CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The great divide -Listen to it NOW!!!!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9602)

Bridge of Clay 09-07-2005 05:36 PM

It rocks!!! I liked it!

Very good lyrics, the music is good, good tone, well produced, Stapp's voice a bit different but definately in shape!

The Lithium 09-07-2005 05:36 PM

Yeah, yeah, I really think I will learn to love this song when I get used to it. At first I thought like: "What is this, country crap? I knew Stapp could never write songs on his own". But, I admit it Stapp fans, I was wrong! Really good, and melodic! I'm so looking forward to the album after this song! I'm so glad it's not all Creedish! I'm so thankful neither AB or Stapp goes totally Creed. And it's so cool to hear this man sing a new song! It's interessting how different it would've sound if Mark would've written the guitar part. (Just like it sounds VERY different with Myles instead of Stapp).

And man, I must say I love the promo-photo that's used on the site! It makes me thing of Higher, although Stapp has gained quite a few pounds now!

Man, I'm in a good mood now! :D Go SCOTT!!

Dogstar 09-07-2005 05:58 PM

Damn, I'm at work. I'm going to have wait until I get home. Thanks for the info, though!!!

GregS 09-07-2005 06:04 PM

Omg i love the song! I fell in love with it as soon as i heard it. So great to her his voice again! I cant wait for the album! Come on November 22nd!

Tremontixriffs 09-07-2005 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregS
Omg i love the song! I fell in love with it as soon as i heard it. So great to her his voice again! I cant wait for the album! Come on November 22nd!

Scott is back, this is totally awesome. I cant wait myself for the cd, im going to check limewire for more songs. Stapps voice sounds really good and it will be interesting to see what tremonti reaction to the song is..Maybe he'll realize what his bands missing,lol. But seriously I like both solo efforts, maybe in a couple years we'll get some creed again ..If not we'll have to enjoy what weve got.

GregS 09-07-2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs
Scott is back, this is totally awesome. I cant wait myself for the cd, im going to check limewire for more songs. Stapps voice sounds really good and it will be interesting to see what tremonti reaction to the song is..Maybe he'll realize what his bands missing,lol. But seriously I like both solo efforts, maybe in a couple years we'll get some creed again ..If not we'll have to enjoy what weve got.

Totally man. I love alter bridge too but i was blown away by stapps song. I doubt creed will get bak together but that would be cool. :D

Agent D 09-07-2005 07:23 PM

I'm not sure what to say. It does sound very Creedish, to me. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's certainly not going to win over any new fans.

bobben 09-07-2005 07:24 PM

Oh god how I have missed that voice! I almost got a tear in my eye when I first heard it! :o

GregS 09-07-2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobben
Oh god how I have missed that voice! I almost got a tear in my eye when I first heard it! :o

Ye same man. I got so excited , big smile appeared on my face wen i heard his voice

Ana4Stapp 09-07-2005 11:15 PM

Great, baeautiful, creedish, good,amazing song etc...well... seems I' m all alone...lol :rolleyes:

creedsister 09-07-2005 11:34 PM

Praise The Lord!!!

:jam: :jam: :jam: I Love This One Strongly Written Prespective A Lot Of Stregnth Behind a message Of Love Just Perfect Its Ass KICKER oh your not alone sweet pea da Great Divide Hugs :hugs: :hugs:

rabidgopher04 09-08-2005 12:23 AM

Ok, people, of course it sounds like Creed because...Scott was the voice of Creed! duh

I think that was one of the most distinguishing things about Creed was Scott's voice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
And man, I must say I love the promo-photo that's used on the site! It makes me thing of Higher, although Stapp has gained quite a few pounds now!

It looks like he's been working out much like Tremonti did before Human Clay and Weathered.

shiver 09-08-2005 01:21 AM

Huh. Sounds like it could have been a song on Weathered. The music was hot, or in the red, meaning that it was louder than the vocals, I had no idea what he was singing. Only gonna add to the comparisons of Eddie (WTF is he saying?) Vedder.
This song is too poppy for me. I figured I would give stapp a chance, but you know what they say about first impressions and evreything.

The Lithium 09-08-2005 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
I'm not sure what to say. It does sound very Creedish, to me. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's certainly not going to win over any new fans.

I think Scott's plan with this song is to keep the old Creed fans. Just like AB did when they released Open Your Eyes as their first single!

And I think the verses are VERY unCreedish, must because Mark would never play the guitar part like that.

Chase 09-08-2005 04:30 AM

Very good and catchy lyrics. I'm really liking what I hear!