CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Scott let me down (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10893)

King Oropher 04-24-2006 12:43 PM

Scott let me down

March 1st, I find out Scott is coming to New Zealand ( so f@#$!@ excited) I go on to Michael Copples website (Australasian promoter). It says tickets on sale March 14th. It says go to ticketek.co.nz. So I go to the website, I search for ticketes, it comes back with nothing!!! So I wait paitiently, still I can't but tickets, eventually I get impatient. So I go to ScottStapp.com, in the tour section it says ticketek.co.nz is selling tickets to his concert, I send them an email asking for ticket prices then they tell me they aren't selling the tickets for his concert. WTF??? Anyway I finally found out whose selling the tickets. www.ticketdirect.co.nz. (not happy). Who is promoting his concert???. So I book tickets, then get told his concert is cancelled. I think the worse. Maybe Scott is sick??? I go to his website and it says " Scott Stapp has decided to stay in the U.S. Thank you Scott :wtf: Even though his album isn't selling like past CREED albums in NZ, does not mean he should get our hopes up. Lets say he didn't sell that many tickets, he stil has a lot of loyal fans here. We deserve better!!!

J-Man 04-24-2006 02:42 PM

Re: Scott let me down

Dude, he let a lot of people down. Become an AB fan - you'll be happier for it. The best concerts I've ever attended were Alter Bridge.

Rocketqueen 04-24-2006 02:50 PM

so what are you trying to say, that there shows are better or something!!!!

J-Man 04-24-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketqueen

I don't think I'm TRYING to say anything. I'm stating the obvious. When something is obvious, trying is not needed.

So in case you didn't understand me the first time - YES THEIR SHOWS ARE BETTER AND SO IS THEIR MUSIC!!!! Since you like to type w/ exclamation marks - I figured I would too. ;)

PS - they don't let their fans down either.

Rocketqueen 04-24-2006 03:12 PM

thats just like so un so !!!! and so un true !!!!!!!!! i wont argue i wish not too... he did,nt let nobody down he just had to cancel a few shows no harm done !!!

J-Man 04-24-2006 03:15 PM

UNreal. LOL. There are some interesting characters on here.

Rocketqueen 04-24-2006 03:21 PM

yes X being NUMBER 1 :D

Mrprophetman 04-24-2006 03:52 PM

I've been to an Alter Bridge show. And I have just the opposite opinion. But then it's just MY opinion.

Just a bunch of people listening to that droning sound, all nodding their heads in time with the music.

Muad'Dib 04-25-2006 11:24 PM

AB havent made effort to come here either, shame cos i never saw creed live, then again neither of them have made their mark on charts over here or radio play. TGD gets a bit, only heard AB once.

AliceInChains 04-27-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Man
Dude, he let a lot of people down. Become an AB fan - you'll be happier for it. The best concerts I've ever attended were Alter Bridge.

I thoroughly enjoyd AB's shows--saw them three times, each better than the last. But if that's the best concert you've been to, you haven't seen many shows.

Sentinel69 04-27-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

thats just like so un so !!!! and so un true !!!!!!!!! i wont argue i wish not too... he did,nt let nobody down he just had to cancel a few shows no harm done !!!

Thank you !! So it's normal to let a "few" shows down in New Zealand and Europe for a bigger tour in the usa?And don't want to have comments on your important opinion?

Keep on dreaming or are you just that naieve?

Now i understand the reaction from the former Creed members about Scott, finally.What was I thinking.

Dogstar 04-27-2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
AB havent made effort to come here either, shame cos i never saw creed live, then again neither of them have made their mark on charts over here or radio play. TGD gets a bit, only heard AB once.

Unless they sell a lot of records or get a lot of radio play, neither one will go there because of the cost. It sucks.

RoffeDH 04-27-2006 01:48 PM

To bad to hear that Orpher... That trouly suck... But to just do a USA tour... that's just idiotic... I mean, AB aint that big in England (are they?) and they love comming over there... We spoil them every time ;)
I mean... Stapp will probobly be getting bigger shows and more attendents to his shows... But is that all he want to do with his music?

Sentinel69, what do you mean with "Now i understand the reaction from the former Creed members about Scott, finally.What was I thinking." Do you mean you will be trashing Stapp and become a fulltime AB fan? ;)

Sentinel69 04-27-2006 04:03 PM

@RoffeDH .... I think so.
If I can't connect with my favorite artist because of marketing,money and arrogance ,why should I keep supporting him? People get what they deserve.If this is Scott's way , he will get what he asked for.

Can you imagine what it means for me to look at some tickets that are cancelled for a "greater" purpose? Every time I think about it it makes me really mad.

