CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So... it's the day after Christmas.. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5352)

JenRN 12-30-2003 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Not much, Jen, we're not talking too much right now. I'm mad that he didn't put any thought into this Christmas for me, and he's mad that I'm mad at him. Been a very quiet couple of days.

Oh boy the blissful moments of marriage I DON'T miss!!!! My ex never put much thought into things. He would wait until the last minute and then go shopping and expect a full list of things. Me on other hand think why should I give him a list? He knows what I like and a "list" takes out of the originality of gifts. He always did better on his own anyways. I missed not having gifts from a husband, but you know what it was the first Christmas I got to see my family in 6 years that was the best gift for me!

TeriB19 12-30-2003 11:13 PM

First of all, I LOVE your sig!!! I'll drink to that!!!

He asked me what I wanted, and I told him the Duran Duran DVD and maybe some slippers from the girls. His explanation was that he didn't want to get me Bath and Body Works stuff since some people would be getting me that, and he didn't want to get me wine since other people were getting me that. Apparently I DO have to give him a full list of potential gift to get me, since it seems next to impossible for him to think of a personal gift, rather than one that we need for the house. Sorry, I'm venting. I'm better now. :D

hayley 12-31-2003 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcreedite
I'm very easy to buy for. I always give my husband a sheet or two of paper...with PICTURES of what I want on them. Also included...where to find such items, and size/color if necessary. Then he can choose what to buy from that list. It's still I surprise, because I don't know which items he'll pick. Works for us. :D

Wow, a list. lol.

JenRN 12-31-2003 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
First of all, I LOVE your sig!!! I'll drink to that!!!

He asked me what I wanted, and I told him the Duran Duran DVD and maybe some slippers from the girls. His explanation was that he didn't want to get me Bath and Body Works stuff since some people would be getting me that, and he didn't want to get me wine since other people were getting me that. Apparently I DO have to give him a full list of potential gift to get me, since it seems next to impossible for him to think of a personal gift, rather than one that we need for the house. Sorry, I'm venting. I'm better now. :D

Oh brother. That was one of my BIGGEST complaints about my ex, totally no imagination or incentive to do things. I always felt that Christmas was a hassle for him, it took all the joy out of it for me! :(

Wylde-Tremonti 12-31-2003 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcreedite
I'm very easy to buy for. I always give my husband a sheet or two of paper...with PICTURES of what I want on them. Also included...where to find such items, and size/color if necessary. Then he can choose what to buy from that list. It's still I surprise, because I don't know which items he'll pick. Works for us. :D

you should prolly make sure they all cost about the same... otherwise... he'd prolly just buy the cheapest thing....lol... that's what i would do! :D

JenRN 12-31-2003 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB
you should prolly make sure they all cost about the same... otherwise... he'd prolly just buy the cheapest thing....lol... that's what i would do! :D

:male: :spank: :male: Hmmmm.... I guess we will have to teach you right! :banghead:

Dogstar 12-31-2003 10:58 PM

I have to say my ex was pretty good at shopping...too, good, though..He always spent way more than we could afford :D.