CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed - The movie (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11274)

bobben 09-10-2006 12:28 PM

Creed - The movie

1 Attachment(s)
I just want to start up the movie-thread cuz I can't find it anymore....

Creed's story is a one of a kind story in my eyes. I really believe that there could be made a great movie out of it. I can see a opening scene where a guy sits at home, drunk and down, with two mp5 (or something like that) in his hand, putting it to his head before he sees the picture of his son on the wall....like Stapp told in the Rolling Stone-interview. From there we go back in time to the very beginning with the first recording, the first photoshoot in front of the train passing by, the first time ever aired on radio and so on.

Creed sold like 50 mill albums and filled up arenas all over the country, but were hated by the media.
This movie should be an example on how this really can effect a persons mind and what really happens on the rockn'roll-road, cuz Creeds not the only band to experience that!

I saw Miami Vice yesterday and I'm in no doubt that Colin Farrell is the man to play Stapp! :cool:

So what do you guys think!?

The Lithium 09-10-2006 12:38 PM

Re: Creed - The movie

Actually that is not a bad beginning for a movie. And the story is actually one of a kind. You know, at first NOTHING goes their way then they put all of their eggs in one basket and sign with Wind-Up. And they get world-wide famous but torn apart from the inside. Not bad actually, not bad at all. I wounder who's gonna write the script! :D

nagpo 09-10-2006 01:58 PM

damn, that would be a great movie. id see it, but i doubt it'll ever happen mostly because its a movie about creed.

The Lithium 09-10-2006 02:46 PM

It could be about a rock band, based in Creed. But you already got Rock Star and Almost Famous, so it's not that original. And as a writer you always wanna be orignal.

bilal 09-10-2006 03:14 PM

or how about this begining.......instead of the one mentioned in the begining......

a guys is shredding like no-one else,..... so stunning and emaculate.......with one leg on top of the amp.......and a very soundful, profounding, truely amazing singer by his side........and a drop of swet slides from his forehead.....camera catches it in slow motion, the falling drop of sweat.....and it makes its way down , on to the floor......and breaks in to many tiny sprinkles.......the guitarist makes his final riff....and makes the rockon sign to the crowd of thousands.....and then looks down.....breathing heavily...and smiles......a smile of satisfaction......and looks over his shoulder.....and then a camera flash shoots from the crowd takeing the story into the past.......to a journey of how this person setout ot find the real.......

The Lithium 09-10-2006 03:52 PM

The first beginning sounds more exciting... Sorry man!

bilal 09-10-2006 04:20 PM

^ sure it is.... the only reason why i gave or tried to gave a secound version is because the first begining appears to be more Stappish and kind of Anti Tremontish...... hey...i am sure if there is ever goan be a movie about cReed..... be it better neutral.......cause no matter how much the blame be placed on any member....creed was an entity consisting of all the guys....and not just stapp

The Lithium 09-10-2006 05:19 PM

Actually I think it's a good idea making the movie with Stapp as the main charactar. Of course the script should be objective. And the reason I think so is the beginning with Stapp is sounds very interesting. Plus I'd love to hear Stapp tell us a little about his past, etc. No matter if you like the guy or not - he has an AMAZING life story to tell and I think you should build the movie around that.

None of this has to be anti-Tremonti or anti-Alter Bridge. But Stapp is the most interesting person to build this movie around since he was always in the spot light, wether he liked it or not.

bilal 09-10-2006 05:26 PM

^ yeh.... your right... cant argue with that..... but i guess a movie based on STapp's life should be done when he has lived most of his life.... i mean... the guy is still in making (and breaking) .....may be a Documentary might do for now

The Lithium 09-10-2006 05:47 PM

I'm not sure if it should invole Stapp's whole life, I think the Creed years would be quite enough. And maybe it ends with him entering the stage on his opening night of his The Great Divide tour. But that way you'd have to bring in Alter Bridge too.

bobben 09-10-2006 05:51 PM

No no no....this movie's never gonna be anti-Tremonti or anti-Phillips or anti-Marshall! It's just gonna tell the story about the band and how the lead-singer got sick of the pressure from everybody despite their huge success.....the only people that will be put in a dark light are the rocknroll-doctors, tour managers, crew, media and maybe other angry musicans like Durst and Pearl Jam (?) who were so jealous about their quick road to the top...

My wish is Farrell as Stapp, Ron Howard as director, Brian Grazer as producer....any other ideas!?

GregS 09-10-2006 05:58 PM

A Creed movie would be fecking awesome.
What you guys have all mentioned would be ace.
I deifntly think Colin Farell would be a good Stapp..
Who would play Tremo though ?

Robin101 09-10-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregS
A Creed movie would be fecking awesome.
What you guys have all mentioned would be ace.
I deifntly think Colin Farell would be a good Stapp..
Who would play Tremo though ?

I think that a Creed movie would be excellent. How many bands have garnered more opinions - positive or negative - over the last 10 (or more) years than Creed?

