CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Americas Band Finished! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6825)

creedman 06-08-2004 02:48 AM

Americas Band Finished!

I read an article that said Americas Band is Over! The biggest and most sucessful band in the last decade and since the days of Guns n Roses have been dethroned. Creed reached places that very few bands have and ever will in a very short time only to end way too soon! They made so much great music and money together I wouldnt be surprised to see them back together at some point down the road. Time heals wounds and you never say never in the music buisness.

Lechium 06-08-2004 03:49 AM

Biggest band of past decade? Oh really?
They sold a lot, gotta give them that, but quality is not measured in money....

hayley 06-08-2004 04:19 AM

Yeah, the past decade, hmmm. :suave: I wonder if those facts are true.

Who wrote that article?

aussiecreeder 06-08-2004 04:58 AM

well in units moved they are clearly the biggest band of the decade. there were bands throughout that decade that at one time were bigger both for exposure and cultural impact but for the objective measure of sales they were no.1.

Alter Shredder 06-08-2004 11:24 AM

my question is who is number one now, the only rock band i can think of selling a lot, would be Linkin Park. Who else could we say is the "biggest" rock band?

Lechium 06-08-2004 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
well in units moved they are clearly the biggest band of the decade. there were bands throughout that decade that at one time were bigger both for exposure and cultural impact but for the objective measure of sales they were no.1.

They sold a lot in America, and MUCH less abroad. When I think if biggest band of a decade, it's more along the lines of Norvana or Pearl Jam, not their cheap immitators.

PaulMcCoygirl 06-08-2004 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iced
my question is who is number one now, the only rock band i can think of selling a lot, would be Linkin Park. Who else could we say is the "biggest" rock band?

I must say that I like Linkin Park, but I'm not a huge fanatic and I don't think I would call them the biggest rock band just yet. Honestly I really don't know who would be called the "biggest" rock band. There are too many successful bands to tell right now. For all we know Alter Bridge may be the next biggest band. :D
Even though Creed is over with, they will always be the biggest rock band to me because of the way their music touched so many people's lives.

hayley 06-08-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iced

Linkin Park, I doubt it. They are very popular, but I don't think they would be the biggest "rock" band now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium
When I think if biggest band of a decade, it's more along the lines of Norvana or Pearl Jam

Yep, Nirvana defenitly. Pearl Jam, maybe. Metallica. U2. Hmmm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMcCoygirl
For all we know Alter Bridge may be the next biggest band.:D

Let's hope. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMcCoygirl
Even though Creed is over with, they will always be the biggest rock band to me because of the way their music touched so many people's lives.

Yes, I agree. :thumbsup: Creed will always be my favourite band, and I will forever be greatful for what they gave me, they helped me believe in myself and to be strong during the tough times. I love Creed, and I always will. They may not be together, but I am going to continue listening to their music, and keeping the Creed strength strong.

But, Alter Bridge will be my next favourite band. :p

Higher_Desire 06-08-2004 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedman
I read an article that said Americas Band is Over! The biggest and most sucessful band in the last decade and since the days of Guns n Roses have been dethroned. Creed reached places that very few bands have and ever will in a very short time only to end way too soon! They made so much great music and money together I wouldnt be surprised to see them back together at some point down the road. Time heals wounds and you never say never in the music buisness.

OH MY GOD! Creed broke up! :eek: Why didn't someone tell me!? There haven't been any threads about that here ever. :rolleyes:

H-D :pimp:

creedsister 06-08-2004 11:53 PM

[quote=Lechium]Biggest band of past decade? Oh really?
They sold a lot, gotta give them that, but quality is not measured in money....[/QUOTE :hugs: Lech :D

The Lithium 06-09-2004 03:04 AM

Stapp and Alter Bridge haven't talked to each other for 4 month. Creed won't reunite for a long time, if they will!

hayley 06-09-2004 05:15 AM

These things can happen, bands can get back together, but I don't see it happening in the near future, if Alter Bridge become REALLY popular, I don't see Creed reforming.