CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   creed for thought (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11833)

creedmarine81 10-10-2007 07:03 PM

creed for thought

If a miracle happened and creed reformed how would they place in music today? would their music be popular or hated more? why?

RMadd 10-10-2007 07:40 PM

Re: creed for thought

Hated more, undoubtedly. But don't get your hopes up, they won't be reforming any time soon. Especially if your boy Stapp keeps shooting his career in the proverbial foot and sticking his foot in his literal mouth.

revisfoot 10-10-2007 08:55 PM

They would undoubtedly be hated for a number of reasons. First off, it would be seen as a sell-out ploy by the guys in Alter Bridge to reform Creed. AB are nowhere near the "cash-cow" Creed WAS, therefore, I think a lot of people would look down upon a reunion. Secondly, it's just simply a point that the whole "post-grunge" thing has died out. It hit its peak around 99-01, but has since become very disregarded. So, yeah, let the guys do what they're doing now. AB - rocking out. Stapp - whatever Stapp does.

J.T. 10-11-2007 04:06 PM

They would be hated more, probaly.

But I know for a fact Creed will never, EVER, get back together. Ever.

=D

Scorpion King 10-11-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.T.
But I know for a fact Creed will never, EVER, get back together. Ever.

=D

Probably not. But we can't be 100% sure.

On topic, they probably would be hated. But the hate would die down. I honestly feel that if the band had stayed together, that they wouldn't be so maligned by now. They would just be another band.

creedmarine81 10-12-2007 10:17 AM

shit .. i thought someone would throw some positive feedback in there.. i think in all honesty creed could still take the spotlight away from all the fruity bands out there right now.. i think if anything the only groups to topple creed right now is nickleback, godsmack, staind..... yet i know creed would be accepted and it would be big for music if they did reunite..............

J.T. 10-12-2007 04:31 PM

If Creed did get back together, which I severely doubt, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I love Creed, I still listen to all their albums, and they're still in my top ten favorite bands list. But they've been done for a while now...and I'm kinda attatched to Alter Bridge and Stapp solo...=|

creedmarine81 10-12-2007 04:32 PM

J.T. why??? dissapointed.. thought you were a creed fan.......... or has alter bridge gained your favor?

J.T. 10-12-2007 04:33 PM

Yep, edited my post. That explains it. And yeah, Alter Bridge is my all time favorite band now.

Dogstar 10-16-2007 02:32 AM

I think Creed had their lightning-in-a-bottle moment, but I'm thankful they did. I think with all that has happened between them, the magic just wouldn't be there anymore.

nagpo 10-22-2007 06:13 PM

it would be recieved the same. hated more tho. sell less proly to.

Redeemer 11-10-2007 02:26 PM

Bad idea, all across the board, and I'm sure I don't have to explain why since you all did it for me :D

Chase 11-11-2007 02:31 AM

I don't know if they would be more hated. I think it all depends on the type of music they would make. It they kept with the same type of radio friendly, "My Sacrifice" type songs, they probably would be really hated. However, Matchbox Twenty recently started making some new tunes... and they had such a fanbase from their heyday, that they're still capable of selling records and having a sold out tour.

Then again, bands like Fuel, Puddle of Mudd, and Staind have died down in popularity, but Nickelback and 3 Doors Down are still going strong. I think Nickelback has taken on Creed's torch as being the band that people either love or hate.

It's hard to say with Creed. They were really popular, so people would buy their music and pay to see them live. But would they be more hated? It all depends on the tunes and Stapp's antics, on and offstage.