Their story is pure Hollywood. They came from nothing to become one of the biggest selling bands of the last 20 years. They all, Scott especially, have interesting stories pre-Creed and then you have their acrimonious seperation.

Collin Farrell would be perfect as Stapp. As for Tremo, I will pitch a relatively unknown name. One of my favourite programs growing up was California Dreams. There was a character called Jake who played lead guitar (he also plays in real life). The actor was a guy called Jay Anthony-Franke. He's the first guy I could think of.

I found a few pictures of him from a website. The first one looks like an early Tremo.

http://www.jayanthonyfranke.com/images/FRANKE1.JPG

http://www.jayanthonyfranke.com/images/GUITAR.JPG

Rocketqueen 09-10-2006 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
I'm not sure if it should invole Stapp's whole life, I think the Creed years would be quite enough. And maybe it ends with him entering the stage on his opening night of his The Great Divide tour. But that way you'd have to bring in Alter Bridge too.

Now would be a good time to do,er If They Wanna do A movie, other than that i have no Comment

bobben 09-11-2006 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
Collin Farrell would be perfect as Stapp. As for Tremo, I will pitch a relatively unknown name. One of my favourite programs growing up was California Dreams. There was a character called Jake who played lead guitar (he also plays in real life). The actor was a guy called Jay Anthony-Franke. He's the first guy I could think of.

That's a good idea... Just like in Walk The Line! Johnny Cash's bandmembers in that movie are all unknown people that could either sing or play an instrument!
If not, then the Creed-movie must be made without any music being played...

Chase 09-11-2006 02:02 PM

I actually posted a thread about a year ago on how I think that Farrell would definitely play a good Stapp lol.

titan9 09-11-2006 10:59 PM

You know, if no one else writes the script, I will. I've never written one, but I think a Creed movie(or even a rock movie loosely based on Creed would be cool) has real potential. The characters(Stapp, Tremonti, Philips, Marshall) all have very interesting backgrounds, especially Stapp. You could start it off like bobbin said(with Stapp in a room, thinking about killing himself) then it goes back to his childhood. You show a bit of him as a kid and then show him in HS, when he met Tremonti. Along the way, you could also develop Tremonti, Philips and Marshall's characters by showing them during their childhood. Keep building from there, next showing Stapp at college(at Lee University, before he got kicked out) then going to Florida and meeting up with Tremonti again. And from there(and this part of the movie takes up, oh, the first 35 minutes) you go through the history of Creed--the rock radio hits from MOP, the massive success of HC and then the pressure associated with Weathered and finally the break-up. This part of the movie would probably take up an hour, so you've still got a half hour to work with to tell the post-break-up story. Talk about Stapp's troubles(311 fight, CC incident, airport arrest) and successes, and the success AB has had thus far. You end it(like Lith said) with Stapp on stage, doing what he loves.

I agree with Farrel as Stapp, although I think there might be other guys who are better for the role(looks-wise). I'd have to think about that, though. Someone else mentioned(previously) a guy who should play Tremo. Can't think of his name at the moment. And I think Kevin Bacon would be a perfect fit as Myles(who could come into the movie toward the end..or maybe before).

Prog 09-12-2006 12:31 PM

A Creed movie would go over about as well as a movie about how awesome Microsoft is to a bunch of computer nerds.

P.S. That means not well at all. Tons of people hate Creed, or rather, Scott Stapp.

bobben 09-12-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog
Tons of people hate Creed, or rather, Scott Stapp.

It's not the point to promote Creed as a fantastic band, but to tell a rocknroll story by using them as a startpoint to the story. Well, I didn't like Johnny Cash at all before I saw Walk The Line and got to see the story behind the guy and how he was as a normal person....

The619 09-12-2006 08:37 PM

This would be a great idea, I'd love to see a Creed movie.

geletmote 09-13-2006 02:28 AM

i feel what you mean

The Lithium 09-13-2006 08:15 AM

I've actually been taking lessions in how to write movie scripts. VERY hard!!! (But fun of course). But there's just so much to think about. You should at least read 2 or 3 books before you get started.

titan9 09-13-2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog
P.S. That means not well at all. Tons of people hate Creed, or rather, Scott Stapp.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a Creed movie. It could just be something inspired by their story. You know, kinda like "Friday Night Lights". Some of that movie(I believe) was fact, while some of it was fiction. You could take Creed's story and kinda toy around with it somewhat. It wouldn't be a documentary--it wouldn't be all fact. It'd just be a movie inspired by them--some elements of fact, some of fiction. Because they've got a very, very interesting story.

And, yeah, Lith, writing movie scripts is probably hard. The only writing experience I've got is song-writing and some stories. I don't know if I'll actually give scripting a shot. If I do, I'll definitely educate myself on scripting, though writing about the actual band should be no problem(I've read so many interviews and know a ton about the history, so it's a piece of cake). It's just one of those "if I have the time, I'll do it" type things.

