CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tell Us How MOP Rocks (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8892)

titan9 04-04-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
I'm already not very popular on these boards, but I didn't think insulting One's lyrics would be damning... I mean, what on earth could anyone like about those lyrics is beyond me. But to each his own, lol

Lol, well, considering that alot of people on here pick MOP and One as two of their favorite Creed songs, like I said, that comment won't make you popular. I actually really like the lyrics to One, but, like you said, to each his own. I do appreciate your honesty, though.

uncertaindrumer 04-05-2005 10:25 AM

"One, oh, one. All the world is one."

Oh dear. Mind bogglingly original and touching.

lol, I am really picky when it coems to lyrics. But I do wish it had better lyrics becuase I don't mind the song otherwise...

titan9 04-05-2005 12:58 PM

Actually, the lyrics are, "One, oh, one, the only way is one." I am also pretty picky with lyrics(and artists, for that matter) but I really, thoroughly enjoy the lyrics to this song. Even though that song was written at least 7 years ago, the meaning still applies today. At least in my opinion, anyway.

BTW, have you heard the Blue Collar version of One? It's even better than the album version

Ana4Stapp 04-05-2005 09:23 PM

Quote:

No, where can I get that?

You can get Unforgiven - Viva Overdrive on PBF site.(passionbreedsfollowers.com)
It's awesome!!!! ,even though the vid has no quality ... It is worth it
You can also see/download to Say I performed by Creed in the same show...

uncertaindrumer 04-07-2005 09:22 AM

Huh... The only way is one? Never knew that. OH well, still bad. Far to preachy. Somehow, Scott Stapp giving me a lecture on morality is just wrong.

lol

titan9 04-07-2005 02:32 PM

Quote:

Huh... The only way is one? Never knew that. OH well, still bad. Far to preachy. Somehow, Scott Stapp giving me a lecture on morality is just wrong.

lol

Lol, I don't know about preachy(guess it depends on how you take it) but I still think the song has a good meaning. Maybe if we could just put aside our differences and try to work things out(in a non-violet way), maybe the world would be a much better place? I mean, that's the way I think of the song, personally. But it can be taken as too preachy by some, and even as a lecture. I'm not sure Stappy(I hear that name is forbidden on PBF, lol!) is the best morality lecturer, either. ;)

uncertaindrumer 04-07-2005 08:48 PM

I don't think putting aside differences and treating the world as one would be bad either.

But coming from Stapp that loses QUITE a bit.

titan9 04-08-2005 12:12 PM

Lol! True. It does seem kinda ironic in a way.

Dogstar 04-08-2005 11:18 PM

Quote:

"One, oh, one. All the world is one."

Oh dear. Mind bogglingly original and touching.

lol, I am really picky when it coems to lyrics. But I do wish it had better lyrics becuase I don't mind the song otherwise...

One was the song that got me into Creed, but it was the music more than the words that pulled me in. I just loved the guitar on that one. MOP is my favorite album as well. It's the one I still listen to regularly. I still listen to HC quite often, too, because it has one of my fave Creed songs: Faceless Man...Weathered just hasn't passed the test of time for me. I like selected tracks, but the overall feel of it doesn't match MOP's intensity for me. There isn't one song I'd skip on MOP.

uncertaindrumer 04-09-2005 04:24 PM

Weathered has Bullets, Freedom Fighter, and Who's got my back? all in succession so I listen to that one.

I never listen to HC.

MOP I only skip In America, MOP and One, which is ironic since Titan9 listed two of those three as his favorite songs... lol

Ana4Stapp 04-09-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

Weathered has Bullets, Freedom Fighter, and Who's got my back? all in succession so I listen to that one.

I never listen to HC.

MOP I only skip In America, MOP and One, which is ironic since Titan9 listed two of those three as his favorite songs... lol

Actually HC is not my favorite Creed album, even though it has Faceless man...(an awesome song), Never die and Beautiful I think is the weakest Creed album.
As for One and MOP, everyone has his choices...don't worry if they won't make you popular...lol

PS: anyway, you're still a cool guy...lol :rolleyes:

johellion 04-09-2005 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Actually, the lyrics are, "One, oh, one, the only way is one." I am also pretty picky with lyrics(and artists, for that matter) but I really, thoroughly enjoy the lyrics to this song. Even though that song was written at least 7 years ago, the meaning still applies today. At least in my opinion, anyway.

BTW, have you heard the Blue Collar version of One? It's even better than the album version

Yes...the blue Collar is much better..record company's tend to make things their way....but it is not always the best!!

RMadd 04-10-2005 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johellion
Yes...the blue Collar is much better..record company's tend to make things their way....but it is not always the best!!

agreed.... the intro to WTLF is wicked hardcore. and the sound is more authentic, not canned as hell like modern recordings make it. if i had a band, we'd record all old-school and shit.

uncertaindrumer 04-10-2005 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
Stephen,

Actually HC is not my favorite Creed album, even though it has Faceless man...(an awesome song), Never die and Beautiful I think is the weakest Creed album.
As for One and MOP, everyone has his choices...don't worry if they won't make you popular...lol

PS: anyway, you're still a cool guy...lol :rolleyes:

If I was worried about being popular... I wouldn't be here anymore, lol

titan9 04-10-2005 04:16 PM

Quote:

To each his own, lol. Those two songs are the songs that made me a Creed fan. Of course, not every Creed fan is going to list those as their favorites, so I can understand why you don't like those songs. Doesn't mean I agree, lol, but you at least have a good taste in sports teams. ;)