CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Stapp problem. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5806)

crest tattoo 02-09-2004 03:36 PM

All right. I have to say something.

EVERYONE seems to blame Scott for the breakup. We all need to remember one thing: THERE ARE ALWAYS 2 SIDES to EVERY STORY!!!

I'm not saying Scott was innocent here, but I don't believe Mark didn't have any part in whatever happened. It takes two...

Also, please think of this situation this way: Have you ever been in a situation where you and another person were in an argument, and they were spreading rumors about you, and you decided to be the better person and just go on instead of saying anything.

There's way more to this whole thing than we know.

RMadd 02-09-2004 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEREZ1
no mate, people like me dont suck, people like me are realistic and dont follow stupid fantasies like little girls! So many people on this board go on about how gr8 Stapp is, when its blantantly obvious he cares for himself only. Its people like you who must annoy the hell out of Mark and Flip. I used to adore everything about creed, but i know hate Stapp. How come? How come he gets so much disrespect from his peers? Why are so many fans losing faith in him? STOP ROMANTACIZING PEOPLE AND GET REAL!!
How could i spread crap like this, hmm cuz its my opinion. I have become totally disillusioned with Stapp.:mad1:

Dude, you need to shut the hell up. I obviously don't agree with you, but I certainly don't fantasize about Scotty. He's mostly disrespected b/c Creed are a respectable band, not engaging in the stuff usually associated w/ rock artists. I mean, Fred Durst? Should we really care what he thinks about Stapp? Sure you can post your own opinions, but don't be an asshole about it.

benkenobi 02-09-2004 04:11 PM

I'm just trying to figure out what the problem is supposed to be. Mark is doing his band's album and Scott is doing his solo project. There's not really a problem.

multifast1 02-09-2004 04:36 PM

Hi all. First post to this site.. but not new at all to Creed fan sites or this site really. Lemme first say I've been a HUGE fan of Creed's music for a long time and still am. Even got to meet the band in person during a sound check near the end of their last tour (well, all except Stapp).

That said, I have to say I agree with much of what was said about Stapp in the first post. That is to say I have the same "impression" of him as a person. As a singer I think he's awesome, but from what I've seen (and yes heard) of him over the past few years.. I've got a very bad vibe about him.

Now, obviously Ferez1 shouldn't have resorted to name calling and all of the other things I think he was bated into.. (one of the first replies he got was "I think you should DYE" omg!!!).. I agree with much of what he is saying. As a fan I find this very troubling. In my opinion, much of Creed's negative perception out their is directly because of Stapp and his attitude. I have no doubt it also played a major role in the break-up too. Can't be certain but it's my impression.

I mean a bb is meant for sharing ideas and thoughts. When you ask someone to "prove" his ideas by writing an essay on everything that lead to this idea... c'mon. Ferez1 wrote somethings he's seems to regret but I think others have posted some just as offensive replies in my opinion without adding any value whatsoever.

Anyway, this has always been a great site for Creed info. I hope to post here when I can.

creedlvr 02-09-2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crest tattoo
All right. I have to say something.

EVERYONE seems to blame Scott for the breakup. We all need to remember one thing: THERE ARE ALWAYS 2 SIDES to EVERY STORY!!!

I'm not saying Scott was innocent here, but I don't believe Mark didn't have any part in whatever happened. It takes two...

Also, please think of this situation this way: Have you ever been in a situation where you and another person were in an argument, and they were spreading rumors about you, and you decided to be the better person and just go on instead of saying anything.

There's way more to this whole thing than we know.

AMEN to that!

In all fairness, we have really only heard from Mark's camp ... nothing from Scott's. The only somewhat reliable info we've gotten has come from Mark to some fans to message boards and from Mark's brother. Again ... (no offense to the Mark fans) ... but this is very possibly slightly biased information. I, for one, do not appreciate hearing ... "Scott got the boot" or "What Mark said was the most politically correct thing he could have said." Again ... all from Mark's side and Scott not there to defend himself.

Scott has said nothing to indicate a riff between him and the others ... nor do we have any of his family members or friends here to defend him.

