CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Political Banter (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   "Americans kill dozens of prisoners" (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10549)

RalphyS 02-22-2006 05:32 AM

"Americans kill dozens of prisoners"

As Chase is such a firm believer in human rights (see his post in the WMD-thread), I didn't want him to mis this news from a human rights organisation.

London - Almost 100 people that have been taken in American captivity in Iraq and Afghanistan have died during that process. In at least 34 cases it was either homicide or manslaughter, stated the American organisation Human Rights First last tuesday, on the eve of the publication of a report which goes into detail about this.

In the report 34 cases of "intentional or reckless behaviour" are being mentioned, which have led to the death of an inmate. Between 8 to 12 people are believed to be tortured to death. Human Rights First further mentions 11 suspect deaths, as was being said in tuesday night's BBC-programm Newsnight.

One persoon was supposed to be coerced to jump of a bridge over the Tigris, another was propped into a sleeping bag and suffocated. The study by the organisation used investigation reports of the army and American government documents. "We are convinced of the level of truth and the reliability of the facts", according to the writerof the report, Deborah Pearlstein.

RalphyS 02-22-2006 11:00 AM

Re: "Americans kill dozens of prisoners"

I'm going on vacation to Sweden for a week, so I won't be able to answer before next week wednesday.

RoffeDH 02-22-2006 02:06 PM

Ralphys! Were in sweden are you going? :D I live here... Not the best of times to visit us thuogh...

Well... This is old news that you're comming with, I thought it was pretty clear america did this...

Ana4Stapp 02-24-2006 01:06 PM

-
Quote:

Almost 100 people that have been taken in American captivity in Iraq and Afghanistan have died during that process...

Roffe is right ...it is an old news -- lately we ve been hearing this kind of (bad!) news and not only from Americans army but for instance also from Britain soldiers...I think everybody knows about that video showing soldiers spanking some iraq guys...

And even though its a liitle bit 'old' --its good to see this kind of thing being noticed by the common people by tv and web...because its getting very hard in these days to try to keep this violence out of the public's eyes...:rolleyes:

Chase 02-24-2006 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
-

Roffe is right ...it is an old news -- lately we ve been hearing this kind of (bad!) news and not only from Americans army but for instance also from Britain soldiers...I think everybody knows about that video showing soldiers spanking some iraq guys...

And even though its a liitle bit 'old' --its good to see this kind of thing being noticed by the common people by tv and web...because its getting very hard in these days to try to keep this violence out of the public's eyes...:rolleyes:

You think this is hard for the public to see? Try getting the media to show the good that's going on in Afghanistan and Iraq... that's near impossible.

Ana4Stapp 02-25-2006 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
You think this is hard for the public to see? Try getting the media to show the good that's going on in Afghanistan and Iraq... that's near impossible.

Well...everyone's expect the good things from the militaries in these places...wasnt the initial idea?? Their mission? I mean... invading Afghanistan and Iraq to get rid of the dictatorship/authoritarism/all kind of abuses from their goverments, and in return to promote the peace/ assistance/better conditions to lead people to democracy?????

So people are expecting the goods as a 'normal' thing...not the opposite: spaking/abuses/humiliations imposedby the militaries.

But now you have your chance: whats the good in Afghanistan and Iraq?? Just curious...

bilal 02-25-2006 04:23 AM

recent massacre and violence in iraq after the bombing of the sacred shiate tomb is probably one of the worst man kind may have seen in recent times...........may afghanistan has some instances like the killing at tora bora mountians when daisy cutters were dropped on villages..............i mean recently in iraq more then 200 people in died in 3 days....most were ambushed while dayer hands were tied.............this is serious insainity goin on........mixed wid confusion and anger........every body seems to be kiliin others...........not knowin who is creatin the violence.......and ofcourse ........in civil war situations............casuallities caused by military mishaps also tends to increase..........damn............ this killing of innocent human beings all over the world............ i wish i cud do something for the peace..............

may be i shud sing this song and turn my back to the news

affirmative may be justifeid
take from one...give to another

the goal is to be unified....
take my hand be my brother

i fell angry ...i feel helpless
want to chage the world

ifeel volantile ....i feell alone
dont try to stop me no!!

(wow....dat was seroius stuff man..................)

facelessmike 02-25-2006 05:52 AM

Quote:

It is nearly impossible unless you speak to a returning soldier or someone who has family over there. So much positive goes unnoticed. But, that is the nature of the newsmedia - to accentuate the negative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
dont try to stop me no!!

