CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WTF is this! Scott doing promo on Creeds site! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9742)

RoffeDH 10-11-2005 04:21 PM

WTF is this! Scott doing promo on Creeds site!

I think this is realy bad of Scott to do promo on the Creed site... Don't you?

TeriB19 10-11-2005 04:53 PM

What are you talking about?

creedchick02 10-11-2005 05:03 PM

That's not Scott, that's probably the labels idea.

Ana4Stapp 10-11-2005 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
What are you talking about?

:rolleyes: Maybe it helps:http://www.creed.com/

Quote:

Exclusive fan offer: two ways to get "The Great Divide"!
Head to Music Today now for your chance to buy a Digital Single Download of "The Great Divide" - or if you prefer, pre-order THE GREAT DIVIDE album, and you'll receive a Digital Single Download as a free bonus
!

WOW!!! Its all I can say! :eek:

titan9 10-11-2005 07:33 PM

I can pretty much guarantee you that this was NOT Scott's doing. WU obviously owns and runs all of the official sites, and I don't believe the artists have any say about what gets put on the site. Example: remember that answer posted on Creed's FAQ section? The one about Stapp saying "who are we to say that being a Christian is the only way to go to Heaven?" or something along those lines? Stapp said last year that WU put that up, not him, and that he never said such a thing. Of course, he could be lying, but I kinda doubt it.

As for his CD being advertised on the Creed site, you know what? I'm not offended by it. As Mark has said himself, a lot of people still do not know that Creed broke up. Perhaps people will go to the official site and see this CD being advertised and figure out that Creed is done, and that Stapp is a solo artist now. If U2 breaks up tomorrow and Bono goes solo and comes out with a record of his own, I'm willing to bet that his record label would do the same thing as WU. Now you might be saying "why didn't they do the same for AB?" The answer is kinda simple: like it or not, Scott WAS the voice for Creed, he got the most attention, and lead singers generally are the most popular, most known and are thought of as the most important individual member in the band. I don't at all agree with this, but that's the way it pretty much is. AB is a new band that wants a fresh start. They don't want to be known for having 3/4 of Creed. They want to be known for AB's music. Stapp, on the other hand, has gone solo and it appears that he'll be making music similar to Creed's music. It only makes sense that WU would promote Stapp's new CD on his old band's web site.

Ana4Stapp 10-12-2005 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Now you might be saying "why didn't they do the same for AB?" The answer is kinda simple: like it or not, Scott WAS the voice for Creed, he got the most attention, and lead singers generally are the most popular, most known and are thought of as the most important individual member in the band. ..

Yeah, I dont agree with that, but its true. But I think WU should do the same for AB because they were resposible for Creed sucess as well.

Quote:

AB is a new band that wants a fresh start. They don't want to be known for having 3/4 of Creed. They want to be known for AB's music.
So... you are saying that Stapp prefers to be know from now on as the guy from Creed?
Anyway its easier... :rolleyes:

RoffeDH 10-12-2005 02:13 PM

You guys might be right... I'm probobly just a bit sick of Stapp for the moment. Thinking of all that he's done and said. Or WU has done... Maybe I shuld be mad at WU...

titan9 10-12-2005 02:19 PM

Definitely be mad at WU. I'm sick to death of the way that they treat artists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
So... you are saying that Stapp prefers to be know from now on as the guy from Creed?

Perhaps, but I meant that Stapp is apparently going to make music very similar to the music that he and the rest of Creed made. However, with how he has been acting lately, it wouldn't surprise me if he wants to be known as the guy from Creed.

RMadd 10-12-2005 04:37 PM

so what's the big deal? he used to be in Creed, and the label's electing to support him because he's still a former member of the Creed "family." if i'm not mistaken, was there not mention of AB just over a year ago, w/ regard to Mark & their album?

The Lithium 10-12-2005 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
I think this is realy bad of Scott to do promo on the Creed site... Don't you?

But I think that is all up to Wind-Up. And I think they promoted AB there as well.

RoffeDH 10-12-2005 06:05 PM

That point have been made (that it's upp to screw-up) and yeah, a minor notice on the news board is all I've seen... Not much to scream for but yeah WU did...

Bridge of Clay 10-12-2005 11:33 PM

that's too much drama.

Creed.com linked to AB.com when ODR was about to be released as well.

RoffeDH 10-13-2005 06:32 AM

Okey... Just that the reson I got upsett was becouse it feels so tipically Stapp of doing this! Now I know it wasn't Stapp who did it but that's what I'm thinking...

The Lithium 10-13-2005 09:15 AM

If I was someone who had only heard Creed a couple of times and were interested in them and visited their website, I'd be very happy if they had linked to both AB and Stapp. I think they're only doing it "to be nice", so to speak. And well... For the promotion, of course.

Dogstar 10-13-2005 12:57 PM

Heh, I didn't notice the word "solo" on that page anywhere. Screw Up is counting on people not knowing the Creed broke up. Misleading bastages.