Right now, I think the playing field is a bit uneven and I do believe that there is a lot more to all of this. I do not believe there is any one person to blame.

Another thing I'd like to say is that it really amazes me when I hear (or read) people saying that Mark has been held back with Creed. Held back??? Creed has made Mark and the others very, very rich people ... not to mention well known and the envy of a number of other bands (which is probably the reason for most of the negativity towards them). The success that Creed has had is truly remarkable and each and every one of them should be incredibly grateful. Held back ... I think not!

creedlvr 02-09-2004 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multifast1
Hi all. First post to this site.. but not new at all to Creed fan sites or this site really. Lemme first say I've been a HUGE fan of Creed's music for a long time and still am. Even got to meet the band in person during a sound check near the end of their last tour (well, all except Stapp).

That said, I have to say I agree with much of what was said about Stapp in the first post. That is to say I have the same "impression" of him as a person. As a singer I think he's awesome, but from what I've seen (and yes heard) of him over the past few years.. I've got a very bad vibe about him.

Now, obviously Ferez1 shouldn't have resorted to name calling and all of the other things I think he was bated into.. (one of the first replies he got was "I think you should DYE" omg!!!).. I agree with much of what he is saying. As a fan I find this very troubling. In my opinion, much of Creed's negative perception out their is directly because of Stapp and his attitude. I have no doubt it also played a major role in the break-up too. Can't be certain but it's my impression.

I mean a bb is meant for sharing ideas and thoughts. When you ask someone to "prove" his ideas by writing an essay on everything that lead to this idea... c'mon. Ferez1 wrote somethings he's seems to regret but I think others have posted some just as offensive replies in my opinion without adding any value whatsoever.

Anyway, this has always been a great site for Creed info. I hope to post here when I can.

Wow! I didn't realize so many people here knew Scott so well that they feel they are an authority on his personality.

You don't think other people here have posted anything that has added value? Well, I beg to differ. Others of us are simply trying to point out that the opinions of Scott and/or Mark are just that .... OPINIONS!!!! None of us know these guys personally. The things that have been said here are being put out there as if they are facts ... and they're not. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for some examples of why someone feels the way they do ... especially when they obviously feel so strongly. That person said they wanted to discuss it ... okay ... then discuss it! Don't just come here and give a completely one-sided opinion, call everyone names (like us "idiots" who like Stapp) and then not be ready to back up what you've said.

PaulMcCoygirl 02-09-2004 05:12 PM

I think we're getting new people because they just wanna trash Scott. Personally Ferez1, keep your opinions to yourself. If you really liked Creed, you wouldn't have comeon to trash him like that.

Dogstar 02-09-2004 05:26 PM

Quote:

In my opinion, much of Creed's negative perception out their is directly because of Stapp and his attitude. I have no doubt it also played a major role in the break-up too. Can't be certain but it's my impression.

You have no doubt, huh? Were you in the room when all these decisions were made? Please...Where were all you *fans* when there wasn't all this controversy or difference of opinion? I think Alisha's right. You're here to stir up trouble. And I'm sorry, but people shouldn't talk out of their asses without being able to back up their opinions. If you can't, then keep it to yourself.

RMadd 02-09-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
I'm just trying to figure out what the problem is supposed to be. Mark is doing his band's album and Scott is doing his solo project. There's not really a problem.

That's what I'm thinking. On Craig Kilborn, he said the he, Tremo, Flip, and Marshall committed to the band for 10 years... and it's been 10 years. He said they haven't broken up, but are taking time to explore other things.

Jooji_2 02-09-2004 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multifast1
In my opinion, much of Creed's negative perception out their is directly because of Stapp and his attitude. I have no doubt it also played a major role in the break-up too. Can't be certain but it's my impression.

Can you explain what you mean by attitude....what is it about his attitude that you have such a problem with?

Knowing what I know now.....it seems that some members wanted to do things that maybe pushed the envelope...and some maybe didn't want Creed to go in that direction.....so they are doing their own thing on their own for a while.....why does it have to be some dirty feud between members?

