CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Update from Michael on Marks band (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5404)

Alter Shredder 01-02-2004 12:46 AM

Update from Michael on Marks band

This is a message he left on the marktremonti.net boards. I just thought all of you would like to stay caught up.

Yes, the band is still very much alive. Mark, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall with a singer to be named is the lineup. The three of them have gotten together quite a few times to jam out the songs Mark has written. Mark is about 95% settled on a singer whom I do not feel comfortable naming yet. This person will be flying here in a day or two to jam with the boys. The voice is definately there, so if his personallity meshes with the guys, I would say he's in. This guy just has amazing range and tone and vocal controll. He can go from a low barritone to a high range that is through the roof. The band name has yet to be decided as well, but I'm sure it will be in the next few weeks. It is a pain in the ass to come up with a cool name that is not taken. There are all different types of songs which have been written so far with varying styles and tempos. The main thing I want to say is that the melody's are incredible in the songs, which in my opinion, is the most important thing. This is a very exciting time, so have patience and soon you all will be able to judge it for yourself.

Michael

Dogstar 01-02-2004 12:47 AM

Thanks, Iced! I'm dying to know who the singer is :D.

Jez 01-02-2004 12:50 AM

Thanks very much :) Next time would you mind posting a link to the article/quote/whatever so that we can all see it for ourselves and read it in context? It would be nice to know just WHAT he is talking about.
Thanks ;)

Alter Shredder 01-02-2004 12:54 AM

sorry, i forgot to put the link in. Go here to get the whole deal.

And I am wondering about the singer as well. Is it someone we have heard of or are they new?

PaulMcCoygirl 01-02-2004 01:00 AM

Thanks Iced!

Jez 01-02-2004 01:57 AM

Thanks much for the link :)
I'm pretty sure that I know who this guy is, but we'll just wait and see.

Dogstar 01-02-2004 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez
Thanks much for the link :)
I'm pretty sure that I know who this guy is, but we'll just wait and see.

Could you please refrain from posting something like this unless you're willing to share? If you really do know, then don't tease people. If you don't know, then I'd appreciate it if you could keep this kind of stuff to yourself. Thanks.

Jez 01-02-2004 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Could you please refrain from posting something like this unless you're willing to share? If you really do know, then don't tease people. If you don't know, then I'd appreciate it if you could keep this kind of stuff to yourself. Thanks.

My apologies, Dogstar. You have a pm :)

Sheila63 01-02-2004 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Thanks, Iced! I'm dying to know who the singer is :D.

So am I, Dogstar. Thanks for the info, Iced. :D

JulieCitySlicker 01-02-2004 12:01 PM

Thanks for the update Iced :D
Wow! Now I'm extremely courious :) I can't wait to find out who this new guy is! From the sound of it Creed will still be rocking but with a new name :cool:

Dogstar 01-02-2004 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez
My apologies, Dogstar. You have a pm :)

:) It's all good, Jez.

musicmind226 01-02-2004 12:38 PM

Very, very very friggin awsome. I am so excited :D :bigjump:

JulieCitySlicker 01-02-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind226
Very, very very friggin awsome. I am so excited :D :bigjump:

Me To :dancing:

musicmind226 01-02-2004 05:33 PM

So, for what I read, the music is melodic, temp changes. So few questions

1. Is it hard?
2. is it both hard and soft? relation to #1
3. Are there solos?
4. Is there throbbing bass that marshall is known for?

Higher_Desire 01-02-2004 08:10 PM

Hmmm... Sounds good. Of course I'll be buying the album when it comes out, but it won't be quite the same.

Hey, wouldn't it be funny if they named Stapp as the singer. :D That'd kick arse. Well, I hope Creed can patch up whatever holes haved formed, and do another project.

H-D :darkdance