CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   We Have No Proof Creed Is Breakiing Up (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6654)

Echelon122 05-24-2004 11:21 PM

I think Flip basically said it by joining Mark...but that's just my take on it.

So if WU never says "Creed is over" people will still think they are???

bahhhh bahhhh

creedman 05-24-2004 11:24 PM

for a creed website their is a hell of a lot of Creed Haters! You would almost think it is a Limp Biz site! Go Figure!

johellion 05-24-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocityidp
If Alterbridge wasn't all of the ORIGINAL Creed members (minus Stapp), I might agree with you. But the fact that Mark and Scott have formed a new band, and that Brian has come back to the band in Stapp's absence is just too telling.

This is not a "Tremonti side project," it's a whole new band. Furthermore, its members consist of all the founding Creed members, with Stapp replaced by Kennedy.

Don't fool yourself, my friend. Don't expect to hear "Creed" for a very, very long time, if ever. Especially if Alterbridge is sucessful.

I think you are on the right track DUDE!!! :D and :eek: oHHHHHHHHH Well............To alot of folks...its JUST AN ILLUSION!!!! LOL

Wylde-Tremonti 05-25-2004 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedman
for a creed website their is a hell of a lot of Creed Haters! You would almost think it is a Limp Biz site! Go Figure!

Who EXACTLY are you directing that to????
How Dare You Fucking Call Us Creed Haters.
We Can't Help It That Creed Isn't Together Anymore. Excuse Us For Facing Reality. :finger:

hayley 05-25-2004 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3sevendust
INow, until I hear an offical statement reguarding the bands future together, I'm going to still believe that Creed is still together.

What do you think SOLO means?

WeatheredWoman 05-25-2004 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johellion
I think you are on the right track DUDE!!! :D and :eek: oHHHHHHHHH Well............To alot of folks...its JUST AN ILLUSION!!!! LOL

So you are tellin' us with this very clear reply, and for knowing that you are Brian Marshall's aunt, that as far as you know it... CREED is done for sure!!

Thnx for the info!

b3sevendust 05-25-2004 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
What do you think SOLO means?

Lemme ask you this "smart one" How many bands had members of their go out and put out a "solo album" Pretty much all of TOOL has another band they can fall back on. Trent Reznor was going to do another band with Maynard, but due to the contrasting arguments of there record labels, it's been put on permanent hiadis.. (Tapeworm was the name of that band) So the members of Creed are doing other things, aint the first time a band member has done this. So ya, while you people go and jump the gun and constantly bicker at everyone who doesn't believe the bullshit you want to feed us about Creed is done, nevermore.. and the bullshit about there record label being another excuse for you people to find that they are no more, then go ahead, but I'm still not going to believe some dumbass fan who is just saying it because they don't like Creed as much as the next person. So, you can continue to say "Oh they went solo because Creed broke, bitch bitch bitch, blah blah blah, wah wah wah." Say it as much as you want, but there is still no concrete substantional evidence that proves into your favor.

And as far as TOOL and Creed being different, obviously they are, but both bands have outside the band projects, so in a sense, its the same damn thing. And how many times did people think METALLICA was dead?? Well, proved you guys wrong, they're still around, and still kickin ass! I saw them little under a month ago w/ GODSMACK killer show.

Wylde-Tremonti 05-25-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

but I'm still not going to believe some dumbass fan who is just saying it because they don't like Creed as much as the next person. So, you can continue to say "Oh they went solo because Creed broke, bitch bitch bitch, blah blah blah, wah wah wah."

Listen Dude... You're obviously New here...
All the Stuff about Creed Breaking up Didn't Just come From "Some Dumbass Fan"... It's Come from Several who have talked to Mark At Meet N Greets and at NAMM... These people that are Respected Memebers Of this Board, and I think You Should Respect Them Aswell.

RockGoddess 05-25-2004 12:38 PM

I don't wish to perpetuate this argument, but I'm genuinely interested in people's opinions:

At what point do you consider a band having broken up? If they are seperated for a year, two years....... what about 10? Let's say for arguments sake that Creed gets back together 10 years from now. Were they broken up? Were they not? At what point do you call it "done"?.

To those that say they are and to those that say they aren't, how do you put in perspective? What's your take on it?

Steve 05-25-2004 12:56 PM

I'd probably say 3 years maybe? Sometimes bands take a year off which doesn't mean they broke up. Other times things just happen. One band from my city comes to mind - The Gufs. They were signed to a major label and toured with Matchbox Twenty a while ago among other bands. After 3 CDs they were dropped. They continued to play shows here locally but for the most part were "taking a break" and getting on with their normal lives. Now the lead singer has released a solo album. In recent interviews when asked about The Gufs he has said that by no means they are broken up. They are still a band and wish to continue playing together. It's just that each member has been concentrating on their families for the time being. One got married, another had a child, etc. etc. They are simply taking some personal time for themselves and when they are ready, they will write and release a new CD.

I'm not using this story to equate to Creed and Alter Bridge, but just using it to answer the generalized question RockGoddess asked.

Echelon122 05-25-2004 04:16 PM

Quote:

Let's say for arguments sake that Creed gets back together 10 years from now. Were they broken up? Were they not? At what point do you call it "done"?.

For me, when a band isn't activly recording and has no plans to in the forseeable future...it's a break up. I never view "Break up" as permanant though. Some of my favorite bands have "broken up" only to reunite 4-10+ years down the line...Moody Blues, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac...heck, even the Monkees LOL.

As for actually done...I dunno....I think every band is different, and it'd always depend on the circumstances. I know people thought the Eagles were DONE for the longest time, cause of the huge conflicts between people. But after a long time they figured it out. Anything is possible.

hayley 05-25-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Lemme ask you this "smart one"

Don't mouth off at me. :mad1:

Quote:

Pretty much all of TOOL has another band they can fall back on.

Geez, give it a rest with the Tool crap, would you? They are TOOL, this is CREED. A difference, different band, different situation.

Quote:

So the members of Creed are doing other things, aint the first time a band member has done this.

Yeah no shit, but I'm just saying that this could be a totally different situation for all we know.

Quote:

Say it as much as you want, but there is still no concrete substantional evidence that proves into your favor.

We are just facing reatlity, unlike you.

Quote:

And as far as TOOL and Creed being different, obviously they are, but both bands have outside the band projects, so in a sense, its the same damn thing.

Right, yeah, totally the same. :rolleyes:

b3sevendust 05-26-2004 06:32 PM

Thank you oh so much for picking apart my response and making it the pinicle of your day, I'm so glad people like to take the time to take my responses apart as if it were a puzzle! And as far as me dissrespecting anyone, Did I once say someones name and disrespect them? Honestly, did I? No! Alls I said was "dumbass fan" Not once did I disrespect someone of the higher athority that I could give a rats ass about in the first place, your taking a someones word against someone elses, How about we just wait until someone from the band, goes on camera, or the record company releases a statement reguarding the future of Creed.. Until then, all the nay sayers can bitch and moan and groan and protest otherwise, but without the concrete evidence that they can prove otherwise.. *raises middle finger* Take that and stick it up your ass!

*Note this isnt directed to anyone in particular, so dont take it seriously, and make a big deal about, Thank you*

Oh, and one last thing.. SLIPKNOT VOL. 3 SUBLIMINAL VERSES, IN STORES NOW!!!! The cd kicks major ass, this is deffinetly a matured SLIPKNOT! And they are definetly exploring new terroritory!

Echelon122 05-26-2004 06:43 PM

Wow...evidently from band members mouths isn't enough....Yikes.

Dogstar 05-26-2004 07:11 PM

Quote:

*raises middle finger* Take that and stick it up your ass!

Please refrain from this type of crap. You can disagree with anyone you like, but save the obscenities for another board. Thanks.