AB does not ignore my little country and don't have lame excuses :thumbsup:

gr,
Irene

Chase 04-27-2006 04:23 PM

This is funny. You guys are really overreacting. First of all, Stapp hasn't even hit most of the United States yet. Like it or not, the bulk of his fanbase is American... therefore, from a logical standpoint, it makes sense to promote himself in his biggest market.

Shows get postponed and cancelled all the time. Audioslave cancelled a show in San Diego claiming that Chris Cornell was sick. The next day they performed in another city. Yeah, people were bummed that they didn't play here... but I didn't care all that much.

And the best concert I have seen wasn't Alter Bridge... and I doubt that it will be Stapp. Creed was definitely up there... but I've seen better bands.

Bottom line: stop freaking out. You're like "HOLY CHRIST! OH MY GOD! THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE STAPP!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" You guys have even said it yourselves... Stapp isn't that big overseas anymore. It's probably smarter to connect with his old American fanbase first... since that's where most of his fans are. It's common sense.

Sentinel69 04-27-2006 04:41 PM

Okay, if he HAD a good reason but did you heard a GOOD reason ? If he had good reasons I did not complain the way I do right now.
And AB's fanbase is also in the usa but they do come also to europe (again) ,and they are also a very young band.

gr,
Irene

Trimontana 04-30-2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

AB shows are better than Scott's for sure

King Oropher 04-30-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

This is funny. You guys are really overreacting. First of all, Stapp hasn't even hit most of the United States yet. Like it or not, the bulk of his fanbase is American... therefore, from a logical standpoint, it makes sense to promote himself in his biggest market.

I agree with you dude in some sense but you need to realise we DOWN UNDER don't get many concerts. So when a concert is advertised we get excited. When that group/artist cancells it hurts!!! U2 cancelled on us and we can respect that they gave us a good reason. From what I heard one of the band members family fell sick.(understandable) Reading " Scotts " official website it says " Scott has decided to stay in the U.S " makes sense :rolleyes: (sarcasm) explains everything Scott!!!

Robin101 04-30-2006 01:11 PM

I don't know the real reason Scott (or Wind-Up) cancelled the tour. When I read a UK review for TGD (see thread 'Stapp UK review') it said the album was due for realease May 8. I was due to see him in London on May 11 - just 3 days after it went on sale.

I think someone at W-U made a error - arranging the tour before realizing that the album wasn't out over here yet. I don't know if it has been released in Australia, New Zealand or the rest of Europe, but if it hasn't my guess is probably right. It it isn't, we'll just have to keep speculating.

Chase 04-30-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Oropher
I agree with you dude in some sense but you need to realise we DOWN UNDER don't get many concerts. So when a concert is advertised we get excited. When that group/artist cancells it hurts!!! U2 cancelled on us and we can respect that they gave us a good reason. From what I heard one of the band members family fell sick.(understandable) Reading " Scotts " official website it says " Scott has decided to stay in the U.S " makes sense :rolleyes: (sarcasm) explains everything Scott!!!

You know what though. There are some Aussie/Kiwi acts that seem to hardly make an effort to come here... and it sucks for their American fans. But I understand that hardly anyone knows who they are. You know, I would kill to see Shihad... but that's highly unlikely. The Living End hasn't really been back here in a couple of years. Just relax... things will work out alright. I'm sure a lot of this is Wind Up's idea. To continue promoting himself here in the States... before embarking on a World Tour.

JOEINHOUSTON 05-01-2006 03:27 PM

it seems to me that this was probably wind up's decision.

RoffeDH 05-01-2006 04:00 PM

Robin, AB made a consert in London BEFORE their album was released... It was due to be released 2 days, or 3 days later... So I don't belive it was an error... That would just be idiotic to do that big of an error, it's not like some employee sliped over the phone and just happen to dial the numbers and make arrengements for a show in europe... He must have slipped a lot of times.
Now, I'm not a big Stapp fan, I pretty much unlike the guy at the moment... But the thing is you give a reson to cancel... And a reson isn't that you would love to play arenas, that's not music, that's ego!

Robin101 05-01-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
Robin, AB made a consert in London BEFORE their album was released... It was due to be released 2 days, or 3 days later... So I don't belive it was an error... That would just be idiotic to do that big of an error, it's not like some employee sliped over the phone and just happen to dial the numbers and make arrengements for a show in europe... He must have slipped a lot of times.
Now, I'm not a big Stapp fan, I pretty much unlike the guy at the moment... But the thing is you give a reson to cancel... And a reson isn't that you would love to play arenas, that's not music, that's ego!

