CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed in Guinness World of Records! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8416)

bobben 01-12-2005 02:43 PM

Creed in Guinness World of Records!

I got the 2005 Guinness World of Records for christmas and the first thing I looked for was of course; Creed....and I found them! The have the record for having the slowest progress with a singel on the charts ever. Higher was on the Billboard Hot 100 for 36 weeks before it reached the top in july 2000!

Pretty cool or what?! :cool: ....... :D

The Lithium 01-12-2005 03:00 PM

Yeah, that single must have sold pretty many copies!

titan9 01-12-2005 03:11 PM

Wow, I didn't know it took that long to reach number 1! I thought they reached it in '99....

AndrewFromABRox 01-12-2005 04:08 PM

Lol i guess thats a good record to have!

The Lithium 01-12-2005 04:41 PM

Just think about how good the son must have been if it reaches the top after 36 WEEKS!! :D

HigherGirl 01-12-2005 06:11 PM

Sweeeeeeet.... :)

Higher_Desire 01-12-2005 06:38 PM

That's kind of a dumb record. I'm not sure if I should be proud of it or not. It's lame it took so long. I guess the big thing though is that it made it.

H-D :pimp:

Agent D 01-13-2005 12:03 AM

It doesn't help with the way they worded it. They say it took the slowest time to get to number one, but one could say that it spent the most time on the charts than any other song.

Xterminator27 01-13-2005 12:37 AM

Thats because its how creed songs work

there not damn repetitive so it takes a while to you to get the entire beat and nature of the song, but because its not repetive you can listen to the same song ALOT more times before getting sick of it. it just takes longer to like it, (which is why dumb people hear a creed song once and say, "OMG IT SUXX"" yes when i first heard Weathered i hated all the songs besides freedomfigher and my sacrifice, then after listening to them for a few times i loved them for years and years on end THE END

The Lithium 01-13-2005 08:03 AM

Well said Master!

dragonwolf 01-20-2005 02:12 PM

cool, thats awesome!

StappsSaviour 02-06-2005 11:25 PM

yeah its dus seem prety stupid! esp if it was written like that in there but yea... i love Creed and always will! whos with me on that!!!!!!??????

uncertaindrumer 02-10-2005 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King X
Thats because its how creed songs work

there not damn repetitive so it takes a while to you to get the entire beat and nature of the song, but because its not repetive you can listen to the same song ALOT more times before getting sick of it. it just takes longer to like it, (which is why dumb people hear a creed song once and say, "OMG IT SUXX"" yes when i first heard Weathered i hated all the songs besides freedomfigher and my sacrifice, then after listening to them for a few times i loved them for years and years on end THE END

Creed songs are pretty repetative. Actually, I always think of Creed songs as easy to get sick of because they are so LONG. Don't get me wrong, not necessarily bad (for instance, "Hey Jude" is a great song but I'm sick of it before I've even listened to it ONCE), but they are repetative.

Anyway that is a funny record. Slowest to get to number 1.... lol

titan9 02-10-2005 11:54 AM

I don't think Creed songs are at all repetitive. I can hear all the Creed songs, and within 5 seconds of hearing a song, I can tell you which one it is. The songs don't all sound the same, at least not in my opinion. But I did get sick of my brother(non-Creed fan) hearing a Creed song and saying "all their songs sound the same." Then I had to explain to him that they don't and, in effect, defend Creed. Of course, I grew accustomed to having to defend Creed because, hey, it was and probably still is popular to bash Creed, or at least it's that way for the media.

The other day I went with my Bro(the non-Creed fan mentioned above) to Best Buy. We looked at CDs and One Day Remains was on the best sellers rack, a few CDs down from the Creed Greatest Hits. I pointed ODR out to my Bro and said "You should get this album" He picked it up(which was surprising, because I didn't expect him to even touch it) and looked at the tracklisting. Then he said something to the effect of "WRIF plays Open Your Eyes alot, and I don't like that song." So then I said "Trust me, the other songs sound NOTHING like that one. That's definitely not the best song on the CD. Plus, there's a ton of awesome guitar solos on there." Sadly, that wasn't enough to convince him, and he put it back down. I forgot to say that, since he is an Audioslave fan, he'd probably like the vocalist(Myles) in Alter Bridge. I'm not sure if that would have convinced him, but it might have helped. Ah well, least I tried. Hopefully he'll smarten up and buy it.

uncertaindrumer 02-10-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I don't think Creed songs are at all repetitive. I can hear all the Creed songs, and within 5 seconds of hearing a song, I can tell you which one it is. The songs don't all sound the same, at least not in my opinion. But I did get sick of my brother(non-Creed fan) hearing a Creed song and saying "all their songs sound the same." Then I had to explain to him that they don't and, in effect, defend Creed. Of course, I grew accustomed to having to defend Creed because, hey, it was and probably still is popular to bash Creed, or at least it's that way for the media.

The other day I went with my Bro(the non-Creed fan mentioned above) to Best Buy. We looked at CDs and One Day Remains was on the best sellers rack, a few CDs down from the Creed Greatest Hits. I pointed ODR out to my Bro and said "You should get this album" He picked it up(which was surprising, because I didn't expect him to even touch it) and looked at the tracklisting. Then he said something to the effect of "WRIF plays Open Your Eyes alot, and I don't like that song." So then I said "Trust me, the other songs sound NOTHING like that one. That's definitely not the best song on the CD. Plus, there's a ton of awesome guitar solos on there." Sadly, that wasn't enough to convince him, and he put it back down. I forgot to say that, since he is an Audioslave fan, he'd probably like the vocalist(Myles) in Alter Bridge. I'm not sure if that would have convinced him, but it might have helped. Ah well, least I tried. Hopefully he'll smarten up and buy it.

Wow. Your brother sounds like exactly the kind of person that the Broken Wigns release will alienate even further... GRRR

Anyway, Their songs don't all sound the same. MOP has very unique songs. Great album. Human clay DOES sound absurdly alike. And yes, after hearing five seconds I can tell the difference, but that's because I have listened to them all plenty. Weathered has some standout songs (the first three) but as usual the singles all follow the same ridiculously obvious formula. Either way repetative songs that sound the same don't make the songs bad, just makes people sick of them really fast, which is why so many people hate Creed.