CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Site Updates Poll - Design Thoughts? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=13193)

Steve 07-28-2010 10:31 AM

Site Updates Poll - Design Thoughts?

Would you like to see a complete CreedFeed site redesign, or just a modification of the current template (change colors, make it bigger/wider, etc.)?

Please post thoughts here.

TrulyAmazing 07-28-2010 11:55 AM

Re: Site Updates Poll - Design Thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Would you like to see a complete CreedFeed site redesign, or just a modification of the current template (change colors, make it bigger/wider, etc.)?

Please post thoughts here.

alrighty :) steve, i kinda like still so into the warm tones, i dont know if you can recall, but we use to have a little thing at the bottom of the screen, where you could like change the color, to where you wanted, to please everyone, i think that would be perfect the guys like the black and i like this one, and lets see, there need to be some updates that are like to old that needs to be placed in the archives, and just recent updates of the guys, AB And Creed, And Also steve, the pm boxes, can we get that fixed where we can have more texting space like a major plus for me, and could we like thrown in a sparkly gutiar icon wit flames, a lit baby gibson, :) steve your the best man, :rockon: peace be with us in all things in jesus name...:crest: :note: :crest: :rainbow:

nagpo 07-28-2010 07:42 PM

I'd like to see a complete redesign. Right now it looks like a site from the 90's. With ABB and Creedworld looking so sweet, we got to keep up. I think Jared has great ideas for what he want's the site to look like and I support him.

My idea for a redesign would be to allow images, gifs and all on the forums. A section for creed videos and images. More detailed profiles like blogs. Functionality with facebook and twitter. A color scheme that consists of maybe some light red, black and silver. Maybe some graphics on the page that are similar to the design the Greatest hits album had.

I would also like to see some updates for the sites features. This is something I'd like to be involved with. Like a consistent update of news on the front page, an update on the bands bio, updated lyrics, etc. I think if the fans that come to this site had some accessibility to update these things they would not get stuck in the past. Maybe not all the members should be allowed to change these things, maybe only the most loyal and dedicated.

I'd really like this place to turn into the no.1 place for Creed news and discussion.

Maybe some new moderators if we get more users like we currently have been getting.

bilal 07-28-2010 08:44 PM

I am not sure if I like the idea of a complete makeover. A lot of folks here sometimes do stay away for a while, for some reasons, but a good thing is that they always come back and its a good feeling finding this site in its original way... the familiarity and all the thing. On the other hand, the new crowd may find the out look of this site a little dated.

I would say, lets keep the color theme intact, and upgrade the rest.

TrulyAmazing 07-28-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
I am not sure if I like the idea of a complete makeover. A lot of folks here sometimes do stay away for a while, for some reasons, but a good thing is that they always come back and its a good feeling finding this site in its original way... the familiarity and all the thing. On the other hand, the new crowd may find the out look of this site a little dated.

I would say, lets keep the color theme intact, and upgrade the rest.

thank you bilal.... :rockon:, BLESSINGS AND STRENETH, Brother,

Redeemer 07-29-2010 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
... A lot of folks here sometimes do stay away for a while, for some reasons, but a good thing is that they always come back and its a good feeling finding this site in its original way... the familiarity and all the thing. ...

Very, very good point.
Every time I type the address into the URL bar, I have this funny feeling something's going to be different (or the board won't be here at all)... it's a relief to see that not everything has to have a new version up every five weeks.

However, when it comes to functionality and the constantly-evolving nature of forum technology and the Internet in general, CF could definitely benefit from an upgrade. If there's a way to keep the colour scheme and/or the major elements of the layout intact while still upgrading the board for the changing times, then I don't see any reason not to go forward with it.

Buried And Gone 07-29-2010 02:21 AM

Yeah, I just think it needs a modern look and different info. I think you should stay away from using Full Circle artwork though. It's too dark and a little depressing. Besides then you would have to change it with the next album. I wish the main site was a little more interactive aswell.

TrulyAmazing 07-29-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried And Gone
Yeah, I just think it needs a modern look and different info. I think you should stay away from using Full Circle artwork though. It's too dark and a little depressing. Besides then you would have to change it with the next album. I wish the main site was a little more interactive aswell.

