CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Music & Critics (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6568)

Bridge of Clay 05-11-2004 08:10 PM

Music & Critics

So, considering Myles has a lot of fans within the music industry, do you think Alterbridge will get bad reviews from critics and people in general?

Although it's always good to feel you're in the opposite way knowing you're right, I hope they don't, coz it isn't nice - obviously.

Anyway, I was wondering what they could say...

"Hey, have you heard Alterbridge? Their singer is such a rip off from Mayfield Four vocalist..." :lol:

"That guy playing guitar with his foot on the monitor... I bet he's trying to copycat that Creed player" :rolleyes:

Blah blah blah...

Trees of Wisdom 05-11-2004 08:45 PM

It'd be amazing for the fans of Alterbridge to find out that three-fourths of the the members of the band are from Creed.

Here's a relevant analogy: You like a girl, but then a female friend of yours tells you that that she really is a he. :eek:

Bridge of Clay 05-11-2004 08:58 PM

actually it's a disgusting analogy! LOL!

14Fuel 05-11-2004 09:27 PM

Ummmmm Trees of Wisdom - Did this happen to you? :yikes2: And yeah it would be pretty cool for the people who just come on to be fans of AB and find out about the Creed connection. I was talking to this guy who was saying he was a Myles fan but never really liked Creed. So I was thinking, "Hmmmmm will he like Alter Bridge then????"

-Sherri

Dogstar 05-11-2004 11:02 PM

I would hope they would have open minds. There will be the inevitable comparisons to Creed and the Mayfield Four, though, I'm sure. Most of the critics had issues with Scott S. and gave grudging approval to Mark, so we shall see.

DangerousDan85 05-11-2004 11:25 PM

only time will tell

creedsister 05-12-2004 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85
only time will tell

thats about the best opion ive heared

altered 05-12-2004 01:42 AM

critics

I dont think the critics were down on Mark or the music, they gave Scott a hard time usually. I am sure you will get critics saying Myles sounds like this guy or that but his vocal range has always impressed critics.Who cares what the critics say as long as the fans like it~

14Fuel 05-12-2004 02:15 AM

:jam: "Who cares what the critics say as long as the fans like it~"

I second that Altered!

-Sherri

aussiecreeder 05-12-2004 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14Fuel
:jam: "Who cares what the critics say as long as the fans like it~"

I second that Altered!

-Sherri

while the critics don't matter, after a fair amount of negative press it does get to you after a while. i hope alter bridge is loved and respected by fans, general music fans and the critics alike.

Creed_Defaultgirl 05-12-2004 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altered
I dont think the critics were down on Mark or the music, they gave Scott a hard time usually. I am sure you will get critics saying Myles sounds like this guy or that but his vocal range has always impressed critics.Who cares what the critics say as long as the fans like it~

Yeah, but just the way some stupid people are, I figure that once they find out that 3 of the members are from Creed, they'll despise them just as much. Now, like someone said, if they have open minds, then it will be better. But, I can think of quite a few people who won't like them because of Creed. They are idiots though!

RMadd 05-12-2004 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl
Yeah, but just the way some stupid people are, I figure that once they find out that 3 of the members are from Creed, they'll despise them just as much. Now, like someone said, if they have open minds, then it will be better. But, I can think of quite a few people who won't like them because of Creed. They are idiots though!

i was the same way w/ audioslave... never was a big fan of rage b/c zach (sp?), to me, is a tree-hugging liberal pussy, and that stuff annoys the hell out of me, especially when it comes to music.... but i think audioslave is some pretty sweet shit

Trees of Wisdom 05-12-2004 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
i was the same way w/ audioslave... never was a big fan of rage b/c zach (sp?), to me, is a tree-hugging liberal pussy, and that stuff annoys the hell out of me, especially when it comes to music.... but i think audioslave is some pretty sweet shit

I second that dude. I used to hate Rage Against the Machine.

"Renegades of funk"?!

Yeah, the leadsinger was one annoying leftist pussy. It's funny because I liked the guitar in one of their songs, but the rapping came in and it really spoiled the whole song for me.

altered 05-12-2004 07:43 PM

Guitar

There is some great guitar on the Rage cds, There is no comparing Chris to Zk, Chris actually sings and does it extremely well.

Dogstar 05-12-2004 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan

Yeah, God forbid anybody express his or her views, leftist or otherwise, through music (insert tree-hugging sarcasm here). We should all be of one right-wing mind, right? Suppress all those who don't share your opinion. :rolleyes: Why must you always insult people who don't share your views?
And RAGE was awesome.