CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Which Audioslave Do You Prefer? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10228)

RMadd 12-19-2005 09:07 PM

Which Audioslave Do You Prefer?

Pretty self-explanatory here: which album do you prefer?

guitardude1985 12-19-2005 09:22 PM

Re: Which Audioslave Do You Prefer?

Had to bump those up to 50/50 :D

Ana4Stapp 12-19-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
Pretty self-explanatory here: which album do you prefer?

Two!!!! Two!!!!!! Two!!!!! :D

lol

scrit 12-19-2005 09:27 PM

Their first deffinatly. Their new one just diddnt do it for me, while their old one was amazing.

Dogstar 12-20-2005 01:38 AM

^^^ What scrit said.

evyllsummer 12-20-2005 01:53 AM

I like the second one better because it's closer to how the band (and Cornell, in particular) sounds live...the first one was their transition album, as more than a few songs had a very distinct RATM sound to it, but the band has developed a little more personality for their second album, for better or worse...although, one could ALSO argue that the second one was simply a change in the reigns somewhat, as, instead of the heavy RATM sound of the first one, there are a few songs on the second one that could have landed on a Cornell solo record...I prefer the second one, but I love the first one, too...Cornell is on my top five ever...

Steve 12-20-2005 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
^^^ What scrit said.

^^^ What Dogstar said.

titan9 12-20-2005 10:26 AM

I had to go with Out Of Exile. I now own both albums(bought O.O.E. back when it came out, then bought the first one) and was disappointed with the first album. The debut CD just doesn't do it for me, for some reason. I absolutely hate "Like a Stone"(and have since it was first released as a single...which is why it took me so long[3 years] to actually give Audioslave a chance) and don't really love the other singles from that album. The rest of it is alright, but I've never been able to get into it.

The second album, on the other hand, is awesome in my opinion. I particularly love the first 9 tracks(with the exception of "Be Yourself", another song I'm not too fond of). "Doesn't Remind Me" is definitely my favorite track off that album, with probably "Halo" being a close second. I also really love the title track(which is a single now, I believe) and even the first song is pretty good. I just hope that the next CD is more like the second than the first. Otherwise, I might not be too happy with it. ;)

The Lithium 12-20-2005 10:49 AM

I like the older, heavier Audioslave, better than the new, softer Audioslave.

RMadd 12-20-2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
^^^ What Dogstar said.

^^^ What Steve said

RMadd 12-20-2005 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I absolutely hate "Like a Stone"(and have since it was first released as a single... "Doesn't Remind Me" is definitely my favorite track off that album

Like a Stone isn't my favorite, but it's definitely grown on me. On the other hand, I just can't stand Doesn't Remind Me. I just don't like its vibe or anything... it just might be my least favorite track, and I have no idea why it was released as a single.

GregS 12-20-2005 09:09 PM

I like both their albums just the same.. Their both awesome :cool:

alterbridge9 12-20-2005 09:54 PM

Both albums are way over rated nothing special. Rage > Audioslave and Soundgarden > Audioslave

Soundgarden was one of the best bands ever. Audioslave is a watered down version of both Soundgarden and Rage

Ana4Stapp 12-21-2005 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evyllsummer
Cornell is on my top five ever...

;)

YEESSSS!

Dogstar 12-21-2005 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
Like a Stone isn't my favorite, but it's definitely grown on me. On the other hand, I just can't stand Doesn't Remind Me. I just don't like its vibe or anything... it just might be my least favorite track, and I have no idea why it was released as a single.

Word.