CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What should RMadd download next? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9085)

RMadd 05-07-2005 12:46 PM

What should RMadd download next?

Here's the deal: I seem to have hit the wall in terms of downloading. I check billboard, no new artists i don't already have on the list. i go to allmusic.com & find artists similar to those i like, nothing new. even in some online stores, nothing i don't already have. so what's next for me? i'll turn this decision over to the people!

TeriB19 05-07-2005 08:04 PM

Ok, not that you'll take this advice but I'd recommend going back to the past and downloading some classic stuff. I have been downloading most of the songs that were ever put out in the 1980's and in doing so, I've found some great finds. I did a search for Elton John and ended up getting a live version of "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by Billy Joel. Must've been recorded when they were on tour together, but it was an awesome fine. If you're not finding any new artists, check out the past.

Dogstar 05-07-2005 08:18 PM

^^^What Teri said.

titan9 05-07-2005 09:38 PM

You know, Launch music on Yahoo is pretty good about recommending things. You can create a playlist on there for your custom radio station and rank all the stuff you like. Then, when you're listening to your custom station, it'll occasionally throw in some stuff similar to what you've ranked. I've found quite a few artists through that.

If you haven't already checked out 12 Stones, I highly recommend them. The first album(self-titled) has a lot of solos on it. The lyrics are great as well. The second album shows a lot of musical growth and there's a ton of good songs on that one. Eric Weaver, the guitarist for 12 Stones, is somewhat similar to Tremonti. Paul McCoy, the lead singer for 12 Stones, has pretty good range on vocals as well. I'd recommend "Broken", "The Way I Feel", "Crash" and "My Life" from the first album and "Photograph", "Stay", "Far Away" and "Lifeless" from the second album.

RMadd 05-08-2005 01:36 AM

i've got 12 stones... and hella classic rock. prog-rock, blues-rock, heavy metal, straight up hard rock, you name it. i wonder if there's a way, w/ winamp, to generate a list of all the artists i have. i don't think there's a feature for that w/ wmp10

Muad'Dib 05-08-2005 02:54 AM

Dont really understand the big deal about 12 Stones, to me they are just another average rock band.

Muad'Dib 05-08-2005 02:58 AM

As for some music to download, these are some of the bands ive been enjoying lately, might find something you like, if you dont already have that is!

Stone Temple Pilots
Muse
AFI
David Bowie
Jeff Buckley
Velvet Revolver
Anything Chris Cornell

If you cant find anything try branching out into different genres!

The Lithium 05-08-2005 06:11 AM

There's a pretty new band called Alter Bridge. You should check them out!

RMadd 05-08-2005 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
Stone Temple Pilots

check
Quote:

Muse

check
Quote:

AFI

check
Quote:

David Bowie

check
Quote:

Jeff Buckley

check
Quote:

Velvet Revolver

check
Quote:

Anything Chris Cornell

check

Quote:

If you cant find anything try branching out into different genres!

you know, that's not such a bad idea.... jazz & blues sound pretty good right now... thanks for the suggestion

RMadd 05-08-2005 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
There's a pretty new band called Alter Bridge. You should check them out!

thanks for the advice, Lith

Steve 05-08-2005 02:17 PM

Try a band called "Mile" they were on tour with Creed back in 2000 playing side stages at ampitheaters, and also with 3 Doors Down in 1999 or 1998....

If you've forgotten about them, there's Thornley and his old band Big Wreck. Those are good albums.

Fuel's Sunburn album is good if you don't have it or haven't heard it in awhile.

Also try Second Coming and Pushmonkey.

RMadd 05-08-2005 03:18 PM

in my p2p system, i've only been able to find 4 songs from Sunburn (Shimmer, Sunburn, Jesus or a Gun, & Bittersweet)... got Thornley, Big Wreck. unable to locate any Pushmonkey or Mile

creedsister 05-08-2005 03:36 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I dont Care What Ya Download How About Some Mamas And Papas HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D

RMadd 05-08-2005 03:46 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA no

creedsister 05-08-2005 10:47 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Yes :D