CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hurricane! Is everyone alright? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9580)

JulieCitySlicker 08-30-2005 03:26 PM

Hurricane! Is everyone alright?

Hey Everyone, I hope that everyone that has been affected by this last huirricane are safe! I just saw some of the damage that Katrina left behind and it was just horribe! I could never even imagine living through that. I hope your all ok. *Hugs*

hotforscott 08-30-2005 04:33 PM

All of our hotels here are booked up due to people from Louisiana coming this way, and we have had some gloomy weather. I like the wind and mist that it's bringing our way here in Arkansas, but I wish it was accompanied by sunny skies, not gray ones.

creedsister 08-30-2005 04:47 PM

im enjoying whats left :) its better than fun in the sun i do have to admit after i was shaking in my camper last night with the strong gusts of wind i gotta lit shakey, but it passed

Dogstar 08-30-2005 05:08 PM

Man, this was one brutal storm. I don't think they have a clue about how much damage it has done. They are estimating hundreds of deaths. This is very sad.

JulieCitySlicker 08-30-2005 07:07 PM

I know Kerri :( Just from seeing the damage and all the water and flooding there,I don't think they have a clue to how many lives are lost altogether. I'll bet it ends up being more than hundreds,unfortunately.

hayley 08-30-2005 08:00 PM

I've been watching some of the footage on CNN and the news, horrible stuff this hurricane Katrina. :( My thoughts go to the ones who have lost their lives, let's hope the death toll doesn't rise any more ....

aussiecreeder 08-30-2005 08:18 PM

I was reading that whole states were being urged to leave, I just can't imagine that. New Orleans is below sea level they tell me so that would have made the flooding so much worse. terrible news...... :(

Dogstar 08-30-2005 08:40 PM

Yes, and what happened was that the poorer people couldn't get out. In Biloxi, Miss., they got hit with a 25-foot wall of water. It just ripped the shoreline to shreds. I watched the news and they devoted the whole half hour to the storm. This is like all those Florida hurricanes from last year all rolled into one. I'm going to donate some clothes and money to the relief effort. I have two bags of clothes I can give.

hotforscott 08-30-2005 09:59 PM

Kerri,

Do you have any information on where to send donations and stuff. I have plenty of stuff I can send to them. I can look online for an address or what not, but I thought you might have it handy. I know 480,000 were being evacuated as of yesterday, on the news that was the number they gave, they say this is worse then Hurricane Emily. I really have them all in my thoughts and prayers.

hotforscott 08-30-2005 10:02 PM

I found this incase anyone else is interested in helping.

http://www.networkforgood.org/topics...HOO&cmpgn=HMPG

Ana4Stapp 08-30-2005 10:57 PM

Im very sorry about this horrible situation.I saw at TV and the sad images are still in my mind. My thoughts and prayers are with the every person that suffered this catastrophe. :(

RMadd 08-31-2005 01:07 AM

i'm alright.... got a little windy yesterday afternoon, but with the storm beginning to track towards the ohio valley, i don't think we're gonna get any of its rain. it's just too bad, tho, what happened in n'arlins. they did manage to miss the strongest bit of the storm (tho barely), but w/ lake ponchatrain (sp?) overflowing & busting the levees, putting something like 80% of the city under some amts of water (as of earlier today), well that's just horrible.

Dogstar 08-31-2005 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotforscott
Kerri,

Do you have any information on where to send donations and stuff. I have plenty of stuff I can send to them. I can look online for an address or what not, but I thought you might have it handy. I know 480,000 were being evacuated as of yesterday, on the news that was the number they gave, they say this is worse then Hurricane Emily. I really have them all in my thoughts and prayers.

I didn't have anything handy, but I'm going to be checking online as well. I'm sure any Red Cross would gladly take donations.

Steve 08-31-2005 10:04 PM

Are there any forum members here who were in the path of Katrina and were directly hit?

JulieCitySlicker 08-31-2005 10:35 PM

I'm not sure Steve,but I know that Aimee is in Florida,I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)