CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed hits the recording studio in January (& more news) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3331)

mamm1234 06-07-2003 09:26 AM

This is the best news we've heard in a very long time.

Thank you luva for bringing it over.

Sheila63 06-07-2003 02:25 PM

Thanks so much for the info, Luva!!! That's FANTASTIC news!!!:dancing: :cloud9:

goddess_bb 06-07-2003 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>I'm also happy! However, I really, really hope they spend ALL 6-7 months writting material and tweaking it. Weathered was done very quickly, but I really found it lacking in the depth department compared to the others. &nbsp;

Also, having Bret writing/performing bass (hopefully!) will provide some better-sounding low-freq vibes. Tremonti did it all in Weathered, and, while he's an incredible guitarist, the base just was not up to par in Weathered.

I also hope Brett's run with Virgos influences Creed just a little bit. Weathered crept a little too much into the "pop" category with a few tracks. I'd like to see something with the harder edge of MOP combined with the lyrical substance of MOP and HC.

AND... MORE AND LONGER TREMONTI SOLOS!!! GOOD GREIF! SHOWCASE HIS TALENTS A LITTLE MORE! 8^)

-Nicholas </b>

I totally wholeheartly agree with you...I was disappointed in Weathered..not that is wasn't good it just was not up to par... Thanks for the news Luva!!:D

Higher_Desire 06-07-2003 03:24 PM

SUPER COOL! :bounce: Thanks for the update. It's about time for some good news.

H-D

Rain 06-07-2003 03:33 PM

:D AWESOME NEWS!!:D

HigherGirl 06-07-2003 04:50 PM

VERY COOL!!!!
Thanks for the update....
I can't wait for the new CD...I'm going
through Creed withdrawal...:(

crest tattoo 06-07-2003 06:32 PM

I started to post this too, my friend told me to check it out at the pit. I am really glad to hear it, but I'm glad I'm here at creedfeed. They're kinda mean over there at the pit.:kick:

Lechium 06-07-2003 06:33 PM

Most bands write IN studio bulk of the album (jam session, etc) 8+ months to write? Deep Purple's "Machine Head" (one with Lazy, Highway Star, Smoke On The Water, Pictures Or Home, etc) album was written and recorded in TWO WEEKS.
My verdict -- they're just being lazy.
When band takes 2+ years to release an album... oh come on... Led Zepp released like 7 in 6 years, and they all became classic. Same goes for many other bands.

crest tattoo 06-07-2003 07:36 PM

Your verdict on Creed? That means as much to me as the dog shit in my backyard.:horseshit

Lechium 06-07-2003 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by crest tattoo
Your verdict on Creed? &nbsp;That means as much to me as the dog shit in my backyard.:horseshit

Well things that come from person who lives in shit (as you had just said yourself) are really of little weight in this world.

crest tattoo 06-07-2003 11:04 PM

I'll consider being called a "light weight" a compliment. Thank you lech, nicest thing I've ever seen you post.

Bridge of Clay 06-07-2003 11:19 PM

so what? Weathered was written in only 3 weeks... doh!

And it doesnīt mean they donīt have tunes from songs that didnīt make to weathered or their soundchecks...

Higher, for example, came up of nothing, when Stapp was helping to put the amps on stage...

I personally think that, with a longer time to think and write, Stapp will make great lyrics, as good as MOP and Faceless Man, for example. Now you just gotta add Markīs talent and Flipīs spice to make it better than perfect!

Btw, cloud 9 ???? thatīs new to me!

hayley 06-07-2003 11:23 PM

I've just read that, Luva, thanks so much for that awesome update, that's great news. :clap:

hUmAnClAy 06-08-2003 12:57 PM

Thanks for the update Luva!!!:band:

Mike
Rock On...:jam:

Luva 06-08-2003 02:56 PM

woops its already posted.
*ignore this* lol