CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Big Seattle bands which one is/was the best? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6137)

aussiecreeder 03-21-2004 09:27 AM

Big Seattle bands which one is/was the best?

Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Stone Temple Pilots (not from Seattle but grouped in this scene)

JenRN 03-21-2004 09:44 AM

Not really into the "Seattle era" but I would have to say Soundgarden was my favorite by far!

Steve 03-21-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Stone Temple Pilots (not from Seattle but grouped in this scene)

Nirvana probably had the most influence in music at the time. Out of that list my favorite is probably Alice in Chains.

Trees of Wisdom 03-21-2004 02:30 PM

Pearl Jam is a great band and I love their song "Alive".

RMadd 03-21-2004 10:16 PM

Out of those listed, I would have to say, in ranked order:
1. STP
2. Nirvana
3. Soundgarden
4. AIC
5. PJ

Dogstar 03-22-2004 02:05 AM

Alice In Chains is my favorite. It's hard to say which was the best, though, because they really all had quite different sounds.

My ranking, first to last:
Alice In Chains
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Nirvana
STP

facelessman 03-22-2004 02:29 AM

alice in chains is f-ing awesome

Lechium 03-22-2004 02:29 AM

PJ
AiC
SG
N (good but so fucking overrated)

creedsister 03-22-2004 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessman
alice in chains is f-ing awesome

ALICE IN CHAINS Was the best to come from seattle,

aussiecreeder 03-22-2004 03:29 AM

PJ is obviously my favourite and I would list them in this order:

1.Pearl Jam
2.Soundgarden
3.Alice in Chains
4.Stone Temple Pilots
5.Nirvana

there were bands such as Mudhoney, Green River (members of Pearl Jam and Mudhoney) and Sonic Youth that are more like the "grunge" sound but these were the five big bands of the era not including bands such as Jane's Addiction. Pearl Jam is insanely talented the drummer can sing as can the rhythm guitarist and three guys who can play guitar including two who play lead although most of that falls to Mike McCready. Eddie could easily take Stone's place playing rhythm and all members contribute to songwriting.

Soundgarden were fantastic any band with Chris Cornell and Kim Thayil and Matt Cameron (now drumming for PJ) has to be great. AIC had those fantastic harmonies between Layne and Jerry and songs about addiction and depression that touched your soul.

WeatheredWoman 03-22-2004 10:14 AM

ALICE IN CHAINS ofcourse!!!!! No doubt about that... I've never really loved Nirvana...

My list:

1- AIC
2- Soundgarden
3- STP
4- PJ
5- Nirvana

luvscott4ever 03-22-2004 02:46 PM

I would go this way:

Alice In Chains
STP
Soundgarden
Nirvana

I myself, don't care for Pearl Jam...There is one song I can handle, other than that, I don't listen to them.

Higher_Desire 03-22-2004 04:59 PM

Personally, I LOVE all Seattle Bands. Of course, I live about 3 hours from Seattle. And there's way more than the few you listed.

Also, I think of Nirvana as a Grays Harbor band. :D That's the county where Kurt and Krist are from, as well as ME. We live in the same towns (Aberdeen and Montesano). I also personally KNOW Kurt's uncle Donald and his mom. Me and Kurt grew up on the same stomping grounds and hung out in the same areas. Not at the same time, of course.

H-D :moon:

RMadd 03-23-2004 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I also personally KNOW Kurt's uncle Donald and his mom. Me and Kurt grew up on the same stomping grounds and hung out in the same areas.

that's badass!

SmilinSkullRing 03-23-2004 04:29 AM

Pearl Jam is my favorite.

In order of favorite to least fave:

Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Stone Temple Pilots

It gets really close with AIC and Nirvana. I'm getting more into Soundgarden everyday, but I don't see them ever stepping above AIC, Nirvana, or PJ for sure.