CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Your City, Town, Country and People (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5940)

Mulletman 02-29-2004 07:41 PM

I prefer to see a crackhead freak out on the escalator, i guess we're just different. i love being able to wake up in the morning, look out the window and see the sun rise over the city scape and say to myself... fuck it, two more hours. I like being able to take a date out to dinner and a show at the theatre district downtown with all the lights and people.

Dogstar 02-29-2004 07:47 PM

Hmmm, having lived now in several settings, I think I've decided that I have to be near a big city, but not necessarily in the middle of it. I love that I have access to so much culture and music and history in Philly, but yet, I live right near a beautiful city park that gives me the greenery and scenery I need. I'm only 10 miles from downtown, but I have my little yard and trees. And as much as love the country, I could never live too far from all the fun :D.

Mulletman 02-29-2004 08:44 PM

i cannot be more than five minutes from a starbucks, borders, electronics store, computer store, or theatre

TeriB19 02-29-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
And as much as love the country, I could never live too far from all the fun :D.

Darling I love you but give me Park Avenue. Greeeeeeeeeeeeeen Acres is the place to be!!

Dogstar 02-29-2004 11:14 PM

Lmfao!

Dani 03-01-2004 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
Wow! We live here in a very very tiiiiiiiiiny country(Netherlands) with almost 16 million people!!!!!! Can you imagine that lollies????

Great picks of Sydney btw! :thumbsup:

The majority of Australia is too dry to support a lot of people so the major cities and population is situated along the coastline. Australia is almost as large as continental USA and when you compare the populations, you can see that there are lots of areas with a whole lot of nothing.

I would love to live in the Netherlands at some time, or at least visit, one thing Australia doesn't have is a long history and old architecture.

Xterminator27 03-01-2004 12:59 AM

i live in canada, we own the world

Mulletman 03-02-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
i live in canada, we own the world

correction, the French OWN you!

The Lithium 03-02-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
Wow!! That's so great! Over here it's just about 6 weeks before and 6 weeks after the "delivery" (strange word)... much too short!!

Yeah I know, it's awesome! And ain't it great that a father can get a year off and still be payed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWomen
:crying: :crying: :crying:

I want to move out of this country!!!!!!!!!

And I want you to move here! :D

WeatheredWoman 03-02-2004 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Yeah I know, it's awesome! And ain't it great that a father can get a year off and still be payed?

Great?? It's the BEST Lith! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
And I want you to move here! :D

Awwwww... that's soooo sweet of you!! :hugs:

Bridge of Clay 03-02-2004 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitebird
Tremonti Fed, I like the diversity that you discribe in Brazil. My sister was in South America a couple of years ago, and she loved it. The pictures were really beautiful. I have a friend that will be traveling there soon. Do you have any suggestion as to what he should do, and what he should not do?

And yes,I would like to hear more about it. Thanks.

Sure, feel free to PM or e-mail me. Just let me know where your friend is going to. It depends on what he/she 's intending to do: fun, relaxing or business.

PaulMcCoygirl 03-02-2004 10:31 PM

sounds like a place I would want to go........if I had money. lol

Aimee 03-03-2004 04:08 PM

I grew up in Flint, Michigan but been in Florida ten years now.
Where I grew up was a boomtown in the 1920's. Henry Ford made the area famous when he introduced the assembly line. Little did we know that would be the downfall of the human worker. Union pride is a big thing, you will not see too many foreign cars (that aren't busted up by the Union fellows). At first glance, Flint has become a shithole. Almost everyone draws unemployment due to corporate takeovers and lay-offs. Even the pride of its history is crumbling as the jails fill up. Downtown is ghostville where martial law prevails. Our mayors have all been crooked and bled money from the taxpayers without a care. But if you visit Flint, you will find some of the kindest people you would ever meet. The old families who stay make things better. The education I recieved at my high school was top notch due to the hard work of stubborn teachers (most of them white dealing with minority hatred and kiddie violence).
I live in Orlando,FL now. I thought it was a big city until I moved here. The biggest thing we're known for is Disney World. I like to joke that we've been infested by a giant rat. I moved here for the same reason most others did... money. There are tons of jobs to be found here, and most of the population is made up of young professionals who leave to raise their families somewhere else. Orlando has a lot of lakes, which keeps things cooler in the middle of summer. Traffic is hell. It takes at least an hour to get to the other side of town. The only public transportation we have is the bus system, which is at least mostly dependable.
Moving down to the south country after being raised in the northern cities was a huge culture shock for me. Everyone down here is much more laid back, not always in a rush... sometimes too slow!! The racial tension is different as well. Up north, it seemed that hatred was based on cultural differences and very much in-your-face. Down here, the hatred seems more ingrained and kept in the family.
I haven't found anyplace to keep my interest so far. I love NYC but it gets so cold!!! Haven't been out west much, but looking forward to it. A ideal place for me to be would be where the temp is usually 70-90 degrees F. Don't mind rain, but MUST have a coastline to gaze at. Artsy people and a cultural mix so I don't get bored. Any ideas? Hey it doesn't even have to be in the States.

Julbright 03-03-2004 04:28 PM

Orlando huh? Don't you ever feel like just finding scottie? anyway...

sounds like san diego kind of weather/culture? I have no real idea since I haven't been there since I was 8 but.....

whitebird 03-04-2004 11:48 AM

Tremonti Fed, thanks I will when I know more of his travel plans.

Aimee, wow that is a really interesting description of the city you grew up in. The huge changes in cities here in America due to the power of large business, is so shocking at times.

I have only visited Orlando as a tourist, and of course visited Disney World. I never saw other parts of the city.

I think that Julbright is right, it sounds like you are describing parts of California. I threaten to move there too, but my husband won't leave Minnesota.