CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed reunion-tour plan 'near completion' (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12146)

Brettley916 12-02-2008 03:14 PM

Creed reunion-tour plan 'near completion'

We all keep hearing the rumor's of the reunion. According to this, a tour is currently being hammered out!!!

NEW YORK -- Creed is hammering out details for a lucrative 2009 reunion tour, sources said. The Scott Stapp-led group, one of the top sellers of the past decade, has not performed since a rancorous split in June 2004.

Stapp promptly embarked on a solo career, while guitarist Mark Tremonti, drummer Scott Phillips and original bassist Brian Marshall formed Alter Bridge with vocalist Myles Kennedy and released two albums. Their 2004 Wind-Up debut, "One Day Remains," sold 496,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan; a 2006 follow-up for Universal, "Blackbird," has moved 227,000 units.

But Kennedy is rumored to be the top contender to replace Robert Plant for a tour with Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. And following a recent USO tour performing for American servicemen oversees, Stapp is said to be in prime physical and mental condition.

As such, there are "significant dollars" on the table for a Creed trek, according to sources close to the situation, who said an official announcement could be imminent. A spokesperson for Wind-Up said, "There have been some talks, but it would be premature to comment on them at this time."

Creed has sold 26.1 million albums in the United States since 1997, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The group also was a significant touring presence, having grossed $70.3 million from 220 shows reported to Billboard Boxscore between November 1997 and December 2002.

Source - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...91035311fea083

mrjoe815 12-02-2008 03:19 PM

Re: Creed reunion-tour plan 'near completion'

sweet! thanks for the article. can't wait for this to happen :)

TheGreatDivide 12-03-2008 12:34 AM

They just mentioned this on my local news channel. FOX 2 Detroit for any Michiganders here.

nagpo 12-03-2008 05:49 PM

heck yeah!

adparaiki 12-04-2008 08:38 AM

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

I really hope they tour in england uk or give me plenty of notice that it will only be a US tour so I can get to America.

I never got the chance to see Creed live before and regreted it for so long.
:D

TrulyAmazing 12-04-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
heck yeah!

we heared it here first :D you can just reach out and feel the anticipation And Joy:D AND CHINESE DEMOCRAY IS OUT TO everybody go out and buy it The Joy Is To Overwhelming

creedsoul~ 12-04-2008 10:04 AM

This would be fantastic imo, if/when they can repair old wounds.. I don't think they will be able to just ignore them and try and move on.

TrulyAmazing 12-04-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsoul~
This would be fantastic imo, if/when they can repair old wounds.. I don't think they will be able to just ignore them and try and move on.

:D Well Axls Been Through So Much But Strong Enough To Move:banana: :roll: :roll: On they all good for a come back my opion whats long missed i think is the power team wrting Of Stapp And Tremontie that will indeed comfort wounds :jam: im a Big G.N.R. Fan my joy is just Combinded forgive me for exceeding it in the creed talk thread :peacelove Creedsoul~

Agent D 12-06-2008 06:41 PM

I don't usually like to use the word "sellout" but if Mark, Flip, and Brian agree to do this, then that's what they are. Gigantic sellouts.

FreedomFighter 12-06-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
I don't usually like to use the word "sellout" but if Mark, Flip, and Brian agree to do this, then that's what they are. Gigantic sellouts.

I agree and I hope this doesn't happen. Mark and Scott P were so happy to get out of the 'box' they were forced to live and work in with Creed. Even if Myles goes out on the road with LZ I would rather wait a little longer for Alter Bridge to pick back up. I'm even content occasionally listening to Stapp's solo album.

I've said it before. Creed was great, but I'm so over them. Record sales and marketability aside, Alter Bridge has turned out to be such a huge leap forward I would hate to see the guys fall back

Dogstar 12-06-2008 08:36 PM

I'm not wishing for it, but if it happens, I'd probably go to a show or two, out of curiosity if nothing else.

Scorpion King 12-07-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

I don't know if doing a one-year reunion tour would make them sellouts. Now, if they were to disband AB permanently and started writing new Creed songs that sound exactly like the old material, that would be selling out.

TrulyAmazing 12-07-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

But if Kiss Does A Reuion Tour Every Time that feel like thats ok:D i think it would be completley obsered to call a reunion a sell out

Agent D 12-07-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion King
I don't know if doing a one-year reunion tour would make them sellouts. Now, if they were to disband AB permanently and started writing new Creed songs that sound exactly like the old material, that would be selling out.

I don't mean because of the money. I mean, after the stuff they've said, stuff of record that's been published endlessly in various media outlets, about how they'd never get reunite Creed for any amount of money, for them to do so is bull. Stick by your word and don't crumble at the sight of a few dollar signs. If you're bored while Myles has fun with Zeppelin, then go do a solo album or something.

TrulyAmazing 12-07-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

I don't mean because of the money. I mean, after the stuff they've said, stuff of record that's been published endlessly in various media outlets, about how they'd never get reunite Creed for any amount of money, for them to do so is bull. Stick by your word and don't crumble at the sight of a few dollar signs. If you're bored while Myles has fun with Zeppelin, then go do a solo album or something.