I also feel volantile :confused:

bilal 02-25-2006 09:40 AM

but its very hard for me to except that war is actually a sloution to something........................ i mean....it failed in Afgahnistan............... and it has misreabllly gone bad in iraq.............. i dont see peaace any where...........and all i remember is poor peolple inculuding solideris too dat have died.............. i mean whats the sin of the soldiers dat have nothing to do and are sent to do a mission.............its just a political game.............. and soldiers are dispensible items...........and the local people dont mean a shit............... cause no body gonna question you..........atleast that is what i feel.................. dayer is no use for war.................WAR IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE A COUNTRY CAN EVER MAKE!!!!!!!

Chase 02-25-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

but its very hard for me to except that war is actually a sloution to something........................ i mean....it failed in Afgahnistan............... and it has misreabllly gone bad in iraq.............. i dont see peaace any where...........and all i remember is poor peolple inculuding solideris too dat have died.............. i mean whats the sin of the soldiers dat have nothing to do and are sent to do a mission.............its just a political game.............. and soldiers are dispensible items...........and the local people dont mean a shit............... cause no body gonna question you..........atleast that is what i feel.................. dayer is no use for war.................WAR IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE A COUNTRY CAN EVER MAKE!!!!!!!

It failed in Afghanistan? How did it fail in Afghanistan? The Taliban was dismantled... and Al Qaeda was evacuated from that former terrorist safe haven. Recently, Osama bin Ladan stated that he was frustrated with the insurgents in Afghanistan because he felt that they had given up. In Iraq... the "Butcher of Baghdad" no longer has anyone to mass murder and Iraqis are now able to have a say in the way their country is governed. "Political game?" You want to get into politics? I don't think so... seeing as your from a military dictatorship who refuses to be hospitable to India.

Pakistan is an ally in the War on Terror... but for you to blame the U.S. for Islamic extremism is absurd. The U.S. isn't responsible for people who execute innocent humanitarian aide workers while chanting "Allah Akbar." Islamic extremists have declared war on all non-Muslims... that is why we are in the mess in the first place.

Chase 02-25-2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

recent massacre and violence in iraq after the bombing of the sacred shiate tomb is probably one of the worst man kind may have seen in recent times...........may afghanistan has some instances like the killing at tora bora mountians when daisy cutters were dropped on villages..............i mean recently in iraq more then 200 people in died in 3 days....most were ambushed while dayer hands were tied.............this is serious insainity goin on........mixed wid confusion and anger........every body seems to be kiliin others...........not knowin who is creatin the violence.......and ofcourse ........in civil war situations............casuallities caused by military mishaps also tends to increase..........damn............ this killing of innocent human beings all over the world............ i wish i cud do something for the peace..............

may be i shud sing this song and turn my back to the news

affirmative may be justifeid
take from one...give to another

the goal is to be unified....
take my hand be my brother

i fell angry ...i feel helpless
want to chage the world

dont try to stop me no!!

(wow....dat was seroius stuff man..................)

Terrorists are targeting innocent men, women, and children. You could start advocating peace by urging moderate Muslims to actually protest these disgusting acts for once. Start telling people that Israel has a right to exist. That anti-Semiticism will only escalate violence. That fighting over the Kashmir region is pointless. Start telling people that Americans, Europeans, and the rest of the Western world are entitled to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." That they are entitled to free speech and to a free press. To me, a satirical cartoon of Muhammed is no where near as bad as cold blooded murder.

bilal 02-25-2006 06:33 PM

Quote:

It failed in Afghanistan? How did it fail in Afghanistan? The Taliban was dismantled... and Al Qaeda was evacuated from that former terrorist safe haven. Recently, Osama bin Ladan stated that he was frustrated with the insurgents in Afghanistan because he felt that they had given up. In Iraq... the "Butcher of Baghdad" no longer has anyone to mass murder and Iraqis are now able to have a say in the way their country is governed. "Political game?" You want to get into politics? I don't think so... seeing as your from a military dictatorship who refuses to be hospitable to India.

Pakistan is an ally in the War on Terror... but for you to blame the U.S. for Islamic extremism is absurd. The U.S. isn't responsible for people who execute innocent humanitarian aide workers while chanting "Allah Akbar." Islamic extremists have declared war on all non-Muslims... that is why we are in the mess in the first place.

