CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Brian Marshall? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5129)

hide 12-17-2003 12:37 AM

i'm a little intrigued by this description of this song, it sounds great! While it will sound like Creed with a different singer somewhat, it sounds like Mark has gone a different direction with his writing, which is great I couldn't stand it if the bashers were saying what is the differene. but i guess stuff the bashers...

johellion 12-17-2003 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind226
Of course it's going to have some kind of akin to creed. I mean, with 1/3rd of creed brian, flip and mark your still going to have the distinctive tremo PRS sound, and those groovy bass lines of marshall. Don't take this the wrong way, but I always found flip to be an ordnary drummer, but still.

Still, I'm wondering if it's official if marshall is going to be in the band. The sentiment remains as to his musical input to this yet to be named band. Does not your your couriocity rise about this? And don't forget to mention the new singer, and like many have said, I would rather not have a nasaly voiced singer, something completely different.

So, after it's all said and done and the albums out, I wonder if there will be a fan divide where the fans of stapp will be sour to thus, and the fans of tremo, brian and flip will be the defenders? Hmm.....

It is official...Brian is playing with the boys in this band...I talked to him yesterday. He said music is awesome, and the chemistry is still there!!! I didn't ask him the name of the band. He did say he had been real busy with both bands..and have a few more practices before they lay off for the holidays. :D

janem 12-17-2003 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johellion
It is official...Brian is playing with the boys in this band...I talked to him yesterday. He said music is awesome, and the chemistry is still there!!! I didn't ask him the name of the band. He did say he had been real busy with both bands..and have a few more practices before they lay off for the holidays. :D

That makes me smile... hi Johellion.. its been awhile :D

johellion 12-17-2003 01:00 PM

Hey there Jane!!! Is this your orginial name? Glad to know people remember me as Johellion....I haven't used that name in awhile...I love this board....I did not even know this place was here...The ppl. seem to be real friendly here. In the old crrednet bb. days ppl would really get rude at times.

janem 12-17-2003 02:35 PM

Yes Johellion, I certainly remember you. I was with the group when we were supporting Brian and "Grand Luxx".. remember that fun time. I'm billycat23, and Toni's friend from VA, maybe you remember. I'm so excited that Brian, Mark and Scott P. are together again... I'd always hope this would happen! Mark's an incredible person and so talented... I remember him saying that he always thought Brian was the best bass player he'd played with. Now, its all come full circle. This is a very nice chat area, the best I've found so far.
:)

chafin24 12-17-2003 02:40 PM

hey jane

Be sure to check out brian marshall new band headheavy.com they have music samples up and johellion put up a thread about it in the music matters forum hear at this website.

janem 12-17-2003 02:42 PM

I visited the site already... very nice!! This is just too damn exciting... I've noticed that the domain name "downshifter" (which is rumored to be the name of the band) is under construction and owned by Dan Tremonti... hmmmm - I wonder what that could mean...

hayley 12-17-2003 04:42 PM

Hey to all the new members of Creed Feed! :hugs: Hope you guys post more often here, and enjoy the board! :)

Yeah Downshifter, we heard about that. I personaly don't like that name, I think they could have come up with something far more better, not Downshifter. We were all talking about the name weeks ago, and came to the conclusion that Downshifter is what you do in a car, you down shift. Hmm...and there was something else but I can't remember.

hayley 12-17-2003 04:43 PM

Oh yeah I remember now...having things all rushed and then slow it down. That was it.

Interesting...

Bridge of Clay 12-17-2003 04:52 PM

and then I ask again:

what does it take to get the 4 of them together, in a band, again? Nothing is too big it can't be forgiven! Guys, get over it! You can do it! :)

hayley 12-17-2003 04:55 PM

But we don't know how big the argument/fight was so it might be something that can't be forgiven

musicmind226 12-17-2003 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johellion

This is the aswsomest news I have heard sine out troops caught saddam heusein. :cool:

So, now brians official have they a clue as to what the new singer may be like?

johellion 12-17-2003 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind226
This is the aswsomest news I have heard sine out troops caught saddam heusein. :cool:

So, now brians official have they a clue as to what the new singer may be like?

We didn't talk about the singer.....I am sure that will be anounced when they find one. :D

musicmind226 12-17-2003 06:07 PM

Did you mention stapp to him? or him re-joining? creed on the 4th album whenever that may be?

Man, I am so glad that the chemistry is still there. :cool:

hayley 12-17-2003 06:29 PM

Don't keep ya hopes up dude too much