JenRN 02-09-2004 07:05 PM

It amazes me how immature and ridiculous people can be. You come on here FEREZ1 and "think" your opinion really matters. Well let me tell you it is old news. People like you have been on here before to trash and stir up crap, get a new hobby :rolleyes: Just what did you think you would do coming to a CREED website and trashing the lead singer? You knew EXACTELY what you were going to get and I think that is so lame. I can tell by your bad grammer you are not from the states, go find another website to complain to you are boring us.

creedlvr 02-09-2004 07:27 PM

and take Multifast1 with you!

Steve 02-09-2004 07:38 PM

First, if you want to start good discussions you may do so but present them in a positive mannor. If you want to flame the band or the members of the band, do so somewhere else.

This discussion has been brought up several times. Yes you are new to the board, but the problem is the regulars here have dealt with this so many times in the past it gets annoying to see. Bringing up the same topics floods up the message board. It gets annoying. Please try the search function of the board and find if a conversation similar to yours has already been started before. (Note: this is just a word of advice for you and everyone else too)

Now to adress your posts:

Quote:

1) Saying he wishs they could do as much as Pearl Jam have, then saying he could "kick Eddie Veddar's ass!"
Find the full transcript of the interview where he said this please and paste it here. I think the comment Stapp made was more or less a joke. Stapp, Creed, Eddie Vedder, and Pearl Jam are sick and tired of hearing these comments about both bands that both laugh and play it off now. They joke about it because it's been said so many times.

Quote:

2) Blantantly sacking Marshall because he wasn't afraid to say what he felt.(which obviously ain allowed on this message board)
We don't know the reason why Marshall was removed from the band - only speculation.

Quote:

3) Saying that Creed will end when HE feels they can't go any further.
Please show me the exact quote here... from my memory he said "WE" not "HE"

Quote:

4)He was kicked out of college for marijuana, not to mention aforementioned barroom brawls, being sued for being completely wasted in concert, etc.)
How does his college years and one fight in a bar make him arrogant? Please explain the logic there?

Quote:

5) He's being sued for his disgraceful Chicago performance, then has the GALL to defend himself! He can't even own up to his mistakes
So you wouldn't defend yourself in the same situation? It's human nature to defend yourself against acqusations.

Quote:

6) I feel it to be a giant slap in the face of any Christian to openly impersonate Jesus Christ.
Dogstar summed this point up already previously. No need for me to comment on this again.

Quote:

7) THE PUNCHING INCIDENT "Some local went up to Scott while he was dancing," says the witness, "and said, 'You should've stuck with Pearl Jam.' So Scott yelled back, 'You wanna disrespect me?' and starts screaming. And the other guy was like, 'You're not a superstar.'" Stapp then punched the other man in the face, giving him a bloody lip and black eye, before the crowd could break them up.
Again, how does this make him arrogant? Most people would probably do the same thing in the same position. Was this action he took the right one? Probably not, but he's only human.

Like others said, worship the music, not the musicians.

Dogstar 02-09-2004 07:40 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

FEREZ1 02-09-2004 07:42 PM

Ha.

Wat u on about, not from the states?! wat has that to do wiv anything? Just because i disagree wiv u don't mean that i'm borin u! I'm from England, u know, that little country that always has to clean up your stupid yankie mess!

JulieCitySlicker 02-09-2004 07:55 PM

Quote:

Wat u on about, not from the states?! wat has that to do wiv anything? Just because i disagree wiv u don't mean that i'm borin u! I'm from England, u know, that little country that always has to clean up your stupid yankie mess!

Um...Please :rolleyes: What the hell does that have to do with Creed or this board? Get a damn clue

FEREZ1 02-09-2004 08:00 PM

the end

You know, you guys should learn to not be so protective and accept other people's point of view. Do you see me tellin people to shut up, or to go and die! Very mature! My post was strong worded, only because i feel that strongly about the issue. Tellin me to die and so forth just cuz you disagree is a real sign of maturity you know!

