viewpoint... "ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene" to the mainstream industry.

My opinion is based on my tastes and subsequent higher standards, not society's tastes. Consequently, I hold bands to a higher standard that I deem quality music, not what MTV deems defining albums.

but in your previous post you talked about popular music which describes soundgarden. however talking about popular or indie music is an irrevelant discussion. the positions of only liking popular music or being an indie snob are both silly positions to take, as long as the music is good then who cares about the numbers? there are good mainstream bands and bad indie bands.....

Sincirr 05-27-2004 03:44 AM

I cannot even try to compare Soundgarden or Audioslave with Cornell's solo album.

There is a deeeeeper edge with Euphoria morning. Its just different. Its more viscerally than cerebrally experienced; whereas soundgarden, I dunno, I sorta get inspired a little more in the mind when I listen to them.

Euphoria morning is an honest and I would almost even say intimate view into a brilliant man, that needed to take another direction to get some stuff out. I adore it. It's not mediocre if U r percieving it correctly.

SCOTTSMYMAN 05-27-2004 09:39 AM

Sincirr, you said it beautifully. I wasn't even sure I would like his solo effort but was really surprised with how much I LOVED it! (Not to mention my 2 year old sings along in the back seat.She just loves it!!!! Won't even take a bath without wanting the music on!!)

As far as Audioslave, I love them too. Thanks for the info Kerri!!

aussiecreeder 05-27-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
I cannot even try to compare Soundgarden or Audioslave with Cornell's solo album.

There is a deeeeeper edge with Euphoria morning. Its just different. Its more viscerally than cerebrally experienced; whereas soundgarden, I dunno, I sorta get inspired a little more in the mind when I listen to them.

Euphoria morning is an honest and I would almost even say intimate view into a brilliant man, that needed to take another direction to get some stuff out. I adore it. It's not mediocre if U r percieving it correctly.

top post, euphoria is such a great album although soundgarden is better and TOTD is also right up there. Can't go past classics such as Jesus Christ Pose, Fell on Black Days and Blow Up the Outside World. Audioslave's album is probably third in line of the albums i am looking forward to this year.

Sincirr 05-28-2004 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
Sincirr, you said it beautifully...my 2 year old sings along in the back seat.She just loves it!!!! Won't even take a bath without wanting the music on!!)

As far as Audioslave, I love them too. Thanks for the info Kerri!!

Thanks! :D
And OMG that is so ADORABLE!
:thewave:
I hope I have a kid with taste like that!

SCOTTSMYMAN 05-28-2004 09:43 AM

She also sings along to A Perfect Circle and she knows alot of Creed. It's soo cute to listen to her. She doesn't always know all the words but she's the only kid I know who can keep totally in tune and faking it! I love listening to hear sing "Can't Change Me" It's sooo cute!!!

Sincirr 05-28-2004 09:56 AM

AAAWWWW!!!!!:)Gorgeous!
:note:She's going to chaaaange the woooorld:note:
Oh and I am just imagining her goin, :note:fill meeeeee fill me uuuup aaaagain:note:awwww!!! I'm gettin all clucky now! haha!

OHOH! And has anyone else here got the CD with the bonus FRENCH version of Cant Change Me on it? Yeh, he sings it in French! Oh man!!!

aussiecreeder 05-28-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
AAAWWWW!!!!!:)Gorgeous!
:note:She's going to chaaaange the woooorld:note:
Oh and I am just imagining her goin, :note:fill meeeeee fill me uuuup aaaagain:note:awwww!!! I'm gettin all clucky now! haha!

OHOH! And has anyone else here got the CD with the bonus FRENCH version of Cant Change Me on it? Yeh, he sings it in French! Oh man!!!

i do know about this but i have never heard it, i would love to hear this though! Commorford has to be one of the best bassists in the business, Audioslave have such a great rhythmn section.