:laugh: deppressing , :laugh: not to mention wit da econmy in the shapes its in brother for those who cant get a ticket :laugh: thats what makes that feel come in, i like you, :laugh: THE WORD SAYS GIVE NOT IN TO THE SPIRT OF OPPRESSION When It Falleth, There Is A Rare Beauty In It Though, The Word Says To Rejoice, It be A strange JOY From A Strangeland, Outsiders Would Call Breaking, but its really digesting , anyway back on the topic i love the netrual tones, They Remind Me Of Human Clay Art Work, anyways i,ll get back wit ya,s, on it, PEACE BE WITH YOU...:rockon:

Dark_Knight 07-29-2010 05:29 PM

Yeah I went with a complete redesign... it might take awhile but it would be worth it ;) no offense but everything is outdated (including the design) you could most likely keep the board and do more with it... like turning the img/vid embed codes on etc. but the main site needs a huge facelift.

TrulyAmazing 07-31-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
Yeah I went with a complete redesign... it might take awhile but it would be worth it ;) no offense but everything is outdated (including the design) you could most likely keep the board and do more with it... like turning the img/vid embed codes on etc. but the main site needs a huge facelift.

alrighty, but take it easy on the larger uploading images, please and thank you, :samurai: PEACE BE WITH US AT CREEDFEED, love my guys, :hugs: if they wish to upgrade us, like everybody elses killler sites, ...............:rockon: :xmas: :rockon: :crest: :note:

Redeemer 08-01-2010 02:12 PM

I just want to be able to change My avatar and profile picture again. That part of the board has been malfunctioning for Me ever since I came back.

TrulyAmazing 08-01-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer
I just want to be able to change My avatar and profile picture again. That part of the board has been malfunctioning for Me ever since I came back.

really it worked fine the last time i used it, steve will have to fix it, now since you brought it up i,ve been wanting to change mine as well, but i cant part with the crown of thorns but the one i wanna use its a motion one,

Steve 08-01-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

What happen when you try to change your avatar?

Redeemer 08-01-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_DataManager_Userpic::vB_DataManager_Userpic() in /home/creed/public_html/community/includes/class_dm_userpic.php on line 204

I get that warm and fuzzy message.
Fatal, indeed. :rolleyes:

TrulyAmazing 08-04-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

I get that warm and fuzzy message.
Fatal, indeed. :rolleyes:

i,ll try to do a test on it not that i wish to change me avi, see if it works, if it works for me and not you, then it may be your browser, or what steve calls cookies, so help me lord, me mam had to hook up a mouse for me this week, and that is saying a lot,

TrulyAmazing 08-04-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing
i,ll try to do a test on it not that i wish to change me avi, see if it works, if it works for me and not you, then it may be your browser, or what steve calls cookies, so help me lord, me mam had to hook up a mouse for me this week, and that is saying a lot,

well i checked it out, and got the same message, lookie likes...we keeping our avis, for the present,

nagpo 08-22-2010 08:12 PM

Any news on this?

TrulyAmazing 08-22-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
Any news on this?

i guess steve has not had time to look upon it, for those of us wanting to change avitars, im keeping mine though, for a while proabley till i get my own album cover,

VJ Raven 08-22-2010 09:54 PM

Personally I like CF as it is but since other sites have been upgrading maybe it wouldn't hurt to do a complete redesign on it.

In fact, Passion Breeds Followers added User Groups, Photos and Visitor Messaging within the last year or so (or was it before that?? I can't remember when Julie added them!!). They kept the same color scheme to make sure that everyone still recognized the site. A new picture from the Delray concert was put up and I think PBF looks great. :cool:

I was a member of a vBulletin site that has blogs but that feature does use up a LOT of server space, even with a site that has less than 100 members in it. In fact, at the time, we members were asked to only post no more than 10 blogs and most of us followed that rule to the letter. We'd post a new blog and take our oldest one down... We'd then either post it in our blog elsewhere or just save it on our computers for reference.

