CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alter Bridge bringing back the solo! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6697)

aussiecreeder 05-27-2004 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Amen, I'm for some good straight-up rock 'n' roll after having to endure all the punk-wannabe crap out there :D.

i'm with ya sistah! :D and enough with the nu-metal and hip-hop as well......

Dogstar 05-27-2004 03:21 AM

Yeah!

TeriB19 05-27-2004 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
I'm just telling people to lay off others or you'll have fewer people on the BB than you already do.

Be cool. I'm out.

And that would be just fine with us. This bb has always been a great bunch of fans with a little bickering to spice it up. If you don't want to stay, that's one less person spouting generalizations and insults for us to listen to. Bye.

Bridge of Clay 05-27-2004 10:19 PM

yada yada yada...

Torn Daredevil 05-27-2004 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
And that would be just fine with us. This bb has always been a great bunch of fans with a little bickering to spice it up. If you don't want to stay, that's one less person spouting generalizations and insults for us to listen to. Bye.

Ummmm...OK. I was complaining about others insulting me. I haven't insulted anyone. I made a comment about Stapp that several of you didn't like. I was pointing out that lots of you are so eager to attack and are rather vicious. Bye.

fodder77 05-28-2004 11:33 AM

This post isn't meant to make fun of anyone or anybody's talents or anything along those lines. At the start of this thread people were talking about Mark soloing and shredding and his playing, and how AWESOME!! it is. Which I wholeheartdly agree with you, Mark is one of my fav guitarists of all time. However, I do not think that AB will bring back the guitar solo, the band that is doing that now is The Darkness, just mentioning that. I'm a big Creed fan and they are my fav and will always be my fav. And like I said, there is nothing wrong with Mark soloing and shredding and writing kick ass songs, because I think he's an awesome guitarist and can hold his own with anyone probably or more than likely. I agree with eveyone else as well about the stupid pop-punk thing and nu-metal and such, we need basic rock back, true rock that is American, as The Darkness have said, "Rock & Roll doesn't come anywere else but from America." But I personally think that the bad that is brining back guitar solos is The Darkness, when you have a song with 3 guitar solos before the offical outro of the song, that's something.

Dogstar 05-28-2004 01:20 PM

I wish I could get past that guy's voice. I listened to some of The Darkness songs at Tower Records a while back, and while the music was decent, that guy's voice just drove me insane. We haven't heard AB, so we really can't say what they will do guitar-wise. Myles plays as well, so maybe there will be a lot of soloing. I sure hope so :D.

aussiecreeder 05-28-2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

I wish I could get past that guy's voice. I listened to some of The Darkness songs at Tower Records a while back, and while the music was decent, that guy's voice just drove me insane. We haven't heard AB, so we really can't say what they will do guitar-wise. Myles plays as well, so maybe there will be a lot of soloing. I sure hope so :D.

i agree with you, alot of their music is not bad but hawkin's vocals are annoying as hell. their music too is "cheese metal" much like the 80's hair bands. what bands like Alter Bridge will do hopefully is make it something very popular AND respected. Live it should even better as you have said with Myles! :)

Dogstar 05-28-2004 01:31 PM

Yeah, I don't think it's all that original, which is another reason I couldn't really get into it. They are trying to go retro...I mean, even the catsuits and stuff Justin dresses up in...Ick. :D

aussiecreeder 05-28-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I don't think it's all that original, which is another reason I couldn't really get into it. They are trying to go retro...I mean, even the catsuits and stuff Justin dresses up in...Ick. :D

hehe yes they are very derivative. some of these groups are ripping off ac/dc, the darkness are going for the hair band sound. they are funny but its impossible to take them seriously.

Bridge of Clay 05-28-2004 07:35 PM

Sorry, but that's their intention. They don't want to be taken seriously. (about The Darkness)

Dogstar 05-28-2004 07:37 PM

Heh, they want to be taken seriously enough to make money at it :D.

aussiecreeder 05-28-2004 08:21 PM

lol yes i am aware they are meant to be light entertainment. how great is it in one of their video clips where the guitar flys into justin's arms and he plays a ripping solo? hilarious....... :)

that falsetto though??? :eek: