CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New Pearl Jam Cd! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5821)

Karen 02-10-2004 10:40 PM

New Pearl Jam Cd!

LOST DOGS! Anyone heard it yet?

Dogstar 02-10-2004 11:01 PM

Hell, yeah...Been out for a few months. Good, good stuff. Do you have it? If not, get it. Well worth it.

RMadd 02-10-2004 11:06 PM

I've got it... had it for some time. But they sound a lot like Creed. I was surprised to find Scotty wasn't the lead singer.

Karen 02-10-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Hell, yeah...Been out for a few months. Good, good stuff. Do you have it? If not, get it. Well worth it.

Yes...I got it today! Didn't realise that it had been out for a few months though! Going to listen to it in a few.

LOL! Did you see the quote from Ed? If you love somebody, set them free,...if someone loves you, don't f*** up!

Dogstar 02-10-2004 11:45 PM

LMAO, yeah...the man has a way with words!

Karen 02-10-2004 11:53 PM

Quote:

LMAO, yeah...the man has a way with words!

You got that right!

I sometimes wonder why there isn't a tee-pee's r us!!!

LMFAO!

hide 02-11-2004 12:37 AM

the man is a genius, a word thrown out so much but here its fits! "We've done quite well out of teenage death songs over the years" :) When I saw new Pearl Jam CD I was thinking what the? Brad is in the studio as we speak so we can expect a new album this year (PJ side-group featuring Shawn Smith and PJ guitarist Stone Gossard.) So many great songs on that Sad, Down, Alone, Hard to Imagine, Leavin Here, Footsteps and left off some songs that are as good as them.

Karen 02-11-2004 12:48 PM

Yeah dude, I was thinking the same!

I listened to one of the cd's last night. Funny, as I prefer the harder stuff, but I really like Last Kiss. I love the melody. And Sweet Lew?! I dunno...it just sounds so.....non Pearl Jam!? That one surprised me.

PS! Hell yeah...Ed is a genious! ;)

What's everyones most fav PJ song?

Karen 02-11-2004 04:08 PM

I listened to the other cd today.

OOOOOOOMG! A couple of songs...I had to check and make sure it was PJ! LOL! Leavin Here was so different. Loved the blues sound! That song is AWESOME! Really fun track. Glad they put one on for us chicks!

"Hey fella's, have you heard the news?
The women of this town are being misused...." :)

Dogstar 02-11-2004 09:47 PM

There are so many cool songs on it. I'm really glad they put this out.

hide 02-12-2004 12:33 AM

my fav Pj song is my sig! :)

Other fav include some of the classics such as Alive, Black, Yellow Ledbetter but also I Am Mine, Fatal, Sad, Otherside, Go, Nothingman, Tremor Christ, Present Tense, Given to Fly and the like. This is a great little collection, and they could easily do Lost Cats :)

Karen 02-12-2004 10:34 PM

Dude...thanks for the PJ link! I've already signed up! That site is bangin! See ya around! :)

Karen 02-12-2004 10:37 PM

Quote:

There are so many cool songs on it. I'm really glad they put this out.

Right on dude! I am just so surprised at how much I like "Leavin' Here." It's awesome! Love the guitars, the beat, and LYRICS! lol

Dogstar 02-12-2004 10:38 PM

Eddie's a great writer, IMO...the man can tell a story like nobody's business.

Karen 02-12-2004 10:52 PM

I agree with you on that one! The track "Hard to Imagine!" It's amazing how they've put that song together and made it work. The lyrics are very sad. Sad "story" in that song...but it's doesn't make you feel sad (Or is it just me? lol). They've got some amazing tracks on this cd!

CreedH8er 02-12-2004 11:00 PM

I have never liked Pearl Jam. Don't know why, just don't like their sound, it's way unappealing to me. I think there is better music out there.

jango 02-13-2004 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
I've got it... had it for some time. But they sound a lot like Creed. I was surprised to find Scotty wasn't the lead singer.

Whoa... ... whoa. That's blasphemy.

RMadd 02-13-2004 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jango

Whoa.... whoa.... I was trying to make a joke.

Dogstar 02-13-2004 11:06 PM

Quote:

:D INDEED!

archie bunker 02-14-2004 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreedH8er
I have never liked Pearl Jam. Don't know why, just don't like their sound, it's way unappealing to me. I think there is better music out there.

I'll tell you why he sounds like he's taking a shit when he sings :D

Karen 02-14-2004 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archie bunker

:eek: ..... :eek: ..... :eek: ..... :eek: ..... :eek: !!!

hide 02-14-2004 10:39 PM

blashphemer! Jango get him! :) You don't like PJ and post in this thread an on a Creed board your nick is Creed Hater???????

Karen no sweat about the link hope you enjoy yourself there! Be warned that Creed doesn't receive the best reception there but have no fear! I cop my fair share but I stand and be counted! :) In fact I do such a good job I think Creed owes me big time. How bout free backstage passes next tour? :) I haven't seen a "Karen" there do have a different nick there?

hide 02-14-2004 11:49 PM

i'm trying to convert but its so hard! One person now is offically in love with Mark Tremonti after hearing his shredding solo from WAWO. Many thanks to www.tremonti.net! :)

Karen 02-15-2004 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
blashphemer! Jango get him! :) You don't like PJ and post in this thread an on a Creed board your nick is Creed Hater???????

Karen no sweat about the link hope you enjoy yourself there! Be warned that Creed doesn't receive the best reception there but have no fear! I cop my fair share but I stand and be counted! :) In fact I do such a good job I think Creed owes me big time. How bout free backstage passes next tour? :) I haven't seen a "Karen" there do have a different nick there?

Lol Hide! i was gonna tell him he had to leave this thread!! I mean, why go into a PJ thread if ya don't like them!

Thanks again Hide! I am enjoying myself over at the PJ site. And you know now that I go by "Karen" there too? ;)

Yes! I think Creed should give you backstages passes....and the whole nine yards! I'll bet you...if Mark saw this he'd give it to ya! :)

Dogstar 02-15-2004 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
i'm trying to convert but its so hard! One person now is offically in love with Mark Tremonti after hearing his shredding solo from WAWO. Many thanks to www.tremonti.net! :)

Ya know, over at the Jerry board there was thread called, Songs you like by horrible bands...a lot of people finally admitted to actually liking some Creed songs and some even fessed up about liking the band, though they don't like Scott. That doesn't happen too much over there. Most of them say they hate Creed, but I think there are a lot more closet Creed fans out there...Somebody's buying those records ;).

jango 02-18-2004 01:34 AM

Quote:

So that must mean that Mr. Stapp is then gargling it when he records his albums. It all makes sense now.

archie bunker 02-19-2004 12:04 PM

pearl jam shouldnt even be used when mentioning stapp.He could never be stapp no matter how hard he trys.......very diffrent voices :D

creedsister 02-19-2004 12:52 PM

:mad1:
Quote:

pearl jam shouldnt even be used when mentioning stapp.He could never be stapp no matter how hard he trys.......very diffrent voices :D

Yes I know it girl That dont make you mad} Peal jam sucks!!!!Morons!!! I dont know were they get stapp sounds like fricking Eddie!!!Eddie Wished!!!!!!!!

Dogstar 02-19-2004 01:55 PM

Archie bunker, I normally can't read your inane posts (you are on my ignore list) unless someone quotes you, as creedsister did. So this is directed mostly at you, archie...

