CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Chris Daughtry new lead singer of Fuel! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10956)

LeftOfTheMurder 05-11-2006 08:04 PM

Chris Daughtry new lead singer of Fuel!

It is all but confirmed. I think the official announcement will come once this season's American Idol is over.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/new...11/1/text.html

Carl Bell, guitarist for Fuel, and Jeff Abercrombie, bassist, have formally offered Chris the job.

For those who don't know, Chris Daughtry is one of the bigger names on this years American Idol

eusebioCBR 05-11-2006 09:20 PM

Re: Chris Daughtry new lead singer of Fuel!

I hope he takes the offer:deal:

Lechium 05-12-2006 12:13 AM

Lol, now all fading/has-been bands will try to have their last huzzah though recruiting someone though a reality TV show? How sad and pathetic...

metalchris25 05-12-2006 12:57 AM

I hope he goes with someone other than Fuel. His voice doesn't fit that style of music.

Chase 05-12-2006 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalchris25
I hope he goes with someone other than Fuel. His voice doesn't fit that style of music.

What style of music does his voice fit then?

LeftOfTheMurder 05-12-2006 08:07 AM

I think it works well with their style of music. He actually played Fuel's "Hemorrhage" on American Idol during the first couple weeks. If anyone hasn't heard it, PM me and I'll send it to you. Chris blows away Brett Scallions

GregS 05-12-2006 08:53 AM

Chris would fit into Fuel fine.

metalchris25 05-12-2006 01:35 PM

fuel sucks though.

LeftOfTheMurder 05-12-2006 01:57 PM

Fuel is definately not one of my favorite bands. Or even close. But I tuned in every week to watch Chris sing, and I never watch American Idol. He played songs like "Broken" (Seether), "Hemorrhage" (Fuel), "Higher Ground" (Red Hot Chili peppers version), "Walk The Line" (Johnny Cash), "Wanted Dead or Alive" (Bon Jovi), and even "What if" (Creed)....and he totally nailed every song. He sure kicked Stapp's ass on What If. haha.

But my point is, Fuel had some potential and I think Chris Daughtry deserves to be in a rock band, not on some teenie-bopper singing contest. The man has a killer rock voice, melodic and powerful. This is just my opinion. But anyone who wants to hear mp3's of any of the songs mentioned above that Chris covered on Americal Idol, throw me a PM.

Have a good day, ladies and gentlemen.

Lunar Shadow 05-13-2006 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium
Lol, now all fading/has-been bands will try to have their last huzzah though recruiting someone though a reality TV show? How sad and pathetic...

My thoughts exactly..... doesn't this ruin any credability that Fuel ever had? and I think no matter what Chris does American Idol wi haunt him for years to come because American Idol shows everything wrong with music today.... where image take a front seat over talent

so is life

eusebioCBR 05-13-2006 12:10 PM

I don't think American Idol will haunt Chris, not with the short attention span of the general public these days.:rolleyes:

Unforgiven Fan 05-13-2006 01:00 PM

fuel I would not call as has been, Bell's style is not what the mainstream music people want to hear anymore...so what if that idol guy was offered...the heart of the band is Bell and that is what Fuel is all about...

LeftOfTheMurder 05-13-2006 03:24 PM

All i know is that i think Chris can rock it harder than Brett Scallions.

nagpo 05-13-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftOfTheMurder
He sure kicked Stapp's ass on What If. haha.

....no...

LeftOfTheMurder 05-13-2006 07:32 PM

you don't think so?....but i guess you're one of those die hard Stapp followers, so I understand your bias...

I don't know how I used to be a Creed fan. Stapp's voice fucking blows, IMO. He sounds like he's plugging his nose and has a stick up his ass