CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sun Burn(s) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6641)

GeeK_2004 05-20-2004 06:40 PM

Sun Burn(s)

How can you help/cure/treat sun burns ....???

well the sun burn is just on my face and my arms ....If you live in the south....theres this term: Farmers Tan that you might hear of.....

And thats what I have....its where your arms ...about from your elbow to your hands that are tan and from your shoulder to your elbow is just white
!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

DangerousDan85 05-20-2004 07:38 PM

to treat sunburns you need aloe vera lotion

i get unevenly tanned arms from mowing the lawn when i wear t-shirts, lol

TeriB19 05-20-2004 10:55 PM

To draw the heat out, you can use wash cloths soaked in tea. It really does work, and to help with the pain, definitely aloe vera.

JulieCitySlicker 05-20-2004 11:04 PM

I never get sunburn, I just get darker :D

Creed_Defaultgirl 05-21-2004 12:18 AM

I've heard to use vinager, it never worked with me though, plus it stinks. You can take a hot shower, that's always what I do, but still, it gradually takes time for the redness to go away.

hayley 05-21-2004 03:57 AM

Oh my god, a hot shower when you have sunburn, thats agony.

I agree, aloe vera lotion is the nicest. I rub that all over my body whenever I get sunburn, it helps cool it down and has a really nice feeling. Baby lotion also helps soothe the pain.

RMadd 05-21-2004 07:46 PM

get some real aloe vera plant... all you need is a tiny piece, that juice will go a long way. plus, you can plant it in a pot, and it will grow quite large, multiplying the "arms" you have. i guess it's nice not being pale, not having to worry about sunburn even when mowing lawns or doing carts at work

GeeK_2004 05-22-2004 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
Oh my god, a hot shower when you have sunburn, thats agony.

I agree, aloe vera lotion is the nicest. I rub that all over my body whenever I get sunburn, it helps cool it down and has a really nice feeling. Baby lotion also helps soothe the pain.

yea...

last night I was thinkin about putting some baby oil on it...

GeeK_2004 05-22-2004 09:28 PM

my forehead is started/starting to peal a little..

I`m sure it'll be even worse tomorrow...

Trees of Wisdom 05-22-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeeK_2004
my forehead is started/starting to peal a little..

I`m sure it'll be even worse tomorrow...

That sucks. The same happened to me during football hell week. My skin and everything peeled and it hurt like hell.

GeeK_2004 05-22-2004 09:39 PM

I hate it when ever it peals really bad...

it looks like I have dandruff (spellin?!?!) thats on my forehead !!!

:laugh:

JenRN 05-24-2004 08:50 AM

I am burned as we speak, and it hurts!!! I went canoeing last week and got burned on my back where I could not reach to put sunscreen. The best thing for you is to keep it moisturized, with ALOE VERA, lotions without perfume etc... and drink lots of water. Coa Coa butter does a good job as well. The thing for me that sucks is I can't put anything on it, seeing I could not reach to put on sunscreen, I surely can't reach to put lotion :( And it itches like a SOB!!!!!

Aimee 05-24-2004 09:26 AM

Being redhead, I have been burned a lot. Aloe works, I've heard the vinager bath works well. Also, if you get a towel wet with cold water (it helps if you put it over the a/c or a fan) and put it on the burn, it draws out the heat. One more thing I tried once is tomato slices. For some reason (I'm not sure why) it works to keep the skin from blistering. But aloe is most def the best thing as long as it's pure. I feel for you guys! Sunburns are NO FUN! Try BullFrog next time... I swear by the stuff, and have even been able to tan through it (and for me that's saying a lot since I usually just burn and peel in that order).

RMadd 05-24-2004 12:06 PM

cocoa butter smells like crap

Wylde-Tremonti 05-24-2004 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeeK_2004
How can you help/cure/treat sun burns ....???

well the sun burn is just on my face and my arms ....If you live in the south....theres this term: Farmers Tan that you might hear of.....

And thats what I have....its where your arms ...about from your elbow to your hands that are tan and from your shoulder to your elbow is just white
!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have that now... cept mine is my Whole arms are burned and then my Chest and stomache are like pure white!... lol... i was wearin a Muscle/sleeveless shirt...