CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   President Bush Re-Elected (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7866)

RMadd 11-03-2004 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebird
I'm backing Dogstar in this fight!!! I'm not happy either.

Bush has instilled fear in our people, suggesting if he were not reelected, terrorists would take over.

I personally know people who voted because of this fear, and I do not believe that they were correct in doing so.

I voted for Kerry, and I am truly sorry that he did not get elected.

I wonder what other countries are feeling about this election.

well, i didn't vote in fear, if that helps ya at all. i voted for him b/c i knew him to be the best man for the job. besides, b/c o' 9/11 and everything else modern, fear is a pretty big deal. bush doesn't make people afraid, he just reminds us that we're not safe. and that's not lying to the people. truth be told, we aren't 100% all the time.
and i personally know people who voted for bush because he's a tad more resolute... actually, i know many people who did that.... and thank God John Fucking Kerry lost
i'm sure other countries aren't happy either, but there's a reason only we Americans can vote.

RMadd 11-03-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarofsap
I think it's going to be entertaining to see the reactions of all those dang celebrities that said Kerry was gonna win by a landslide.

"John Kerry's already kickin' Bush's ass. Let's make it worse' for Bush!" - Dave Grohl at a recent Kerry campaign stop.

:roll:

I am so happy about Bush's victory. He won the popular vote by over 3 million!! sweet

man, you gotta love the liberal celebrities and Hollywood! they think they're so damn normal, but they're like no one at all.

JulieCitySlicker 11-03-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
BUSH SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

"I'm a war president" - George W Bush

You don't even live in the US, so your opinion doesn't mean a hill of crap Lith ;)

JulieCitySlicker 11-03-2004 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
well, i didn't vote in fear, if that helps ya at all. i voted for him b/c i knew him to be the best man for the job. besides, b/c o' 9/11 and everything else modern, fear is a pretty big deal. bush doesn't make people afraid, he just reminds us that we're not safe. and that's not lying to the people. truth be told, we aren't 100% all the time.
and i personally know people who voted for bush because he's a tad more resolute... actually, i know many people who did that.... and thank God John Fucking Kerry lost
i'm sure other countries aren't happy either, but there's a reason only we Americans can vote.

Exactly :clap: :thumbsup:

Higher_Desire 11-03-2004 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Bush did win the popular vote, but it was no ringing endorsement. There's a good a chunk of people (48 percent or so) in this country who are NOT happy about this. I am one of those people.

In everything you do, one third will like it, one third won't, and one third won't give a damn. Just like with now, many people like it, many don't, and many don't care. But, since we live in a democracy, everyone must learn to live with it. I agree with what Kerry said in his speech when he conceded: "There are no losers. We are blessed as winners by being able to wake up every morning as Americans, and that is the greatest win of all."

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebird
I'm backing Dogstar in this fight!!! I'm not happy either.

Bush has instilled fear in our people, suggesting if he were not reelected, terrorists would take over.

I personally know people who voted because of this fear, and I do not believe that they were correct in doing so.

I voted for Kerry, and I am truly sorry that he did not get elected.

I wonder what other countries are feeling about this election.

Whitebird, for the first time ever, I disagree with you. Fear was instilled in people with the terrorist attacks, and Bush is trying to stop the fear by fighting (and ultimately ending) the war on terror. I don't believe that Bush instilled a fear that terrorists will take over, but rather believe that Kerry would act too hastily regarding the troops in Iraq and may cause a big problem that way.
And about how other countries feel, I have read reports that they are also nearly equally split between Bush and Kerry.
Personally, to boil it down, I admire the morals of Bush, as they are similar to mine. Sure I don't agree with him 100%, I do support many of Kerry's views, but in the longrun, I believe Bush is steadfast and strong. I think he is good for America at this time.

H-D :pimp:

Steve 11-03-2004 06:12 PM

I saw an interview with an army member over in Iraq right now. He was asked what he thought of the election and what he hoped the outcome was. His reply (not word for word, but close) was:

I hope President Bush wins. He has done much for us [troops]. If John Kerry were to get elected, we would probably leave [Iraq] unfinished. And in ten years we'd be coming back over here to finish the job.

I never thought of it that way before, but he is completely right. Kerry said numerous times during the debates that he had a plan for removing the troops from Iraq in X time period (I don't remember what he said now). What if the job took longer than his X time period? We can't just leave Iraq the way it is now. We have to finish what we started, or as the guy said, we'll be back over there again in the future.

Dogstar 11-03-2004 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Just remember, Bill Clinton didn't win the "majority" of the vote either. He won his elections with less than 50% of the total vote. Bush is the first president to be elected with more than 50% of the vote since his father.

Regardless, it's no mandate from the ALL of the people.

Dogstar 11-03-2004 06:23 PM

Quote:

That has been the M.O.of this campaign, fear and smear. And the corporate-controlled media fed this to America 24/7. We shouldn't have been in Iraq in the first place, but I digress, and we've been over this a million times anyway.

RMadd 11-03-2004 06:24 PM

Quote:

Regardless, it's no mandate from the ALL of the people.

but majority rules there, chief, and that's the premise we've operated on for just a few years now....

and as for Kerry & the debates, though I made up my mind long before I'd vote for G-Dub, I wasn't as impressed as some Democrats (including those who would prolly help him a la Monica for Bubba).... he'd say he'd have all these plans and he'd do this and that, but he never quite seemed to get around to explaining how he'd do all that.

RMadd 11-03-2004 06:25 PM

Quote:

And the corporate-controlled media fed this to America 24/7.

so how's what the liberal media says (save for FOXNews, so no one jumps all over that) an example of Bush instilling fear in us?

The Lithium 11-03-2004 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker
You don't even live in the US, so your opinion doesn't mean a hill of crap Lith ;)

If I should answer this the way I want to answer it I would get banned. :mad:

What's up with you American people? Lately Bush have screwed up the whole worlds economy! He boomed Iraq, a nation that has never ever killed a single American citizen before the war. For what? Terror? Not likely! Here in Sweden where I live I have never ever heard anyone say a single nice, friendly or positive word about that man. I'm glad some of you guys understand.

I have 4 words for you: "Micheal Moore -Fahrenheit 9/11"

"Same on you if you if you... *thinking* Fool me once... Shame on me... *thinking again*... Well, actually you can't be fooled two times" - Bush

The Lithium 11-03-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
Well said Steve. And Lithuim, I think you're nice and you've helped me out before, but you don't even live in the US. Please stay out of it. You really have no idea what life is like here or what the situation of the country truly is. I am trying to be as nice as possible about it, but it's very difficult.

Quote:

that's right!

Come on guys, I'm not gonna hate you for this. I'll still help you out if you need to as a friend, and no, I don't live in the US. But please understand how much it effects the rest of the world. When Bush started the Iraq war almost every youngester in Sweden took time off from school and demonstrated against Bush.

Quote:

Yeah, and it's a fucking shame!

Dogstar 11-03-2004 06:42 PM

Quote:

so how's what the liberal media says (save for FOXNews, so no one jumps all over that) an example of Bush instilling fear in us?

There is no liberal media.

The Lithium 11-03-2004 06:48 PM

I agree with Dogstar! And Bush HAVE tried installed fear in you and the rest of the world!

Have you guys even watched Farenhait 9/11?

Steve 11-03-2004 06:58 PM

Quote:

There is no liberal media.

Tom Brokaw?

Did you see him sadly announce that Bush won Florida and Ohio last night? He almost had a tear in his eye, he was so upset.

Dan Rather?

Don't even need to go through his actions in the recent year...

;)