Templates are a great idea, maybe use the brown that we have here now as the default and add something like a "Creed Logo Theme" and maybe an "Alter Bridge" or "Scott Stapp" theme for people to choose from? We're all fans of of the guys of Creed so maybe even have a Tremonti, a Flip Phillips and a Brian Marshall theme in there somewhere too?

Heck we could have a design contest and have the winner featured as one of the templates. One of my sites does that every single year and the designs are absolutely beautiful. :D

I know vBulletin also has the option of allowing members to customize their profiles if a site allows it. That is a nice feature and I really like it on my largest site, I have a customized profile in there and I've had a lot of compliments on my design. :)

I know some sites have "subscribed" members who pay X number of dollars a month for a lot of extras... More Private messaging space, their own e-mail from the site, a blog, extra photos, larger avatars, and just a ton of other goodies.

I'm just tossing ideas out there of course. I'll be happy with whatever our mods and administrator decide!! ;)

TrulyAmazing 08-23-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJ Raven
Personally I like CF as it is but since other sites have been upgrading maybe it wouldn't hurt to do a complete redesign on it.

In fact, Passion Breeds Followers added User Groups, Photos and Visitor Messaging within the last year or so (or was it before that?? I can't remember when Julie added them!!). They kept the same color scheme to make sure that everyone still recognized the site. A new picture from the Delray concert was put up and I think PBF looks great. :cool:

I was a member of a vBulletin site that has blogs but that feature does use up a LOT of server space, even with a site that has less than 100 members in it. In fact, at the time, we members were asked to only post no more than 10 blogs and most of us followed that rule to the letter. We'd post a new blog and take our oldest one down... We'd then either post it in our blog elsewhere or just save it on our computers for reference.

Templates are a great idea, maybe use the brown that we have here now as the default and add something like a "Creed Logo Theme" and maybe an "Alter Bridge" or "Scott Stapp" theme for people to choose from? We're all fans of of the guys of Creed so maybe even have a Tremonti, a Flip Phillips and a Brian Marshall theme in there somewhere too?

Heck we could have a design contest and have the winner featured as one of the templates. One of my sites does that every single year and the designs are absolutely beautiful. :D

I know vBulletin also has the option of allowing members to customize their profiles if a site allows it. That is a nice feature and I really like it on my largest site, I have a customized profile in there and I've had a lot of compliments on my design. :)

I know some sites have "subscribed" members who pay X number of dollars a month for a lot of extras... More Private messaging space, their own e-mail from the site, a blog, extra photos, larger avatars, and just a ton of other goodies.

I'm just tossing ideas out there of course. I'll be happy with whatever our mods and administrator decide!! ;)

FINAL DECISONS some things are written in stone, it stays the way it is, Like truth, Peace be with you, THE, PASSIONS, you have a good day

Steve 08-24-2010 08:22 AM

Believe me everyone I'm working on some fixes/updates/etc. It's going slower than I'd like but things are in motion. I'll keep you guys updated.

TrulyAmazing 08-24-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Believe me everyone I'm working on some fixes/updates/etc. It's going slower than I'd like but things are in motion. I'll keep you guys updated.

:laugh: understood steve :coffee: have a great morning :crest: :crest: :crest: :) you do a great job, as always

TrulyAmazing 08-24-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing
:laugh: understood steve :coffee: have a great morning :crest: :crest: :crest: :) you do a great job, as always

Excuse Me steve, i just got your pm brother, i have,nt sent anyone any pms, except those who know me and i have sent others pm, its because i dont like, my friends being slured and decived by double talking, i do whatch for spam closely, and they here, they just hiding so hopefully it gets cleared up, steve i do know how hard your job is, i think its a shame, they wanna come in here, we just a chosen a few get their soul fed, and tear it down, VERLIY HE SAID WOE, Like Tom Petty I wont Back Down, PEACE BE WITH YOU TODAY IN THE NAMES THATS ABOVE ALL OTHER NAMES IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS, BLESSINGS AND STRENGETH,

nagpo 08-24-2010 12:10 PM

All right, cool Steve.