I stand corrected. :D

As for no one making such an idiotic mistake - we are talking about Wind-Up here!!

The reason 'Scott has decided to stay on the US for now' can be taken in many different ways. Chase made a good point (and the most obvious). The fact that a tour with INXS was arranged so quickly supports his view.

RoffeDH 05-03-2006 03:44 AM

I'm soooo good ;)
But I think Stapp actually have enough power to stand against WU. I mean if AB coulp come to England BEFORE their album was released, why coulnd't Stapp go outside of the states three days AFTER his album was released?

Just a thought...

Lechium 05-03-2006 04:19 AM

There are indie bands that play shows in Australia/New Zeland, despite moving fewer units of CD's/having less airplay/having less pormotion than the stapp man. Mike Patton and his numerious projects (Fantomas for example) go there just fine.
It's a matter of caring for fans, enjoying playing shows, traveling and many other things. Some people are more fit at being performance artists than others.

That's why I respect REAL indie bands -- they tour non-stop. Because they're poor and they need to make ends meet, yah, but if they didn't like playing their music they'd get a different job. Bands that release an album, tour, than sit around for few years and just fuck around, always make impressions of NOT true musicians on me (some bands I love fit this image. Massive Attack, Radiohead, I'm looking at you!).

P.S. moral of story? you can think of it yourself I'm sure.

Chase 05-03-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
I'm soooo good ;)
But I think Stapp actually have enough power to stand against WU. I mean if AB coulp come to England BEFORE their album was released, why coulnd't Stapp go outside of the states three days AFTER his album was released?

Just a thought...

Stapp isn't that popular outside of the United States... that's the truth. It honestly, from a marketing standpoint, makes more sense to appeal to the bulk of his fanbase right away. I mean... Oasis is my favorite band, but I don't expect them to constantly play the U.S.

Alter Bridge could've been more successful had Wind Up promoted them like crazy over here. They didn't... and it hurt the band in terms of record sales.

Chase 05-03-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium
There are indie bands that play shows in Australia/New Zeland, despite moving fewer units of CD's/having less airplay/having less pormotion than the stapp man. Mike Patton and his numerious projects (Fantomas for example) go there just fine.
It's a matter of caring for fans, enjoying playing shows, traveling and many other things. Some people are more fit at being performance artists than others.

That's why I respect REAL indie bands -- they tour non-stop. Because they're poor and they need to make ends meet, yah, but if they didn't like playing their music they'd get a different job. Bands that release an album, tour, than sit around for few years and just fuck around, always make impressions of NOT true musicians on me (some bands I love fit this image. Massive Attack, Radiohead, I'm looking at you!).

Most of the bands I listen to are indie bands. I presume you mean, bands that play indie style of music... not just bands that are independently free from a record label. But honestly... take The Strokes for instance... they are anything but poor. Julian Casablancas already came from a wealthy family and already lived a posh lifestyle during his days as a struggling musician. The same goes for The White Stripes. Also, an "indie" band who was just signed by a label like Epic is probably not anymore poor than a young, nu-metal band signed by Roadrunner.

Lechium 05-03-2006 10:40 PM

When I say indie -- I mean bands from indie labels. Word "indie" has lost its meaning latley sadly.
Bands tour in order to widen fanbase, actually, not just to cash in on the existing fans. Bands who are out there for their music tour to spread their music. Bands like Oasis are in it for the money (also their music is boring... also they lost their long war against Blur thanks for Gorillaz, and now Arctic Monkeys came out of nowhere and showed how brit-pop should be done).

P.S. most of roadrunner bands are atrocious. Opeth signed there recently, and they are amazing. That's 'bout only band I can think of.

J-Man 05-04-2006 01:50 PM

error

J-Man 05-04-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium

I completely disagree with you on .... well everything. Bands that made it did so for the love of music, their fans, and hours/weeks/months/years of hard work and dedication. Remember, they all started out with a dream. For some, their dreams came true and just because it happened for them doesn't mean that they are not true musicians, it's quite the opposite.

Lechium 05-04-2006 02:02 PM

Huuuuuuh?
I call bands on indie labels true indie bands... well because they are independant. Bands on major labels are not. That's it -- cold facts.
There are good and band bands on both sides of that fence, however.
What are you trying to say I do not understand...

StappsSaviour 05-18-2006 05:38 PM

i was upset about Scott cancelling too

i had flights and a ticket already bought...
then he cancelled

i was sooooooo upset...
then i was supposed to go c Disturbed...
but they were sold out and damn i was pissed off!!

spend hundreds of dollars to go to Auckland i get nothing out of it except for a disappointing holiday!!!

:(