CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Aussie Invasion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6999)

aussiecreeder 07-01-2004 07:10 PM

Aussie Invasion

I know you guys are familiar with bands such as Jet and The Vines but in my opinion there are bands in this country that are so much better. Wondering how many of these bands you guys are familiar with and which ones you like.

Silverchair
The Living End
John Butler Trio (reggae infused rock)
Pacifier (New Zealand)
The Datsuns (ditto)
The Dissociatives (silverchair side-project radiohead like)
The Cassanovas
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Betchupuda (NZ featuring nephew of Neil Finn of Crowded House)

anyone? :D

Sincirr 07-02-2004 02:39 AM

I am Aussie, but I will give my :2cents:worth:

I never really liked Silverchair cos I thought the lead singer had a bad attitide, plus other stuff I wont mention.:mad1: I like the drummer though cos he is a true Ozzy fan.:thumbsup:

John Butler is alright, but I love Ben Harper more. :bow:

NZ bands are always good!:clap:

The Dissociatives sound way too much like Jellyfish; 'sall been done before! :rolleyes:

Most of these groups/artists are cool. Especially Living End. Now thats a damn good band!:jam::jam:

PaulMcCoygirl 07-02-2004 02:49 AM

Well I've heard of Silverchair, The Living End and Pacifier. Out of those 3, I like Pacifier the best.

Said Eyes 07-02-2004 10:01 AM

The Datsuns and The Cassanovas are the only two bands there that are any good. But I'm really opinionated so you can ignore me. Oh, and Nick Cave is good too.

Sincirr, bravo on your Dissociatives/Jellyfish comparison. Too. Fucking. Similar.

aussiecreeder 07-02-2004 07:31 PM

The Dissociatives are quite orignal IMO actually and Daniel Johns (lead singer for both Silverchair and Dissociatives) is a major talent bordering on genious. I don't know what he did to get to Sincirr but he is very talented even if he's just a tad strange. The Living End are probably my favourite aussie band so great and they rock nice and hard.

hayley 07-05-2004 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
I know you guys are familiar with bands such as Jet and The Vines but in my opinion there are bands in this country that are so much better.

I agree. The Aussie Invasion would be a wicked experiance, but there are way better bands out there.

Quote:

Pacifier (New Zealand)

DAMN STRAIGHT!! :D:D They are the best NZ band out there. Apart from Eight, they are kick ass too, and Opshop aren't bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
NZ bands are always good!:clap:

Ditto! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMcCoygirl
Out of those 3, I like Pacifier the best.

Woo hoo!!

Just to finish, PACIFIER ROCK!!:D

Said Eyes 07-05-2004 05:22 AM

Quote:

Daniel Johns (lead singer for both Silverchair and Dissociatives) is a major talent bordering on genius.

Lol! :rolleyes:

aussiecreeder 07-05-2004 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Said Eyes
Lol! :rolleyes:

you don't agree obviously? i guess you're not a fan of diorama.....

RMadd 07-05-2004 11:25 PM

I'm familiar w/ Silverchair, Pacifier, and The Living End (I think), Silverchair being my favorite among the 3. Isn't Jet from Australia, too? If so, they're my favorite Aussie band. "Cold Hard B****" is an awesome song.

aussiecreeder 07-06-2004 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
I'm familiar w/ Silverchair, Pacifier, and The Living End (I think), Silverchair being my favorite among the 3. Isn't Jet from Australia, too? If so, they're my favorite Aussie band. "Cold Hard B****" is an awesome song.

yeah Jet are an Australian band but I don't really like them that much to be honest. I believe the bands in my list are far superior.

Dani 07-06-2004 05:40 AM

It's okay Handmedown, I agree with you re Daniel Johns. I think Jet are just good fun.

I know they aren't really Rock, but my fave Aussie band is Something for Kate.

Said Eyes 07-06-2004 06:58 AM

Oh, Diorama was ok. The Lever is a good song, so was Tuna in the Brine (I think it was that song, bad memory), but calling Johns a genius is a bit of a stretch.

If Something For Kate isn't rock, what are they?

Dani 07-06-2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Said Eyes

If Something For Kate isn't rock, what are they?

Yeah, sorry, ignore me. I know they are rock, I just meant they are not full on hard rock.

aussiecreeder 07-06-2004 08:52 PM

yeah Something for Kate's songwriting is very good but they are quite a boring live act. Daniel Johns perhaps is not a genius but he's the most talented popular muscian in the country IMO. Diorama was also a bit of a risk but they pulled it off. I would like for them to make another album and rock out a bit more though.