JulieCitySlicker 02-09-2004 08:02 PM

Ya well, I think I hear some crumpets and tea calling , so get lost ;)

Dogstar 02-09-2004 08:03 PM

One overzealous person said to die, so get a grip. I'm not condoning that, but you invited this when you came in flaming the band with very little to back up what you perceive as fact. You brought this on yourself. No one's being *protective* of anything. We're simply asking that you back up what you say, and so far, you haven't. Your post was rude in addition to strong-worded. Strong-worded would be fine if you could back up what you said. But you didn't.

FEREZ1 02-09-2004 08:14 PM

wat?

I don't need facts to back it up! Its a bloody opinion! Thats what this is, a place to air your opinions!!!?? You dont agree? I don't say i have all the answers but i'm trying to make up for it and be polite, and all you morons keep insultin me.
I used to like creed, but then i discovered Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana etc... you know, REAL rock bands, not this watered down, manufactured rubbish you all listen to.
In fifty years time, when these bands are remembered for being the geniuses they are, i guarentee all you idiots will look back and say, "god, that guy was right! i used to listen to some right crap!"
You are probably all pre-pubescent kids who think creed are the shit!! A real rock fan knows that Creed are an embarrassment to the rock scene, and their insults are deserved. You want facts to back that up? Look at all the best albums lists. No creed mate! In fifty years time no one will remember them. They are just a fad, romanticized by naive youngsters who think Stapp is the next Robert Plant. Creed have no respect amongst their peers, because real musicians know who the phonies are! They laugh at them because they see them for the joke they are, and selling millions of records dont make you the bleedin Beatles, just ask Britney Spears.

creedsister 02-09-2004 08:14 PM

:mad1:
Quote:

You know, you guys should learn to not be so protective and accept other people's point of view. Do you see me tellin people to shut up, or to go and die! Very mature! My post was strong worded, only because i feel that strongly about the issue. Tellin me to die and so forth just cuz you disagree is a real sign of maturity you know!

TO HELL WITH YOUR POINT OF VIEW WERE IT CAME FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM REALLY NOT IN THE MOOD FOR THIS AND I ALWAYS GET THE LAST WORD SO EAT CRAP AND DYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! :mad1:

Bridge of Clay 02-09-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
:mad1: TO HELL WITH YOUR POINT OF VIEW WERE IT CAME FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM REALLY NOT IN THE MOOD FOR THIS AND I ALWAYS GET THE LAST WORD SO EAT CRAP AND DYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! :mad1:

Girl, chill out! Geez, you so over react when Stapp is the topic.

Let the guy speak his mind, it's not like his opinion will change yours.

Bridge of Clay 02-09-2004 08:24 PM

To Ferez1:

Ok, we know you don't like Stapp. But did he ever do something against you? At least meet the guy to make an opinion. No need to be so harsh on him and other people.

If you don't like him, fine. But stop caring/worrying about him.

WeatheredWoman 02-09-2004 08:28 PM

Oh man... just look at all the attention this Ferez-dude(tte) is gettin' :rolleyes:

:ignore: !!!!!!

Chris98GT 02-09-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMcCoygirl
I think we're getting new people because they just wanna trash Scott. Personally Ferez1, keep your opinions to yourself. If you really liked Creed, you wouldn't have comeon to trash him like that.

Yeah, when Scott screws up, you're supposed to glaze over his mistakes and just remember how awesome he REALLY is. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

JulieCitySlicker 02-09-2004 08:30 PM

Oh Cool! Look who's back :rolleyes:

Dogstar 02-09-2004 08:31 PM

Invisible Kid, no one is *glazing over* anything. Reread the original post and the queries and the responses before you go shooting off your mouth.

FEREZ1 02-09-2004 08:31 PM

Harsh? Should i be happy that everyone here has been hammering me for giving an opinion. If they don't agree they tell me to die or what have you! Let me ask you, if so many people displayed such a complete ignorance of your opinion, and insulted you just because you believe differently, would your posts be friendly? I said i was sorry for the way i came across, and they still insulted me, i'm merely sticking up for my opinion which just because it isn't popular doesnt make it less worthy of this message board.

creedsister 02-09-2004 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
Girl, chill out! Geez, you so over react when Stapp is the topic.

Let the guy speak his mind, it's not like his opinion will change yours.

