CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   If AB doesn't make a Video for "Find the real", it will be a mistake. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7961)

DekWannaBFlea 11-18-2004 03:32 AM

If AB doesn't make a Video for "Find the real", it will be a mistake.

IMO, if Alter bridge doesn't make a video for companies like VH1 and yahoo to play it will hurt the success. I realize that the radio powers what people listen to but just think if a cool video is made. The popularity of AB would increase soooo much. So IMO it is a bad move.

jammy123 11-18-2004 04:14 AM

yeah man.....not making a video will definately hamper their success.....

Trimontana 11-18-2004 04:47 AM

I think it won't video for FTR for sure but i thik this is Wind-Up fault. One of the reasons why it won't video is cus of the $$$$$$ of the video. If Wind-Up doesn't worry about AB who's going to be. I am sure they don't have the record company support that they deserve. And a live video it won't be expensive at all. My heart brokes everytime i read a concert review and check that the only person supporting the guys 24/7 is Michael: he records the gigs and make the guys promotion. I mean we care about them and if there isn't video for that single - or maybe no more videos- i will keeping supporting them. But it will be a huge mistake cus i think radio stations don't have power anymore. The most of the people i know doesn't listen to the radio - i don't- so the problem with that is the future sales of the album and catch some more fans into AB. I don't know how easy it broke up a record company contract, but if i was the guys i will try to get a deal with another record company. I am sure loats of them will be more supporting than Wind-Up.

RMadd 11-18-2004 06:42 AM

maybe we all should get together and petition wind-up to finally not suck!

Trimontana 11-18-2004 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
maybe we all should get together and petition wind-up to finally not suck!

I am with you!!!

Bridge of Clay 11-18-2004 10:22 AM

I know they shot FTR at Kimmel too. They could at least release this one, but I dunno the issues it might bring, since it's a third part show.

The Lithium 11-18-2004 11:39 AM

I can't see a reason why not to shoot a video.

Trimontana 11-18-2004 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
I can't see a reason why not to shoot a video.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Maybe isn't enough reason for us...but for a lot of them is it. Shame on them!!! Bastards :mad1:

Higher_Desire 11-18-2004 01:58 PM

I don't think they'd be stupid enough to not make a video. Just look at all the stuff that they (and largely by that I mean Creed) wanted to do, but Wind-Up found a problem with?

Alter Bridge: Smart enough to make a video
Wind-Up: To stupid to promote their artists

H-D :pimp:

RMadd 11-18-2004 03:10 PM

maybe i'm just missing something here, but what's so special about FTR that they just absolutely need to make a video for it? i'm not saying it shouldn't be done, but i feel as though i'm not quite seeing all y'all's exact pov's here.

Agent D 11-18-2004 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
maybe i'm just missing something here, but what's so special about FTR that they just absolutely need to make a video for it? i'm not saying it shouldn't be done, but i feel as though i'm not quite seeing all y'all's exact pov's here.

Because they need a video so they can promote themselves and get out on the charts and so there's at least one decent video on VH1's countdown.

Torn Daredevil 11-18-2004 04:53 PM

Now that I've put some thought into it, there's no real reason for them do a video for FTR. VH1 isn't gonna play that hard of a song very often anyway; they're mostly top 20 material (Broken Wings anybody???). I may be mistaken, but did the video for "What If" ever get much play? FTR is a great song to be a hit on rock radio stations and get rock fans interested, but not much else. And who knows, maybe they're gonna hold off and put 2x the money and energy into the video for the third single. I'd be fine with that. The only real reason for them to do a video for FTR is to make the hardcore fans (us) happy, but I don't think that's reason enough. It is a business after all.

Xterminator27 11-18-2004 05:01 PM

The video for What IF was #1 on Muchmusic countdown for 3 weeks in a row

Muchmusic sucks now, but thats probly because most new music sucks now

RMadd 11-18-2004 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
Muchmusic sucks now, but thats probly because most new music sucks now

yep yep

DekWannaBFlea 11-18-2004 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
Now that I've put some thought into it, there's no real reason for them do a video for FTR. VH1 isn't gonna play that hard of a song very often anyway; they're mostly top 20 material (Broken Wings anybody???). I may be mistaken, but did the video for "What If" ever get much play? FTR is a great song to be a hit on rock radio stations and get rock fans interested, but not much else. And who knows, maybe they're gonna hold off and put 2x the money and energy into the video for the third single. I'd be fine with that. The only real reason for them to do a video for FTR is to make the hardcore fans (us) happy, but I don't think that's reason enough. It is a business after all.

You are missing a couple points.......

1. You forget stations like Fuse who play videos all of the time. People will begin to like it more and more. Velvert revolver's slither wasn't a "popy" song yet it was very very popular among a lot of people. Think about the older people too, they will love AB's Find the real because it has that 70's rock feel to it.

2. A video doesn't cost that much to do.....If Wind up won't pay for it then why can't the band?

3. Even if it isn't popular, why not just do it for the "harcore" fans? It would be worth the money.