CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Recomend Bands Like Creed And Alterbridge (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9973)

LIVING LEGEND 11-18-2005 08:23 AM

Recomend Bands Like Creed And Alterbridge

Recomend Me Some Bands Like Creed And Alter Bridge

The Lithium 11-18-2005 10:36 AM

Um, I would for sure go with Submersed. Mark produced 6 songs on their CD and Flip play drums on those songs as well. Other than that... Atomship, Edgewater, Myles previous band; The Mayfield Four, Breaking Benjamin, Brett Hestla's, (Creed's touring bassist), new band: Dark New Day, Shinedown, Black Market Radio, etc. (Scott Stapp, of course).

More famous bands: Audioslave, 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Goo Goo Dolls, Default, Theory Of A Deadman, Switchfoot, Our Lady Peace, Lifehouse.

Anyway... Try the first bands, I hope you will enjoy them!

titan9 11-18-2005 11:38 AM

It kinda depends on whether you want stuff from the Christian or Secular genre. For good Christian bands like Creed and Alter Bridge, I'd recommend the following:

Day of Fire(features Joshua Brown, who was the lead singer for Full Devil Jacket, a band that toured with Creed)
Kutless(has some hard rockin' songs that are similar to Creed)
Seventh Day Slumber(again, their hard rockin' songs are similar to Creed)
Pillar(not so much like Creed, but an awesome hard rock band)
Skillet(an awesome hard rock band)

Some good secular bands:
Virgos Merlot(just started getting into these guys. They released one album in 1999 and I believe they toured with Creed. They featured Brett Hestla on vocals, who was Creed's touring bassist and is now the lead man for Dark New Day)
Mayfield Four(not quite like Creed or AB....really, I don't think I can compare them to any one band in particular, they're that unique and different. This band of course featured Myles Kennedy on vocals and they put out two really awesome albums)
12 Stones(some similarities to Creed, but most are quite subtle. The vocalist is an awesome screamer and the lyrics, particularly on the first album, are quite good)

Other than those bands I mentioned, I second Lithium's suggestions.

uncertaindrumer 11-18-2005 11:39 AM

Basically any modern rock band on the radio. They all sound alike. Except you won't get Myles ridiculous vocals and Mark's bombastic solos. You will get Creed's silly lyrics though.

Anna1011 11-18-2005 01:23 PM

LOGAN they fuckin rock!!!!!!

GregS 11-18-2005 03:46 PM

Ye i second that :)

Ana4Stapp 11-19-2005 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Mayfield Four(not quite like Creed or AB....really, I don't think I can compare them to any one band in particular, they're that unique and different. This band of course featured Myles Kennedy on vocals and they put out two really awesome albums)

Same suggestion here. Cuz they were/are GREAT...AWESOME...AMAZING ..UNIQUE...etc, etc...lol :D

Seriously, try that band.

The Lithium 11-19-2005 07:41 AM

Quote:

For good Christian bands like Creed and Alter Bridge, I'd recommend the following

As much as you have posted here, you really should know that Creed was NOT Christian, and AB sure aren't!

Quote:

Oh yeah, Mayfield Four are so fantastic, uniqe, AWESOME!!!

Quote:

Other than those bands I mentioned, I second Lithium's suggestions.

Thank you! :D

titan9 11-19-2005 11:29 AM

Never said they were, Lith. I meant good Christian alternatives to Creed and AB. I guess I worded it wrongly, but I was not at all implying that Creed and AB were "Christian" bands. I know better than that. :D

The Lithium 11-19-2005 11:32 AM

Quote:

Never said they were, Lith. I meant good Christian alternatives to Creed and AB. I guess I worded it wrongly, but I was not at all implying that Creed and AB were "Christian" bands. I know better than that. :D

Phheeew, thank you!

alicegr 11-25-2005 05:23 AM

INK
black market flowers
aprils motel room
into another
lifehouse
mental hippie blood
eleven pictures
drain sth

Anna1011 11-25-2005 07:08 AM

LOGAN LOGAN LOGAN LOGAN LOGAN LOGAN LOGAN LOGAN LOGAN LOGAN LOGAN

if you havent already you seriously need to check them out :D

scrit 11-25-2005 10:55 PM

I've never heard of Logan, and can't find anything about them :confused:

Anna1011 11-26-2005 09:20 AM

www.logan-net.com

come join the fun :D:D:D

Robin101 11-26-2005 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna1011
www.logan-net.com

come join the fun :D:D:D

I could not agree with you more!

Before I went to see AB last Sunday I decided to see who was supporting them. I found out that it was a band called Logan - I never heard of them.

I went into the interactive menu on their website and listened to a few of their songs - wow!

I then had the privilege of seeing them live - even better. What a voice Kenny has.

Take Care (and well done Ricky 'Hitman' Hatton)