As much as I like Scott, he is not nearly the vocalist or writer that Eddie V. is. And, Eddie V. came first, by the way, so there would be no way that he would be trying to sound like Scott. He doesn't have to sound like Scott. He doesn't have to sound like anybody else because he's an awesome singer with his own unique sound.
And if you don't like Pearl Jam, why don't you stay out of the thread and let the rest of us who do like the band talk in peace without reading uniformed baseless comments about them. Thanks :D.

archie bunker 02-19-2004 05:17 PM

dogstar i never said eddie was trying to sound like scott i'm not stupid i know when pearl jam came out!!And if i'm on your ignore list what the hell are you doing talking to me cause i care as much 4 you as you do me if not less,and i will talk in any thread i want big boss man!!so hopefully since you cant see this, one of your buddies will tell you or respond on my post so your little eyes can see it!! ALL RIGHTY THEN AN THANK YA VERY MUCH :cuss:

TeriB19 02-19-2004 05:44 PM

Alright archie bunker. Number one, the reason Dogstar said she wishes people would stop quoting you is because even though you are on her ignore list, when someone quotes you, she has no other choice but to see what you have to say. Secondly, if you don't like PJ, stay out of the PJ thread. I am not a fan of PJ myself, and therefore I don't post in this thread. This is yet another warning to you about your attitude towards senior members of this bb. Lastly, Dogstar isn't a big boss man, she's a big boss woman who up until now has been very tolerant of your behavior. Keep it up and I guarantee she won't be as tolerant in the future.

In summation, if you don't like PJ, stay out of the PJ thread.

Steve 02-19-2004 06:21 PM

archie,

I warned you once before when you first registered... now this? Please don't start things on the board. Teri has now warned you a second time. This board uses a "three-strike" policy. If you don't like certain topics (such as a band), then don't bother posting in that thread. We will use temp-bans to get our message across if need be.

archie bunker 02-19-2004 06:41 PM

why is everybody getting mad i'm not the only one that said they didnt like them,I didnt even say nothing that was so bad for dogstar to get mad at me an start yelling at me on the thread anyway.

creedsister 02-21-2004 12:51 AM

ya know what archie i dont have a clue!!! You just Got To grow on people I guess!!! heres song verse for ya dont damn Me when i speak a peice Of mind because silents is not golden when im holding inside} it goes on!!! G.n,r DONT DAMN ME!!!! i dont!!! hehehe

jango 02-21-2004 01:42 AM

Quote:

why is everybody getting mad i'm not the only one that said they didnt like them,I didnt even say nothing that was so bad for dogstar to get mad at me an start yelling at me on the thread anyway.

When in the hell did this board become overrun by dumbasses?

TeriB19 02-21-2004 11:02 AM

See what happens when you go away for too long, Jango?

archie bunker 02-21-2004 12:36 PM

Quote:

When in the hell did this board become overrun by dumbasses?

see what i mean others are allowed to say what they want its alright though aint it?

TeriB19 02-21-2004 12:53 PM

Unfortunately, Jango's absolutely right. As of late, the bb has been overloaded with some who want to come here and stir up trouble. Some come to cause trouble regarding the band, and others just want to be troublemakers. If your opinion is verbalized in an educated and respectful manner, it will be taken as such. But if you come to cause trouble and be disrespectful to the members who have been here a long time, you make yourself look like a troublemaker. Take that for what it's worth.

Dogstar 02-21-2004 01:17 PM

Look, archie bunker, you have come across as rude and obnoxious and you have annoyed a lot of people. You don't think before you post. Your aim seems to have been to stir up sh*t. Creedsister even mentioned a while ago that you were banned from some other board. That should tell you that your approach is not working. You can disagree with people, but you don't have to be a sh*t about it. Play nice with the other kids and maybe they'll let you stay.

archie bunker 02-21-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Look, archie bunker, you have come across as rude and obnoxious and you have annoyed a lot of people. You don't think before you post. Your aim seems to have been to stir up sh*t. Creedsister even mentioned a while ago that you were banned from some other board. That should tell you that your approach is not working. You can disagree with people, but you don't have to be a sh*t about it. Play nice with the other kids and maybe they'll let you stay.

i was banned on the other one cause i choose to be,an im not arguing with you no more but there is alot of people on here who talk just as bad if not worse i do like alot of people on here i think alot are nice an i enjoy talking to them there is alot of people on here who should have stuff said to them too but i think where you an i didnt hit it off from get go you choose me to argue with no offense to you but we are very diffrent people an thats all i can really say to you peace!!!!!