VJ Raven 08-24-2010 01:06 PM

Understood and thanks for letting us know, Steve. :)

TrulyAmazing 08-24-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJ Raven
Understood and thanks for letting us know, Steve. :)

I therefore give ya EXCIBT A, that same crocodile ways, :) that will decive the world, ;) i,ll be a whatching you, Lovley Pic, It Really Looks Better, than the real you, cant wait to OLD TRULY LEAVES THE BUILDING, Can Ya, Peace Be with You, In JESUS NAME,

Dogstar 08-30-2010 02:59 PM

I hope that if you do go with a redesign, it doesn't include too many images or other graphic elements that slow page loading. Some of us have older computers ;). This place is really easy to use and navigate.

TrulyAmazing 08-30-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I hope that if you do go with a redesign, it doesn't include too many images or other graphic elements that slow page loading. Some of us have older computers ;). This place is really easy to use and navigate.

:coffee: yeah i know it, just got off my great space coaster, :laugh: sobered up before i hit the brady shuffle, :roll: .....PRAISE JESUS, easy to navigate, Got Some Stuff, i need to over, see if we can get it sorta sparkling, in here, we needs some colors, skettles 711, or something, or neonnirvanit, im serious, can we get martha stewart, we have things in common, with our paroles, should be beautiful, .........:rockon:

nagpo 10-24-2010 11:42 PM

What are the chances of this coming to fruition before the end of this year? And how is it looking so far?

TrulyAmazing 10-25-2010 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

What are the chances of this coming to fruition before the end of this year? And how is it looking so far?

you want the sugar coated, truth prept for the faint, of heart, or the cold hard truth, we as ships, that always comes before us, and passes us not, i,ll give you time to think that about, that i,ll get back with ya....:rockon: .....:laugh: serious serious, so help me Lord, Im Backed Up A Pretty Good Bit and not behind by no means, but i always consider, to go ahead and get caught up, with whats on the back burner, than when can Countinue ,On More Of More Balanced Routine, We Our In The Zone Of STRONG music , And Strongly Deep In The Word, so i hope to see few INTERUPTIONS, and distractions within this upcoming year, PRAISE JESUS, dont leave nobody out THERE IS NO OPTION FOR THAT, I Respect Others Lifes, And Distraction Who Find It Hard, To Stay A Float In deep Waters, The LORD JEHOVHOA GOD Will Be There Strengeth, So To Round This Topic, TIME IS NEEDED, For ISAREL i do agree, that was brought up in one of the govermeant, speaches last week, but which b/c there as been so many as of late, i cant recall, Its About Time, My Friend , i dont see to big a change in a drastic change of this year, or no where near it for that matter, BUT SOON I FEEL , so everybody Love One Another The Way He Loves Us, AND BE STRONG IN GOD AND HE WILL BE STRONG YOU, so lets endure with love, patients, and thanksgiving, time is needed, you can look at the siution by an old simple phrase you can either see the glass half empty or half full, Im one Of Those Who All Was Sees The Glass As Being Half empty Never Full, Knowing The Trouble Our Nation Is Today, BUT SEEING THAT BETTER HOPE EMERGING As Light Speed, Since Never Was Since There Was A Nation, I,ll Leave Ya,s With Trulys Thought For Today, THE WORLD IS COUNTINUALLY SPINING , Ever Notice How We Never FEEL IT Because THERE Is Gravity That Gravity Of Daddys Hands HOLDING EVERYTHING IN HIS HANDS, i do see more disfuction in the systems and work places, thats causing confusion distractions and of course great henderings to the way things should be, Im In Total Agreemeant Others Should Know How To Do There Jobs SO We Can Do Ours....PEACE BE WITH US, I will Stand Though with a 24 month period Starting The First Of Year, Be Whatchfull And Pray Without Cease, Like A Theif In The Night... So I Feel 100 Percent Life Emerging, Everybody Is Able To Stand, That Stand, Keep The Faith LET BE YOUR FRIEND, Lets All Try To Have A Beautiful Day, or close to it as we get it, sometimes perfect peace and harmoney those which have been partakers of these cruel warfares, causes shock, so like MR BIG, just sorta gotta Lean Into It, And Not Depend On Outsiders, But Family And Friends, And Home Churches, :rockon:

