CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alter Bridge bringing back the solo! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6697)

aussiecreeder 05-26-2004 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneOmerta
**passes out** JK ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing Tremo's work too :cool: And looking forward to Stapps as well. I think it will be exciting to hear the differences in both their efforts.

exactly i'm 100% behind both efforts and can't wait to see where Tremo and Stapp have gone with their respective songwriting talents. Hellboy enough with bashing other bands in this case Pearl Jam.

You list three bands as your favs for this year;

Audioslave-do you know Chris Cornell is very close to the PJ and was in a band with them Temple of the Dog?

the other two have in the past being compared to Pearl Jam and we won't argue that point again hopefully.

anyhow don't sabotage my thread of greatness! :D

all hail the return of the guitar solo!

thanks ben......

RockGoddess 05-26-2004 10:33 AM

I've only heard one song by Temple of the Dog. I don't even remember what it was, but I remember I liked it. lol

DangerousDan85 05-26-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
And you all know Stapp's solo CD is gonna completely suck.

yep, we are all psychics here like Miss Cleo

TeriB19 05-26-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Nevermind. And you all know Stapp's solo CD is gonna completely suck.
You don't know anything of the sort. It may suck in your opinion, but don't tell the rest of the board what we all know.

Quote:

. I am an 18 year old guy who has been a Creed fan longer than most people here and these kind of people piss me off.

And don't come to this message board and tell people you've been a fan longer than anyone here. We've got members here who've been fans and followed the band since their early days in Tallahassee, so stop shooting off your mouth. You were 8 when the band first started and I highly doubt you could get into Floyd's to hear them play back then. If you continue to shoot your mouth off in this disrespectful manner, you're time here will be quite short.

RockGoddess 05-26-2004 10:50 AM

Quote:

and I highly doubt you could get into Floyd's to hear them play back then

O.k., that was funny!

WeatheredWoman 05-26-2004 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
You were 8 when the band first started and I highly doubt you could get into Floyd's to hear them play back then

:roll:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
If you continue to shoot your mouth off in this disrespectful manner, you're time here will be quite short.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

aussiecreeder 05-26-2004 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockGoddess
I've only heard one song by Temple of the Dog. I don't even remember what it was, but I remember I liked it. lol

everyone should really own Temple of the Dog's one and only album. Members of the band were/are

Chris Cornell-Vocals (Main Songwriter)
Stone Gossard-Guitar
Mike McCready-Guitar
Jeff Ament-Bass
Matt Cameron (Soundgarden now PJ)-Drums

Eddie harmonised on some songs and was co-vocalist on "Hunger Strike" which is probably the song you have heard. Whole concept was to remember Andy Wood who was the lead singer of Mother Love Bone a pre-PJ outfit who were cut down just as they were getting somewhere. talking about guitar solos McCready goes nuts on one song "Reach Down".

Anyhow back O/T how much harmonsing does Mark do in this song?

RockGoddess 05-26-2004 11:02 AM

Yeah, I knew the band had been formed to honor someone who had died. And I believe it was a critically acclaimed cd. I really should look into getting it.

Anyway, back to guitar solos. Listening to Mark shred is nothing short of orgasmic.

RockGoddess 05-26-2004 11:04 AM

Which, the first single? He does some and his voice and Myles' seem better suited to each other. The harmonies are just awesome.

ETA: my comment is in no way a jab at Stapp. Its just that from what I've heard, I personally like Mark's voice better with Myles'. It's simply my own opinion and please take it as such.

aussiecreeder 05-26-2004 11:12 AM

Quote:

Which, the first single? He does some and his voice and Myles' seem better suited to each other. The harmonies are just awesome.

ETA: my comment is in no way jab at Stapp. Its ust that from what I've heard, I personally like Mark's voice better with Myles'. It's simply my own opinion and please take it as such.

nothing short of orgasmic hey? ummm i am filled with exictement! :D

its cool i didn't take it as a jab at Stapp but perhaps a wise move to make that clear. Without hearing them together it makes sense that their voices would be better suited to eachother. Mark's voice is quite deep and Myles with that tenor probably gives a good contrast. Has his voice improved any great amount? Is it obvious he has worked on his voice? Were you one of those who got to hear the demos?

RockGoddess 05-26-2004 11:50 AM

I was invited to a rehearsal, and man you ask a lot of questions! LOL

Look, I'm not a musician and I'm not a critic. And I'm sure others are sick and tired of hearing from me. LOL There really isn't much more I can add. You will hear it soon enough and it will be well worth the wait.

aussiecreeder 05-26-2004 12:24 PM

Quote:

I was invited to a rehearsal, and man you ask a lot of questions! LOL

Look, I'm not a musician and I'm not a critic. And I'm sure others are sick and tired of hearing from me. LOL There really isn't much more I can add. You will hear it soon enough and it will be well worth the wait.

okay got the picture clearly! :)

*zips ups lips so i can't ask anymore questions*

Jooji_2 05-26-2004 01:24 PM

Quote:

Nevermind. And you all know Stapp's solo CD is gonna completely suck.

I don't know crap.....I haven't heard any of the new stuff.....and neither have you.

Is this another of those....."you wouldn't know good music if it slapped you in the face" people? I can't stand music snobs.

Torn Daredevil 05-26-2004 05:08 PM

I'm not gonna even try to defend myself. You all are really quick to attack others on this board and don't let anyone state their opinion. I was basically saying that most solo attempts bomb, even if they are somewhat talented musicians (Weiland and Cornell anybody?), and Stapp's will most likely be no different.

And by the way, my local radio station was the first to play Creed outside of Tallahassee (Creed has said this at their concerts, and yeah, some of you know where this is) so other than the people in Florida, I've been listening to them a long time.

Dammit

"Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly,
They go to a lake of fire and fry,
Won't see 'em again 'til the Fourth of July."

Lake of Fire by the Meat Puppets and Nirvana (One of the greatest bands ever)

TeriB19 05-26-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

I was basically saying that most solo attempts bomb, even if they are somewhat talented musicians (Weiland and Cornell anybody?), and Stapp's will most likely be no different.

No, what you said was NOT that most solo attempts bomb. What you said was that 'We all know Stapp's solo CD will completely suck'. Don't post what we think you mean or you'll be in for a ration of crap. Don't backpedal now.

Quote:

And by the way, my local radio station was the first to play Creed outside of Tallahassee (Creed has said this at their concerts, and yeah, some of you know where this is) so other than the people in Florida, I've been listening to them a long time.

This may be so, but it still doesn't mean you've been a fan longer than anyone here. Stop being such a jerk and maybe you wouldn't be flamed.

What is up with the posters today???? Is it National Post a Bunch of Crap Day? Did I not get the memo???? :wtf: