CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   TGD vs ODR Sales(thus far) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10547)

IamFilthy 02-21-2006 09:29 PM

TGD vs ODR Sales(thus far)

this info came from PBF...at 5 weeks odr sold 215,394 and TGD sold 291,946 which is 76,552 more than AB.

We were given a figure of 344,000 for TGD as of Jan. 19th giving TGD about the same amount of sales in 8 weeks that ab had in 8 months.

TGD has been certified platinum...and odr certified gold...but both of those certifications are for units shipped...so it doesn't really tell us anything about either one of them.

I also think this new publicity(negative or not) will help his sales overall

nagpo 02-21-2006 09:38 PM

Re: TGD vs ODR Sales(thus far)

so, wait...has it been officialy cerified platnium? cause when creed albums were certified anything they were on the creed site, i see nothing on stapp site about his album going platnum. im so confused.

titan9 02-21-2006 09:54 PM

It has shipped platinum, but not actually sold platinum. And I guess the RIAA certifies albums that have shipped platinum as being platinum. Not sure, though.

Bridge of Clay 02-22-2006 08:21 AM

big deal... Britney outsells Dream Theater too, but it doesn't make her better than them.

Got My Back? 02-22-2006 09:29 AM

When I was at the local Borders last weekend, I picked up a Billboard magazine and looked to see where Scott's CD was on the top 200. It was pretty far down the list, but I did notice that they had the symbol beside it for a double platinum CD.

So, I guess it has shipped 2 million!

For what it's worth.

Dogstar 02-22-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
It has shipped platinum, but not actually sold platinum. And I guess the RIAA certifies albums that have shipped platinum as being platinum. Not sure, though.

That is so lame. The RIAA will do anything to promote sales, even changing the rules when things don't go its way. Units shipped doesn't mean squat. What good is the number if the units collect dust on the shelf or in some storage room. I can't believe anyone can get excited about such a hollow number.

titan9 02-22-2006 03:28 PM

^^ Agreed. Just one of the many reasons why I loathe the RIAA.

ABYanks 03-01-2006 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamFilthy
this info came from PBF...at 5 weeks odr sold 215,394 and TGD sold 291,946 which is 76,552 more than AB.

What is PBF?

eusebioCBR 03-01-2006 02:47 PM

Passion Breeds Flowers^

Finaldecision 03-01-2006 02:54 PM

I hope Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp will both sell even more albums in the next time. They need to bring out singles very successfully and Alter Bridge maybe needs to get more promotion.
But AB debuted on 5 which was really good I think.
But look at how succesful Creed was, there still much to do if they want to reach that level ever again.

ABYanks 03-01-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finaldecision
I hope Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp will both sell even more albums in the next time. .

Its still this time for stapp, ODR is done, but GD is only out 3 months

J-Man 03-01-2006 03:08 PM

Didn't Stapp's CD go on sale right before the holidays? Timing is everything, and so is publicity. Stapp got more publicity from the record company for his solo CD. Not to mention all of the bad press Stapp created for himself, which continuously keeps him in the public eye and gossip papers/websites and radio stations. People like controversey and therefore that is why his name continues to pop up everywhere and it certainly isn't for his music. Stapp is a very good writer as we all witnessed in Creed, but he was a part of a great team, which included Mark, Flip and Brian. As a team Creed did great, but Stapp's head got too big and he wanted to take credit for everything (till this day he still does). He wants the spotlight so bad that he's like a moth to a flame and will ultimately self-destruct.

AB sounds awesome and I think it is because of that teamwork mentality. Myles, Mark, Flip and Brian are extremely talented and each member contributes their creativity and ideas to their music which makes them a "Dream Team". When people work together and truly enjoy what they do it shows. Stapp is self-absorbed and unfortunately the only person he cares about is himself. Actions speaks louder than words (even Stapp's.)