hey Chase.... u sound bitter....may be u have every right to be so.....may b because u think people over the globe dont understand the noble cause ur army is servin in dayer country....may be.........i have my own perspective.... but kindly try to understand my point of view too........i said war failled in Afgahnistan.....why??......for me.....war failled on the very first day when one innocent man was killed by American bomb..........u might say its the price a country has to pay....u might also say that many would have been killed if u werent doin what u actually did??............if dat was the justification for the killing....then it was all wrong........secoundly..... when the war was begining.....u might have seen Taliban forces geetin all geared up, bazookaz adn AK47 all around.....those poor chaps were thinkin dey would actually have a duel.....what happpend???...bombs fell......and Chase buddy....when a bomb explodes....its doesnt care what comes in its way......THousands and thousands of people died because of US bombs.....REd cross workers...women and kids.......villages wiped out....i saw in my country the insurgens of fleein people from aFghanistan...... i hope u havent forgotten dat terrible massacre of 300 prisoners in one day when i believe some of them took over certain amunition and tried to escape....and end result was a massacre of 300 mens.....on new years eve when ur time square was celebrating life....a village was bombed adn 100 civillians died( i particullary remeber dat cause of the new years eve) ...a war is a dirty dirty bussines man....u cant blame the solders too...its just one dirty pit and u say ur hands are clean......think again

WHat little ground fight was done was latter on done with the help of notheren Alliance in afghanistan....the Shia groupp dat was against Taliban........here ill say...and u may disagreee....dat US army wasnt trained to fight in mountains and dey needed trained peopel......so ur aRmy hired those killers and no lessmurdures then taliban....to help them.......

Talibans were extremist.....why nothres aliiiance guys hated Taliban....cause Talibans have killed a lot of dayer guys Just because they were shia muslims and not hte main streem muslims......THats sad......why i think Talibans were justified in some places was that......when US left afghanistan in the 80z........with no government ...(when it was most needed).....and loads of ammunition all around....if Taliban force hadnt taken control and formed a governement of sorts........the civil war wuldnt happend......OFCOURCE dayer are other factors too...i am not just blamin US but hey.......i hate war......and i hate zombie kinda soldiers.......

I dont understand why tAliban were targetted in the first place...... they had Osama...........may be......is OSama really responsible for the horrible 9/11 tragedy.... i cant seem to believe that couple of guys trained in AFghanistan can manuver boings in to buidldings....but lets just not take up dat argument ....let just say Osama is responsible......den what.......i believe a noble thing wud have been if US forces first located OSama and Then landed in the ground and wiped out taliban and taken OSama......but what happened .......in the end Ur forces were searchin for any thing to bomb.....AFghanistan is same as before..........nothing has changed............Know people have a governemt and dats good........previously dayer was no way a government could have been formed....so dont blame Talibans for all the misery of Afghanistan........

ur sayin i blamed US for Islamic extremism............read my post again man...u say Pepple chantin Allah is GReat execute aid workers...that is less then a Percent or even more less screwed up souls...... but have u ever studdies Islam???........... do u know dat a muslim has more rights of his felloow human beings ( not muslims alone) then for the GOd ALmighty ..... do u know dat in islam....murder of a human being ( no muslim) is equal to the murder of whole humanity.........

i dunno if i even want to be in shoes of the US soldiers who are also confused as the masses....who just want to get back home alive.......and when he finds himself under attack....may be if i am in his place....i might have just closed my eyes and let go of the burst.........damn..... we do get news of innocent people gettin shot dead by ARmy guys.....dont we...........

ALL i am saying is dat WAr is not a solution....its just the last pathetic thing to do...... see how a child dat cant get what he wants which isnt his.......try to snatch it ...and crys at the same time......dats ugly...........and so is WAR.....

man...i wish we could have sittin together.........i know u dont want any innocent US citizen to be felllin even unsafe for a minute......u have ur right to freeedom and to live fully........i want the same for evey one all over the globe........being a muslim........ i have lots of greifs.......do u want me to count dem to u...............where shud i start..... i have to count deaths of my brother mulims in palistine evey day....in Kashmir.....in iraq....in AFghanistan.......and in my own cities and streets........and i dont know what is wrong....who is responsible........who to plead too.........damn......but i will never accept that US led oCCupations is ever gonna get goood outta the pit of shit......................and u innocent people of US might think and may be ur ARmy guys too dat dey are doing all this for World peace...ur mother givin dayer sons to help the world..... but in behind all......u wiill agree dat poly-tics is the driving force....

i hope ull appreciate my position too....and try to be neutral.....ur secound reply is a bit confusing ...i lll reply to dat latter

Ana4Stapp 02-26-2006 12:56 AM

Quote:

It failed in Afghanistan? How did it fail in Afghanistan?

maybe because ...Osama is...alive?:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp 02-26-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Your post has really some interesting points.;)

RMadd 02-26-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
maybe because ...Osama is...alive?:rolleyes:

that doesn't mean it's failed. it's not as easy as we may have initially hoped, but simple not finding one person, versus removing a fair amount of the oppressive social structure imposed by a radical sect of "Islam." Hmmm...... which would you prefer?