CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Waxing Poetica (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   TOMORROW'S RAIN, a poem (any feedback will be much appreciated!) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3741)

HESTLA'S HONEY 07-13-2003 01:32 AM

TOMORROW'S RAIN, a poem (any feedback will be much appreciated!)

Shelter's protection,
I long for
from the coming
of tomorrow's rain.

My life is imprisoned
by gripping anguish,
exclamated by
crippling inner pain.

Cold and shivering,
I am trapped under
the weight of its
torrential downpour.

I am drenched.
I cannot breathe.
I'll drown here like this,
if I do not discover
something more.

I watch in horror
as the second hand
relays to me today
is about to turn
into another tomorrow.

Desperately, I seek
undetection in
the depths of
heavy shadows.

I cling to my faith
and hope, I find
peace hidden in
its deepest folds.

If I can achieve this,
perhaps, I will avoid
the dreadful coming
of tomorrow's rain.

©2003 L. A.

HESTLA'S HONEY 07-13-2003 01:37 AM

Hi everyone, :)

This is my second post in the creative corner!! I will be so grateful for any comments or suggestions!!

I thank you all in advance!!

~Honey~ :D

Sheila63 07-13-2003 04:34 PM

Wow!! I'm not an authority on poetry but I really enjoy your work, Honey.:D I could feel the depth of the emotions as I read it.

Aimee 07-13-2003 07:51 PM

Honey,
I think that you have a wonderful grasp on words and know how to turn a phrase beautifully. I especially like how you trick your words and mold them into your own meaning, yet still manage to express something that is innately human.
Aimee

HESTLA'S HONEY 07-13-2003 08:56 PM

Hi Sheila, :D

Well, thank you so very much!! I am so happy you like my poetry and feel the emotions I put into my writing!! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note, and I hope you will stop by and read more of my poetry in the future!!

~Honey~:)

HESTLA'S HONEY 07-13-2003 09:01 PM

Hello Aimee, :)

I am so glad you read my poem. Thanks for leaving such a warm and kind note. It means so much hearing from such a wonderful writer as yourself!! It brings me such joy that you liked my poem. I hope you'll stop by again. Bye.

Sheila63 07-13-2003 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HESTLA'S HONEY
Hi Sheila, :D

Well, thank you so very much!! I am so happy you like my poetry and feel the emotions I put into my writing!! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note, and I hope you will stop by and read more of my poetry in the future!!

~Honey~:)

You're welcome.:D Reading everyone's poems is inspiring me to give it a try myself. I've been feeling the need for another creative outlet and a different way to express myself so I'll let you know how it goes.

Moonshine 07-13-2003 10:27 PM

All's I can say is wow! It really struck some chords in me. Thanks for sharing.

cjme 07-13-2003 10:32 PM

I read and felt the fear, the sadness....yet you end it with a tiny spark of hope...very beautiful. Thank you

HESTLA'S HONEY 07-13-2003 11:56 PM

Hey Sheila, :)

I hope you decide to give writing a try!! It is fun and excting to express yourself through writing!! I would love to read your work. I can't wait to hear how it's coming!!

~Honey~;)

HESTLA'S HONEY 07-13-2003 11:59 PM

Hello Moonshine, :D

Thank you for the nice comment!! I am only happy to share my thoughts with everyone! Come again. It was nice hearing from you!!

~Honey~ :)

HESTLA'S HONEY 07-14-2003 12:10 AM

Hi cjme, :)

I am so happy you liked my poem! I thought about it long and hard and decided I had to end it with a splinter of hope because one has to have faith and belief in oneself to face and overcome the challanges life, sometimes, brings.

Thanks for your kind remarks. I hope you'll stop by again!

~Honey~:D

goddess_bb 07-15-2003 12:42 AM

Deeply Beautiful and Moving...I was touched by it...

HESTLA'S HONEY 07-15-2003 01:40 AM

Hey goddess, :)

Thank you so much for giving me a read. I am pleased you felt the emotions I put into this poem.

My best to you.

JulieCitySlicker 07-18-2003 01:55 PM

Yet again another very well written poem Honey;) I like this one as well:P