Agent D 09-13-2006 08:10 PM

I'm going to agree with Prog. This wouldn't work, even if you dropped Creed's name and identity and what not. In fact, if you did do that, then it'd just be another movie that follows the typical path that every rock band follows.

guitardude1985 09-13-2006 08:27 PM

The rock could play mark.

titan9 09-14-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
I'm going to agree with Prog. This wouldn't work, even if you dropped Creed's name and identity and what not. In fact, if you did do that, then it'd just be another movie that follows the typical path that every rock band follows.

Not necessarily. How many movies have had bands who experienced the exact rise to fame(and then fall from it) that Creed did? Not any, at least that I've seen. I can't think of any movies that are even somewhat similiar to what a Creed movie would entail. It's like I said, you can take Creed's story and toy around with it a bit. It can be loosely based off of it. And I think that could work out. It would be interesting, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

bilal 09-14-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardude1985
The rock could play mark.

hey...rock can also play guitar!!...hehe.... but i guess his personallity and other career connections will dominate the character.... i think for MArk should be a guy , sort of a shy person...... but i am not too optimistic about this whole movie thing..... pearl jam is a great band... but who would like to see movie on theri life..... unlike JIMI HENDRIX..... i've seen atleast 2 movies on his life history, i believe i have read somewhere about a movie on Kurt Cobain....not sure

Agent D 09-14-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Not necessarily. How many movies have had bands who experienced the exact rise to fame(and then fall from it) that Creed did? Not any, at least that I've seen. I can't think of any movies that are even somewhat similiar to what a Creed movie would entail. It's like I said, you can take Creed's story and toy around with it a bit. It can be loosely based off of it. And I think that could work out. It would be interesting, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

But that's what every rock 'n roll movie is about. The rise and fall of a band in popularity. Even Spinal Tap follows that archetype.

metalchris25 09-15-2006 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
hey...rock can also play guitar!!...hehe.... but i guess his personallity and other career connections will dominate the character.... i think for MArk should be a guy , sort of a shy person...... but i am not too optimistic about this whole movie thing..... pearl jam is a great band... but who would like to see movie on theri life..... unlike JIMI HENDRIX..... i've seen atleast 2 movies on his life history, i believe i have read somewhere about a movie on Kurt Cobain....not sure

The Cobain flick was awful. Complete waste of film.

A Creed movie would suck just like most films of the type cause no one is going to get the complete truth out of any of the guys.
Now if Tarrantino was directing.......

bilal 09-15-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalchris25
Now if Tarrantino was directing.......

yeh....Tarrintino..... he could relate the whole creed breakup to be based on some TOE MESSAGE given by either Tremonti or Stapp to other's wife..... hehe

titan9 09-15-2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
But that's what every rock 'n roll movie is about. The rise and fall of a band in popularity. Even Spinal Tap follows that archetype.

That's not what "Rockstar" was about. "Rockstar" was about a guy from a tribute band who joined the real band after the original singer left. Then the guy who joined the real band ended up leaving and letting another guy take over. That's not the prototypical rock movie and a movie loosely based off of Creed would not be a prototypical rock & roll movie simply because their story is different than most rock bands stories. Have most bands endured the exact same things that happened to Creed? No. They've got a very interesting story which I think would make for an interesting movie. I don't expect a movie to happen, but I'd sure as hell see one if it came out.

bobben 09-19-2006 12:37 PM

There has been made a couple of music flicks over the years, but none of their stories will be near the Creed movie's. I can not remember a single movie that's made to show the media's effect on a rock band and what enormous pressure rockers go through. Like ACDC says: "There's a long way to the top, if you wanna play rock n' roll!!" :cool:

So...in my eyes this will be a totally new kind of movie! If the movie becomes a flop 'cuz it's about Stapp, then the story of the proves the point alone!

Agent D 09-19-2006 05:48 PM

Yeah, it's discovered that Creed's frontman was liquored up and addicted to drugs. That's not at all similar to every other rock band in existence.:rolleyes:

bobben 09-21-2006 08:41 AM

Be serious dude....Stapp drank because of the pressure he got from everyone around him, that including the meida and his tour crew. No other band have been torn to pieces by things like that!

Agent D 09-21-2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobben
Be serious dude....Stapp drank because of the pressure he got from everyone around him, that including the meida and his tour crew. No other band have been torn to pieces by things like that!

I'm pretty sure they have. Every band has at least some connection to alcohol abuse whatever the reason.

creedmarine81 08-16-2007 04:34 PM

steve perry could play tremonti.

J.T. 08-16-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedmarine81
steve perry could play tremonti.

Lol what?

J.T. 08-16-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobben

I agree.

Scorpion King 08-16-2007 06:04 PM

No matter how well-done it was, I predict that it would tank hard in theaters.

J.T. 08-17-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion King
No matter how well-done it was, I predict that it would tank hard in theaters.

Lol.:D