CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AB will be the next VanHalen (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10667)

WhatSayYou 03-09-2006 12:41 AM

AB will be the next VanHalen

I predict that AB will be end up just like VanHalen......successful with the original singer, moderate success with the replacement singer.....then fade into to shadows.:roll:

Torn Daredevil 03-09-2006 01:07 AM

Re: AB will be the next VanHalen

That makes no sense... Van Halen was always one band. Creed and Alter Bridge are two very different bands.

What is accurate is that Scott Stapp is the next Axl Rose, and I mean that in the worst way possible.

eusebioCBR 03-09-2006 01:55 AM

So that means Scott Stapp will end up like David Lee Roth!:roll:

altered 03-09-2006 04:36 AM

Actually Van Halen was very succesful with there second singer, It was the third one that killed them. Calling Myles the second singer in Creed is like calling Chris the second singer in Rage, they are 2 different bands. I think it will be even more obvious on ABs next release.

The Lithium 03-09-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatSayYou
moderate success with the replacement singer

Myles is not a replacement, genius!

Quote:

Originally Posted by altered
Calling Myles the second singer in Creed is like calling Chris the second singer in Rage, they are 2 different bands. I think it will be even more obvious on ABs next release.

WORD!!!!

Justify 03-09-2006 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil
That makes no sense... Van Halen was always one band. Creed and Alter Bridge are two very different bands.

What is accurate is that Scott Stapp is the next Axl Rose, and I mean that in the worst way possible.

Scott won't be the next Axl Rose. I really wonder how all you people who hate Stapp ever came to like Creed.

eusebioCBR 03-09-2006 12:33 PM

recognizing a persons bizarre behavior does not equal hate.

RoffeDH 03-09-2006 12:39 PM

And I did love Stapp, but right now I've grown away from that, I was young and stupid! :D

RoffeDH 03-09-2006 12:41 PM

Oh... AND I SECOND LITH! Smart ass!

Creed7352 03-09-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justify
Scott won't be the next Axl Rose. I really wonder how all you people who hate Stapp ever came to like Creed.

i don't hate stapp....i started listening to creed because of mark tremonti. because i play guitar and he was/is damn good and i look to him as a role model for guitar playing. i didn't mind stapp before, but now it's easy to see through his lies and deceptions (not from the entire time with creed, but for the last 2 years). he even carries it on today to some degree. i have his cd, and i listen to it as well. like i said, i don't hate stapp, i just don't agree with all the things he's done. i also don't think he should be playing 7 creed songs (1 song short of how many he's doing of his OWN songs) on his "scott stapp solo tour." in time, that will take it's toll on the goneblind guys...if he wants to do some creed songs, i think he should do wawo, higher, my sacrifice, and maybe one....leave the rest alone; if you want to fill out your set more, pick some cover tunes..that would be more interesting to me and make the shows more enjoyable. that's just my opinion though.

RMadd 03-09-2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

:hammerlol

but, i can see where he's coming from... granted, they need to be successful in terms of album sales and, thus far, AB pales in comparison to Hagar-era VH.

RMadd 03-09-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justify

like eusebio said, just b/c we think they make questionable (even stupid, moronic) decisions in their private life doesn't mean we hate them as an artist. d'oh! :chillpill

nagpo 03-09-2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

youre an idiot, and your stapp hating posts are annoying. just thought u should know.

Bridge of Clay 03-09-2006 08:25 PM

well Ryan... his set is made of 8 covers of Creed! lol

Creed7352 03-09-2006 08:42 PM

it's 8 now? i thought it was 8 stapp and 7 creed...lol. but i mean other covers...not creed ones. i'd like to hear him do some other songs.