CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   linkin park to hit the studio (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6575)

aussiecreeder 05-12-2004 09:59 AM

linkin park to hit the studio

i'm not really that much of a fan (i'm indifferent really) but i know there are some fans amonst us so;

IAYM reports: Linkin Park plan to commence work on the follow-up to 2003's "Meteora" in October, following the summers "Projekt Revolution" live outing. Their current single 'Breaking The Habit' is the last which will be taken from the aforementioned album before they enter the studio.

Higher_Desire 05-12-2004 06:02 PM

Cool. I hope they come up with something good.

H-D :darkdance

Trees of Wisdom 05-12-2004 06:10 PM

I hate Linkin Park. "Breaking the Habit" will be their next video. That's five music videos already. They're such a freaking pop band. Any respectful rock band releases three singles as music videos, while the rest are radio singles.

Warner Brothers is trying to squeeze every penny out of Linkin Park. Try to sell every million from them and later drop them. Linkin Park is the complete opposite of our band Creed. Creed was signed to a 7-record deal and Wind-Up refused to promote My Own Prison even if it sold four million copies because they didn't want people to get annoyed or tired of Creed. That was a great decision since they wanted Creed to play for more than a couple of years and drop them.

This is why I hate Linkin Park. They're such a pop band. They are apart of the MTV audience. Most of the fans are punk teenagers who know nothing about real music (i.e. Led Zeppelin, Metallica, AC/DC, and so forth). Linkin Park is bastard metal. Most of the fans are in awe of this mediocre version of heavy metal. It's ridiculous that they use a sythesizer and have rapping. Linkin Park sucks and they will die out once the rap-metal phase is not "cool" anymore.

RMadd 05-12-2004 06:56 PM

<~~ "you got hate in your heart? let it out!"
let's hope it's better than Reanimation... of course, i guess Live in Texas is a sort of equivalent. i like 'em, as commercial as they may be

Trees of Wisdom 05-12-2004 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
<~~ "you got hate in your heart? let it out!"
let's hope it's better than Reanimation... of course, i guess Live in Texas is a sort of equivalent. i like 'em, as commercial as they may be

If anything, they're a "meh" type of band. Not so special or original. Their music is very bland, too.

Alter Shredder 05-12-2004 08:40 PM

these guys are constantly popping out albums, cant say i didnt see it coming, but im happy to hear it none the less. i like em.

RMadd 05-12-2004 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
If anything, they're a "meh" type of band. Not so special or original. Their music is very bland, too.

what's wrong w/ being unoriginal? no one really is anymore (and it's been this way for years).

Trees of Wisdom 05-12-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

what's wrong w/ being unoriginal? no one really is anymore (and it's been this way for years).

I don't like Linkin Park for many reasons (I've already stated them) but Linkin Park is unoriginal to the tenth degree.

RMadd 05-12-2004 11:14 PM

Quote:

I don't like Linkin Park for many reasons (I've already stated them) but Linkin Park is unoriginal to the tenth degree.

so, just out of curiosity, to whom do you compare them? whom are they ripping off? i'm not attacking your claims, just seeing what you think.

Trees of Wisdom 05-12-2004 11:16 PM

Quote:

so, just out of curiosity, to whom do you compare them? whom are they ripping off? i'm not attacking your claims, just seeing what you think.

They're living off the rap-metal phase. They also sound a lot like Chevelle.

RMadd 05-12-2004 11:20 PM

Quote:

They're living off the rap-metal phase. They also sound a lot like Chevelle.

who came first, chevelle or LP?
also, while they are rap-metal, they're less rap and more rock now that on hybrid theory.

Dogstar 05-13-2004 12:10 AM

LP and Chevelle sound nothing alike, IMO...The singers aren't even close to sounding similar and neither does the music, especially Chevelle's first album. Loefler (sp?) is a wayyyy better singer. I think the only LP song I like is Crawling.

Shadow 05-14-2004 11:46 PM

I enjoy Linkin Park. I always have one of their CD's in my car. Fuse Music TV plays them alot. The band is very fan-friendly.

I will definitely get the new CD when it comes out.