VJ Raven 10-28-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar

And there are some of us that still have dial up internet service... Yeah, I'm one of the ones that are behind the times!!! *laughs*

JulieCitySlicker 10-28-2010 05:18 PM

I'm up for a redesign! The brown color kinda reminds me of a terd :D Change is an AWESOME thing:)

TrulyAmazing 10-29-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker
I'm up for a redesign! The brown color kinda reminds me of a terd :D Change is an AWESOME thing:)

:hugs: :hugs: :) my Julie girl My Julie Girl, you need one of those, Eddie Money Numbers, who indeed, was a smart mate, Even after Billboard Success, Kurt Corbain As Well, Eddie Shoped Happliy At K_MART And Kurt Kept , His Same Car, i find these 2 God Like, The Rest I Find Like One Wise Man TITLED Another Chart Toper, WHITE TRASH WITH MONEY, Get Back To Cooking My Julie So U Can Taste, Just Like Apple Pie, We Singing, No By By, ......:rockon: the color be nice, think not like the crowd, It Be, CREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......:hypno: :hypno: the color that repersents the taste to keep all happy, :hugs: my julie girl ...THE BEAUTY OF SIMPLISTY, My God My God, I Love Ya Now, some never learn how to just Walk That Way, Miss The How Point For Miles And Miles ....Peace Be With You,

Lunar Shadow 12-01-2010 06:52 AM

I am for a redesign a fresh new look for the site would be nice :)

TrulyAmazing 12-01-2010 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow

In about 24 Month Period My Friend, its odd to i, why you dont not like, the colors of the magic sand the place not made by hands, sounds like you be a oh little confused, :peacelove PEACE BE WITH US IN JESUS NAME BLESSINGS AND STRENGETH We I WISH TO UPLIFT THAT PRAISE AMOUNG THE UNICORN, Exdous 23>thou shal not offer the blood of my sacrafice with leavend bread neither shall the fat of my sacrafice remain untill the morning the first fruits of the land thou shalt bring into the house of thy lord thy GOD, Thou Shalt Not Seethe A Kid In His Mothers Milk, FOR THIS BE HIGHER GROUND, ......................And Those Walls Be Inside Us And All Around Us, We,ve Heared It All Before Its The Same Old Song Dance, The Old Letters Burn, Bear One Another In Love The Way He Loves Us,

nagpo 12-01-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow

Probably wont ever happen.

TrulyAmazing 12-01-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Probably wont ever happen.

...........:roll: i would love to take the day off and whatch stir crazy, with richard pryer and gene wilder, im Bad ...:cool: :thud: but i,ve got yet another speach to prepare, need a lot of prayer with that from time time ya get lucky by Acident or what the Atheist Love Circumstances i agree there as well, b/c loves ya to, with todays christian socitey of ironing pants and getting that cake their on time to here noisy kids with no manors run up and down the hall during prayer time is just what we need to understand us and hear us oh Lord :laugh: i can see why most rather would be an atheist PRAISE JESUS peace be with loves, We Love Creed.....:rockon:, im bringing up the Athesist topic because i Know Lunar Shadow Is One, Unless He has had change of heart, i just made it better, the lord has mercy upon us, :laugh:

Buried And Gone 12-12-2010 08:54 PM

Aaaaannnnnyyyy day now.

TrulyAmazing 12-13-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried And Gone
Aaaaannnnnyyyy day now.

i,ll be the reason that ya tell the boys NO you can walk out on me tonite If You Think That Aint FEELING RIGHT, Sweet Darlin They Aint No Getting Over Meh, YOU A RONNIE MILSAP FAN TOOOOO, :dancing: :note: Do the stressfull times sug sis ain,t going Write Ya up, Cuz i love ya to much, i,ve been kinda busy with all things, to keep us moving safe and happy, Now Ya,alls Is My Standers, i expect nothing more or less of that meassure but to stand AND ENDURE, For Everyones Great Outcomer THE WORST FEAR WOULD BE AT THESE TIMES, We Gets Contempary Muisic,ed to death, Lets All do try to stay focused, changing tides will in fact emerge, as lowering taxes sug is the primary concern, across the usa,