ONE WORD PMS!!!!!!!!!! SO everybody got to die and morons like that really must die but i will shutup it only makes theme go on more!!!!! :ignore: :mad1:

creedsister 02-09-2004 08:34 PM

:ignore: :ignore: :ignore:
Quote:

Harsh? Should i be happy that everyone here has been hammering me for giving an opinion. If they don't agree they tell me to die or what have you! Let me ask you, if so many people displayed such a complete ignorance of your opinion, and insulted you just because you believe differently, would your posts be friendly? I said i was sorry for the way i came across, and they still insulted me, i'm merely sticking up for my opinion which just because it isn't popular doesnt make it less worthy of this message board.

Dogstar 02-09-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

Stop clouding the issue. Several people, myself included, have responded to what you posted as a backup to your opinion and you have yet to address that. You are zeroing in on ONE post. Stop avoiding the issue and answer the queries and responses that were directed at you. If you can't, then KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

Bridge of Clay 02-09-2004 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
ONE WORD PMS!!!!!!!!!! SO everybody got to die and morons like that really must die but i will shutup it only makes theme go on more!!!!! :ignore: :mad1:

see what I'm saying?

creedlvr 02-09-2004 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
Oh man... just look at all the attention this Ferez-dude(tte) is gettin' :rolleyes:

:ignore: !!!!!!

I know! That's why I said very early on that we all should have just ignored it. But that's so hard to do when you know someone is talking out of their ass! You just feel compelled to speak up! I said 2x I wouldn't be responding anymore ... and here I am again!

Bridge of Clay 02-09-2004 08:39 PM

Quote:

I know, I see your point. But the way you posted leads people to this kind of reaction. Perhaps if you had been easier with your words everybody would get your point and have a nice discussion. You knew you'd cause trouble posting like that, and I think that was totally unnecessary.

JulieCitySlicker 02-09-2004 08:39 PM

I agree Kerri :clap: :clap: :clap:

hotforscott 02-09-2004 08:40 PM

Quote:

There is a tactful way to voice your opinion, you showed your ignorance by attacking him, and then basically acting as if you are better or something, give me a break. There have been several people (NOT ALL, BUT SOME) who have come on this board, and we have heard loud and clear that they don't like Stapp, or Creed, or what have you, but they went about voicing their opinion the right way, and we agree to disagree. You are acting like a child, and therefore you are getting what you deserve. Voice your opinion with respect and get it in return........Shout off insults.............and you can expect the same right back at ya!

crest tattoo 02-09-2004 08:42 PM

Quote:

I'm from England, u know, that little country that always has to clean up your stupid yankie mess!

Is it just me, or does anyone else take a bit of offense to that?

And by the way, there isn't one of us on this board that will look back and call ourselves "idiots" for being Creed fans. Daaa. That's why we are here, and we all have bonded here. We've lost nothing, and we've gained ohhh soo much.

FEREZ1 02-09-2004 08:46 PM

my reason

MY insults have only come as a result of being unneccessarily attacked by those who disagree. I never said it was fact, i just gave an opinion. If i dont like stapp, i wont sit and say how much i love him. Your hostility to me right from the start was uncalled for. If you read my original post you will find no insults to fellow creed fans, just a short opinion from myself. Th response was hurtful, i meant no disrespect to anyone, i wanted your opinions on the STAPP ISSUE!! Responding with things like die, or get lost is not an opinion on the content of my post. You all took it personally and attacked me as a person because you thought i was an idiot. Re-read my first post again! Did it warrant the torrent of abuse that came my way?

JulieCitySlicker 02-09-2004 08:46 PM

Quote:

And by the way, there isn't one of us on this board that will look back and call ourselves "idiots" for being Creed fans. Daaa. That's why we are here, and we all have bonded here. We've lost nothing, and we've gained ohhh soo much.

Ya! Thats why I posted this ;)
(Quote) by JulieLovesCreed
Ya well, I think I hear some crumpets and tea calling , so get lost (Quote)

creedlvr 02-09-2004 08:47 PM

Quote:

yes ... I take great offense to it! But this person ... he, she... whatever it is ... wants us all to play nice due to an apology ... then makes a statement like this!