CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stapp will be playing Creed songs on tour!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7705)

fluttergirl 11-12-2004 05:48 PM

Sorry bout the double post, but Steve's post wasnt there when i last looked. And yes that was what I was trying to say. And yes, I would be upset if Myles sung a Creed song.

TeriB19 11-12-2004 06:08 PM

Steve said exactly what the point is. AB didn't find a 'replacement' for Stapp. Myles won't be singing any Creed songs. He's not Stapp's 'replacement'. He's the lead singer for a NEW band. When Keith Moon died, The Who tapped Kenny Jones as a replacement drummer. They were still The Who. The didn't break up at the time. Creed broke up. And it's just too soon to think of hearing Stapp sing Creed with someone playing Tremonti's melodies and Flip's drum beats.

Steve 11-12-2004 08:10 PM

Also, just to set the record straight, I'm not saying Stapp can't play Creed songs. He can if he wants. I don't care. My point is that he shouldn't play Creed songs. I'm not telling Stapp what to do, I'm just voicing my opinion on this topic. Like fluttergirl said, I'm not trying to make anyone agree with me. Myself, and others who agree, are simply trying to get those who disagree to at least understand our point of view. It seems that many "die-hard" Stapp supporters do not.

Dogstar 11-12-2004 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Again, you aren't getting the point. The issue isn't about Stapp finding a new band, or "ex-Creed" guys finding a new singer. It's about performing Creed songs with a band that is not 100% Creed so early on after the breakup. I may be wrong, but I think the point that fluttergirl was making was that Stapp found replacements to perform Creed songs - as he said they'd perform Creed songs live. Not just the simple fact that Stapp found a band to back him.

If Alter Bridge started performing Creed songs right now, I would be upset as well. I think it would be cool to hear Myles sing a Creed song or two, but not now. It's just not right.

Well said.

Mr. Prophet Man 11-13-2004 12:38 AM

link to the interview please?

The Lithium 11-19-2004 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Also, just to set the record straight, I'm not saying Stapp can't play Creed songs. He can if he wants. I don't care. My point is that he shouldn't play Creed songs.

Well said, man!

cariocawlad 11-19-2004 09:52 AM

He is looking like Axel and his new Guns n' Roses...

The Lithium 11-19-2004 10:29 AM

Who? Scott?

Agent D 11-19-2004 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Who? Scott?

No, Scott Weiland haha.

Bridge of Clay 11-19-2004 03:07 PM

Besides, if Stapp is doing Creed songs, it sounds like lack of creativity to me. I know he has potential to do more songs that are as good as his previous work with Creed. Granted it won't be so good guitar wise, but lyrically and vocally, yes.

livetodream 11-24-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimontana
I think Scott can do whatever he wants to do. At th end of the day he wrote the lyrics os the song so what!!!! AB is offering something new, something fresh, a new vision all of them share. Scott doesn´t need to ask anyone what he needs to sing...we will see the results of his solo career. Any way i wish him good luck.

My some of these threads are intense!! LOL Well I think a lot of the CREED songs are personal to Scott...if they are a part of him or important to him then let the man do what he needs to do!!

fluttergirl 11-24-2004 02:46 PM

And are they not personal to the guys in alter bridge?
Are they not personal to th fans as songs collectively played by those four (five counting Brett) guys?

Torn Signs 11-24-2004 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
And are they not personal to the guys in alter bridge?
Are they not personal to th fans as songs collectively played by those four (five counting Brett) guys?

It can be viewed in so many ways that the ultimate person to choose what will be done is God himself. And Stapp still sings w/ the strength with those songs. I get you where you want the same background music and all, that that is sort of disrespect for the fans and AB, that Stapp may be wrong for doing so, but those songs shouldn't die either cuz their messages are still important. I don't want it to just be where I have to buy the greatest hits CD or expect the radio to play old hits to hear those messages.

livetodream 11-24-2004 03:31 PM

I am sure that some of the songs are personal to the other guys as well, and they have the right to play them, just choose not too. There is no real right or wrong here just a matter of choice for them as well as for us, we can like the idea or we can hate it ya know. Just working in this industry for so long I guess i tend to see both sides of the coin and try to have a fair view of it.

livetodream 11-24-2004 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Signs
It can be viewed in so many ways that the ultimate person to choose what will be done is God himself. And Stapp still sings w/ the strength with those songs. I get you where you want the same background music and all, that that is sort of disrespect for the fans and AB, that Stapp may be wrong for doing so, but those songs shouldn't die either cuz their messages are still important. I don't want it to just be where I have to buy the greatest hits CD or expect the radio to play old hits to hear those messages.

Amen!!! if the man chooses to play them then so be it, if anyone disagrees or doesn't like it then they can choose not to go see him when he tours.