CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Prayer request (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4283)

souldancer 12-25-2003 01:36 AM

Sending healing prayers for your friend Dogstar...and lots of guidance for the medical team. My 50 year old cousin was diagnosed with colon cancer 1.5 years ago, had chemo, radiation, surgery and is here celebrating Christmas with all of us (just takes a few extra naps). Blessings for all - including you during this time.

Dogstar 12-25-2003 03:26 AM

Thanks tons, you guys. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. And that's great news about your great-grandma, creed_defaultgirl! :hugs:

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-25-2003 05:10 AM

Thanks Dogstar, merry Christmas!

Sheila63 12-25-2003 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
You got it, whitebird....Also, I have a request, too. A good friend of mine was diagnosed with colon cancer and he needs your prayers and healing thoughts. The docs aren't sure they can do anything for him, but he's going to an oncologist to find out more. One doctor told him he only had two months to live, but another thinks he may be able to help him. He's a great guy with a terrific family. Thanks in advance to you all.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Dogstar. I will send prayers and healing thoughts his way. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

SCOTTSMYMAN 12-25-2003 10:20 AM

Your friend is in my thoughts and prayers Dogstar! Hoping all goes well! Keep us posted! :hugs: :angel:

Dogstar 12-25-2003 12:45 PM

Thanks so much!!! I will keep you all posted. Hopefully, it will be good news! :hugs:

whitebird 12-25-2003 11:04 PM

Thank you to everyone for your prayers for my sister, and friend. I deeply apreciate your kindness.

Dogstar, I will aslo say a prayer for your friend. You are such a caring person, I'm sure that he is lucky to have you as his own guardian angel. Keep us posted, and anytime you feel he could use more careing thoughts, and prayers, let us know.

JulieCitySlicker 12-25-2003 11:14 PM

Dogstar,

I'll definitely be praying for your friend! I hope that something works out for him and that something can be done to help him through this :hugs:

Hi Whitebird!

How was your Christmas :hugs:

Dogstar 12-25-2003 11:15 PM

You guys are the best. I'm ready to cry...THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!

JulieCitySlicker 12-25-2003 11:21 PM

Your Welcome Dogstar
HUGS!
I think its just terrible when bad things happen to good people and we should all be there for eachother during tough times! Make life so much easier when there are people out there thinking about others :) :D

TeriB19 12-25-2003 11:25 PM

Keeping your friend in my prayers Kerri. Believe it or not, my girlfriend was diagnosed with colon cancer at age 40 and had surgery and chemo and is back in action these days, taking care of her 7 & 5 year old daughters. These days it's NOT a death sentence.

JulieCitySlicker 12-25-2003 11:30 PM

Teri is right Kerri :)
My sister in laws Mom Teresa was given,just a few months when she was diagnosed with cancer this last time and she is still here with us and she has out lived the time they gave her to live back in Sept, October! There is still hope and help out there!

Dogstar 12-25-2003 11:32 PM

Thanks for all the positive vibes, you guys. That's what I'm hoping for!!! He has a pretty good attitude about it so far, which is good!

JulieCitySlicker 12-25-2003 11:34 PM

Yes that is a good thing Kerri ;) I've learned that the more positive you are about things like this the better your chances of getting better are! I wish him the best and he will be in my thoughts and prayers :hugs:

Sheila63 12-26-2003 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed
Yes that is a good thing Kerri ;) I've learned that the more positive you are about things like this the better your chances of getting better are! I wish him the best and he will be in my thoughts and prayers :hugs:

You're right, Julie. I've found that to be true too although it's not always easy. Faith and hope can be very powerful in helping us get through hard times along with the power of prayer and loved from people who care. Kerri, your friend's positive attitude will really help him during this time. I wish him well and hope he has a full recovery.:hugs: