CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The great divide -Listen to it NOW!!!!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9602)

Dogstar 09-08-2005 05:29 AM

Hmmm, not sure I like it. I didn't hate it, and it's only a clip. I'll have to wait until I hear the whole thing. The chorus did sound very Creedish, especially the guitar parts. His voice sounded good, though.

Muad'Dib 09-08-2005 06:14 AM

Its nothing special from what I heard, but his voice is definetly sounding good too. Lyrics didnt really do anything for me but hopefully the rest of the album is alot better.

cariocawlad 09-08-2005 08:46 AM

I don`t think it sounded creedish. Nothing in this song remember me of Creed. I'm not sure if I like or not the song. The only thing I can say in the moment that It is diferent of anything I was expecting. Sometimes It looks like country, sometimes pop rock...Give me sometime...

Peace.

P.S.: Anyway, the song made me more and more curious about Scott's album...

caseycarson 09-08-2005 09:11 AM

I like it better than anything on the Alter Bridge cd........

Mr.CreedFreakTN 09-08-2005 10:02 AM

I really like it. It is catchy and has some good hooks to it. I've caught myself singing the chorous alot today.

IsThisTheEnd66 09-08-2005 01:15 PM

I like it... at first it sounded like OLB imo but thats just me... anyways can't wait till the 22nd (( my b-day is the 24 )) so i know what i want.

revisfoot 09-08-2005 01:26 PM

Wow. I love it! Congrats and kudos to Scott. I damn near cried when I heard it! It's very powerful, and it's so awesome to hear that man's voice again!

The Great Divide!

The Lithium 09-08-2005 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseycarson
I like it better than anything on the Alter Bridge cd........

Eh.... WHHAAAAAATTTT?!?!?!?!

caseycarson 09-08-2005 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Eh.... WHHAAAAAATTTT?!?!?!?!

True.....Stapp was always my favorite part of Creed, though.

scrit 09-08-2005 06:11 PM

Wow, That clip was alot better than I was expecting, thanks for the information!

uncertaindrumer 09-08-2005 06:34 PM

Typical responses from the board... cept Ana, who I figured would like it.

It is pretty much what I expected. A little more Creedish than I expected actually. Well this is going to do for him what OYE did for AB. Nothing. Except maybe scare away potential new fans who wanted something besides Creed.

titan9 09-08-2005 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer

It is pretty much what I expected. A little more Creedish than I expected actually. Well this is going to do for him what OYE did for AB. Nothing. Except maybe scare away potential new fans who wanted something besides Creed.

Lol, I was just thinking "I wonder how long it'll take for uncertain to post something."

Anyway, I can't say I agree with you. I think this song is really radio-friendly. Because of who Stapp is(believe it or not, people have not forgotten about Creed; I hear'em on the radio at least once per day) and because pop radio stations need another Rock artist to shove down our throats(because, really, that new Nickelback song is already getting old and Creed was huge on pop radio at one time), I think this single is going to get a good amount of airplay. If that happens, he'll gain some new fans, he'll sell a good amount of albums, he'll be considered a successful solo artist. Is this the most original song ever? No. Does this song have a Creedish sound to it? A little bit, imo. But to say that it will do nothing for Stapp, I just don't agree with that.

Greenworld 09-08-2005 07:27 PM

hmmm

I totally expected this kind of song from Stapp as his first single..and thats not a good thing necessarily. The tone in the verse isnt as creed as it usually is...but the chorus...wow that is the biggest tremonti rip off i've ever heard. The drum beat is incredibly plain, just follows the guitar...The rhythm of it is so creed. Even the palm mutes at the end of the chorus were a little too expected. And Stapp's voice...sounds almost like a Scottish (no pun intended) folk song or something. I mean yea the guy sounds a lot healthier...but i guess this song didn't do anything for me. Im sticking with AB.

Ana4Stapp 09-08-2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Actually no one is completely sure about nothing...my friend... ;)

But (dont know why ) I was *almost*sure you'd dislike Stapps new song... almost...:rolleyes: lol

Got My Back? 09-08-2005 07:46 PM

I Love It!!!

Wow! I can't wait to hear the whole song. We have yet to hear the bridge.

I think it sounds very Creedish which for me is great. I had hoped for this exactly. I do hear the slight Scottish thing that someone mentioned as well.

I have yet to be able to listen to Alter Bridge, and let me tell you why. I fell in love with Creed due to the voice of Scott Stapp. I was sick of all the high voiced rock singers that I couldn't sing along with. I love Motley Crue or Journey, but I can't sing that high. Creed was the first great band in years that had a manly voice as the lead and that set them apart from all the other bands out there. I think Alter Bridge went back to the high voiced singer.

Anyway, it is great to hear that amazing voice again. Can't wait for the 22nd of November!
Lenny