CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alter Bridge bringing back the solo! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6697)

Dogstar 05-26-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85
yep, we are all psychics here like Miss Cleo

:laugh:

Ed Wood 05-26-2004 11:13 PM

hellboy is absolutely right- stop bitching people out!!!

so what if he said y'all know Stapp's solo release is gonna suck. It's called generalizing and if all the other solo artists suck when they go off on their own, Stapp will too. He didn't say that Stapp is a no talent hack, which a lot of people think he is. Attack those people if you have to bite someone's head off.

And hellboy said he was a fan longer than most people here. Not everyone.

Jesus, you all pick on everybody for making comments in an internet BB. I'd hate to meet you in real life.

PS- face it that Stapp's solo career doesn't have much of a chance because 1)he has never written without Tremo and 2)there seems to be a consensus that he's a jerk with a huge ego

RockGoddess 05-26-2004 11:23 PM

Quote:

It's called generalizing and if all the other solo artists suck when they go off on their own, Stapp will too.

That would be the problem with his argument.

Quote:

I'd hate to meet you in real life.

That's not likely to happen, so no worries there.

Quote:

PS- face it that Stapp's solo career doesn't have much of a chance because 1)he has never written without Tremo and 2)there seems to be a consensus that he's a jerk with a huge ego

You might actually have a point.

Dogstar 05-26-2004 11:26 PM

How the hell would hellboy know how long anyone here has been a fan? It's a stupid thing to say. And saying Stapp's solo album is going to suck without having heard it is also stupid. Give me a freaken break.

And nice way to introduce yourself, by the way, Ed Wood. Sheesh. Lighten up already.

Bridge of Clay 05-26-2004 11:27 PM

Although I'm not a Stapp little widow like some of this board, I wish him all the best.

The dissing is unnecessary.

The same goes to Mark.

Torn Daredevil 05-26-2004 11:35 PM

I said I have been a fan for a long time, more than most people here unless they've all been fans since before MOP was released!!! And that's pretty doubtful.

AND... I have a f***in' right to say that Stapp's solo will be bad. Solo projects NEVER are successful and always suck, no matter how talented the musician is. Unless you all are communists I have a right to say something that isn't worshipping Creed and the ground it's member's walk on.

It also doesn't help a career if your ego is bigger than your song repertoire.

As soon as someone defends me, they're automatically idiots, too?

OK...I see how this board works.

Dogstar 05-26-2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
I said I have been a fan for a long time, more than most people here unless they've all been fans since before MOP was released!!! And that's pretty doubtful.

As Teri noted, you'd have to have been about 8 when they started playing...before MOP was released. Again, it's still hardly a credible statement.

Quote:

AND... I have a f***in' right to say that Stapp's solo will be bad.
And others have the right to disagree and rip you if they want.

Quote:

Solo projects NEVER are successful and always suck, no matter how talented the musician is.

Successful in terms of sales? Maybe not so successful, but it doesn't mean the album sucks in terms of the music itself. I happen to love Cornell's Euphoria Morning and Jerry Cantrell's two solo efforts. As long as they sell enough stuff to keep making music, I'll be happy.

Quote:

Unless you all are communists I have a right to say something that isn't worshipping Creed and the ground it's member's walk on.

So you said it and people ripped you. Get over it already.

Quote:

As soon as someone defends me, they're automatically idiots, too?

Hmmm, nobody said anyone who defended you was an idiot. You might want to tone down the drama just a bit.

Quote:

OK...I see how this board works.

Hmm, not sure you do, but if you don't like it, you can always leave :D.

RockGoddess 05-26-2004 11:48 PM

Quote:

AND... I have a f***in' right to say that Stapp's solo will be bad

That's not what you said. You said we all knew it.

Quote:

Solo projects NEVER are successful and always suck, no matter how talented the musician is.

I love it when people speak in the absolute. It gives their argument such validity.

Torn Daredevil 05-26-2004 11:49 PM

Whose to say I'm credible or not? How would you know? Saying that is no different than me saying Stapp's solo CD will suck.

My point was that you people are so vicious when ripping on people. Tone it down. A simple, "OK, but I disagree" would do just fine. Not a "Who are you to say that, you asshole? You suck and Stapp is God. You've never heard any of it so shut the hell up!! And you were only...18 minus 10 is...ummmm... you were only... 8 when MOP came out so you can't be a fan for that long. Kids can't listen to Creed!!! There's a swear word in one song!"

That is what many of you sound like and it sucks, to get to the point.

Dogstar 05-26-2004 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
My point was that you people are so vicious when ripping on people. Tone it down. A simple, "OK, but I disagree" would do just fine. Not a "Who are you to say that, you asshole?

You exaggerate. I, for one, did not call you names. I think you are a tad sensitive. Have you been to CreedPit? Now that place is vicious.

Quote:

You suck and Stapp is God.
Please stop putting words in people's mouths.

Quote:

...You've never heard any of it so shut the hell up!!
See previous.

Sorry, but I still find it hard that someone who was 8 when Creed started playing together would have a clue about them before MOP was released. I could see you being a fan after MOP came out in '97, which would have made you around 11.

Torn Daredevil 05-27-2004 12:04 AM

I was using those exact words to make a point. Other people have really attacked me, not necessarily you. I'm just telling people to lay off others or you'll have fewer people on the BB than you already do.

Be cool. I'm out.

aussiecreeder 05-27-2004 01:28 AM

about Stapp's solo work give it a chance before you judge it for goodness sakes. Kerri is right Eurphoria is a VERY good album and Jerry Cantrall's work is also of a very high quality. Scott Weiland's 12 Bar Blues isn't that great but still not too bad. Stone Gossard's Bayleaf is a little different and an enjoyable listen as well. It doesn' have to go to platnium to be successful, it can be successful artisically.

How did my great thread get so nasty, once again all hail the guitar solo! :D

hayley 05-27-2004 01:59 AM

This is a late amen, but yay AMEN :D

aussiecreeder 05-27-2004 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
This is a late amen, but yay AMEN :D

thanks haley and don't forget to put some money in the collection plate as you leave! ;)

the comparisons between AB and VR seem to have being painted here in a way and over at the alter bridge board for sure (not steve's one). for me sorry mark but on the evidence i've seen slash is still the man, but myles is a far superior vocalist and certainly guitarist to weiland. but if such bands can bring back straight-up hard rock to the fold then you beauty! :)

Dogstar 05-27-2004 02:32 AM

Amen, I'm for some good straight-up rock 'n' roll after having to endure all the punk-wannabe crap out there :D.