CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Black music (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5447)

Bridge of Clay 01-06-2004 08:40 PM

Black music

Is it alright for a rocker to jam with black music? (or should I say afro-american? no offense! anyway, I dunno if the following songs are what people call "hip-hop")

But for some reason, there are 2 songs that I found myself enjoying while listening to them:

Outkast - Hey Ya (very good sample music)
Black Eyed Peas - Where's the love? (very good lyrics)

LOL! I know it's ok... I'm entitled to my own musical taste, even if you think it's poor... :D but I'm wondering if someone here shares the same thoughts! ;)

facelessman 01-06-2004 10:33 PM

i hate where is the love

Said Eyes 01-07-2004 04:55 AM

I love BEP and Outkast. Other bands you should check out are The Black Keys and Jurassic 5. Dont limit yourself to just one genre, man, its stupid and you might just find something you like out there!

I think Hey Ya is a fantastic song. Fun. And the film clip is amazing. Stankonia is a top album, but not as good as their latest double cd effort.
Black Eyed Peas are great too. Check out some of their older stuff, its cool.

You know who else I absolutely love who could be classified as Hip Hop? Michael Franti and Spearhead. Man that guy is cool. His live shows are absolutely awesome.

Most popular hip-hop is trash though.

Marty 01-07-2004 08:58 AM

There is nothing wrong with listening to any type of music you want. Rocker or indifferent. :)

Sincirr 01-07-2004 09:28 AM

Yep, Michael Franti is good. Marty is right.

Nothing wrong with checking out hip-hop stuff. Especially if U R a musician, U tend to hear stuff that others dont. That's the main reason I have acid jazz in my collection and anything else I can draw from.

Take Tom Morello for example. He grew up listening to metal, but also enjoys hip-hop and stuff.

Steve 01-07-2004 12:03 PM

I don't care for rap or hip-hop at all. I've given them a listen but it's just not my thing. However, I do like that Hey Ya song... is that considered rap or hip-hop though? I know some rock stations that play that song.

RMadd 01-07-2004 02:41 PM

I used to like "Hey Ya", but it's becoming one of the most overplayed songs since "How You Remind Me".... so when I hear it, i try to block it out as best as I can (ditto for the music vid).... but it is a catchy song.... I like "Where Is the Love" too. good lyrix

Aimee 01-07-2004 02:41 PM

:darkdance:
Shake it shake it like a polaroid picture.
Shake your tailfeather....oh whoa.. get down low!
:afro:
It's okay to like whatever you like. I love to rock out, but when I want to get my groove thang on, nothing works better than Hey YA! Besides, I grew up around Hip-Hop and there are some pretty catchy tunes out there. It may not be "serious" music but it's not supposed to be. Originally it was just made for party-time fun and I think it suits its' purpose just fine!

facelessman 01-07-2004 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
I used to like "Hey Ya", but it's becoming one of the most overplayed songs since "How You Remind Me"....

i agree with that

facelessman 01-07-2004 03:22 PM

i saw black eye peas in concert...they "rocked" haha

DangerousDan85 01-07-2004 04:19 PM

Hey Ya is one of the most annoying songs i've ever heard, i had to listen to it about 3 or 4 times on my drive up to Indiana with my sister (she likes them)

JulieCitySlicker 01-07-2004 05:26 PM

IMO rap is the most trashy music out there these days :eek: I can't stand it anymore, there are a few songs that are alright though :)

RMadd 01-07-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed
IMO rap is the most trashy music out there these days :eek: I can't stand it anymore, there are a few songs that are alright though :)

hey, at least you gotta love Nelly... StL, represent!

facelessman 01-08-2004 12:23 AM

i agree with that
pimpjuice...

JulieCitySlicker 01-08-2004 12:28 AM

Ya Nellys alright ;)