So its Rock N Roll Decadence :jam: :jam: if Creed hooks back up the media of course will remembear those words but im sure the fans would love it regardless my:2cents: PEACE BE WITCHA :cool: And Like LL COOL J DONT CALL IT A COME BACK

in reality 12-09-2008 12:22 AM

Still hard to believe it could happen. Well, if it does, then they could try to regain some lost ground by having Creed back. Look how Gwen Stefani went back to No Doubt. She must have missed the leverage she had before. Onward and upward like they say.:)

video747 12-10-2008 07:20 PM

^Yeah, I'm really excited at this possibility. :)

SoKrayzie 12-11-2008 10:13 PM

A tour would be great, but let's get a new album recorded.

Redeemer 12-17-2008 04:36 PM

I still don't believe it.

crest tattoo 12-21-2008 10:16 PM

My thoughts are since neither party is outright denying it, something is going on???

Lost Tiger 12-22-2008 11:27 PM

Guys, lets all chill out. I've noticed everyone has gone nutzzz in this thread, LOL.

video747 12-23-2008 11:53 PM

It says this on their wikipedia (although there is no source...).

However, these reunion "rumors" are merely an example of the popular news media taking one piece of information and deriving from it a completely different meaning. When it surfaced that Myles Kennedy would tour with the Led Zeppelin guys, media outlets took that to mean that Alter Bridge was breaking up, and Creed would therefore reunite. In fact, the ex-Creed members of Alter Bridge have not spoken to Scott Stapp since Creed's break-up. While they have left the door open for a reunion in the future (citing ambiguously that no one can predict the future), not even the vaguest of plans have been formulated that point towards a Creed reunion in 2009.

Redeemer 01-01-2009 12:47 AM

Everyone who? I don't see anyone going nuts.

I saw that on Wikipedia too.

video747 01-04-2009 12:35 AM

^I think he meant we're getting too excited? :o

TrulyAmazing 01-05-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer
Everyone who? I don't see anyone going nuts.

I saw that on Wikipedia too.

:cool: everything is cool here :cool: your right indeed

TeriB19 01-10-2009 09:35 PM

http://www.spinner.com/2009/01/08/no...-says-manager/

Just saw this story, which leads me to believe Miles will be busy with Alter Bridge this year. :)

Agent D 01-10-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
http://www.spinner.com/2009/01/08/no...-says-manager/

Just saw this story, which leads me to believe Miles will be busy with Alter Bridge this year. :)

Just as well for all parties involved.

Sakizopa 02-07-2009 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would like to see them again, with its smashing vocal and strong person Scott Stapp! He seemed to me as a great greek, and I enjoy his!

"Came To Adore" from The Doors.
There are more signs for this song as a warning in this picture, not to open any doors.
You: "Father!"
He: "Yes, son?"
You: "I want to kill you!"

Jim Morrison takes apart of antisemitism in his meaning of his poem, and this is never been understood, but it is his inner critic against antisemitism, and never been understood.

Sorry, that the left door is closed for the lion in Zion.

Deana 03-16-2009 11:04 PM

Well Believe It Folks... Enjoy:)

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/cr...reel/894689379

crest tattoo 03-17-2009 10:55 AM

Is that for real???? What is the source? Is it a credible source??

TrulyAmazing 03-17-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakizopa
I would like to see them again, with its smashing vocal and strong person Scott Stapp! He seemed to me as a great greek, and I enjoy his!

"Came To Adore" from The Doors.
There are more signs for this song as a warning in this picture, not to open any doors.
You: "Father!"
He: "Yes, son?"
You: "I want to kill you!"

Jim Morrison takes apart of antisemitism in his meaning of his poem, and this is never been understood, but it is his inner critic against antisemitism, and never been understood.

Sorry, that the left door is closed for the lion in Zion.

Everybody Was High And Misunderstood :) Thanks You For Your Interpertation Also brings Up Spirtual Warfare and contempt Of The Lines I want To Kill You :D da goodness thanks you for your views

Dogstar 03-17-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crest tattoo
Is that for real???? What is the source? Is it a credible source??

I was wondering the same, or whether it's some fan thing.

number1 03-17-2009 11:08 PM

there is this website

www.creedofficial.com
and for sign up
https://www.fancentric.com/profile/i...ribe&lists=163

hmm. just cross ur fingers

eusebioCBR 03-17-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by number1
there is this website

www.creedofficial.com
and for sign up
https://www.fancentric.com/profile/i...ribe&lists=163

hmm. just cross ur fingers

interesting:bigeyes: thanks for posting

Deana 03-18-2009 10:49 AM

The source of the Creed aol video was posted by someone of significant power such as a label, management, or maybe even the band themselves who knows. If they made it to aol video it was posted by a significant company/source. Notice Alterbridge nor Scott not denying rumors........

Agent D 03-18-2009 03:33 PM

It's not working anymore.

metalchris25 03-19-2009 10:09 AM

It might just happen:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ng_closer.html

eusebioCBR 03-19-2009 12:34 PM

If it does happen I honestly hope Scott can keep it together. I miss Creed and I wouldn't mind seeing a permanent reunion.

TrulyAmazing 03-19-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eusebioCBR
If it does happen I honestly hope Scott can keep it together. I miss Creed and I wouldn't mind seeing a permanent reunion.

:D well master yoda told me the darkside has clouded our vision but told me happen it must happen challange for,em indeed i have a lot faith in the guys

metalchris25 03-21-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eusebioCBR

I would like to hear them do some new material, that would be sweet, but I dont know about a permanent reunion. Scott would just screw it all up, and they will have ditched Myles for nothing.