CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   christian rock? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7037)

Bridge of Clay 07-09-2004 01:14 PM

never heard of Third Day, but I have Supernatural from DC Talk and it's pretty good. Audio A has really nice tunes as well.

You can add Jars of Clay too.

Alter Shredder 07-09-2004 02:47 PM

for a classic rock kinda sound check out stereo motion on flicker records.

PaulMcCoygirl 07-09-2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iced
lol actually with chevelle, they were and i believe still are, on a christian label and their cds can be found in christian bookstores because of that. they did an interview where the guy asked if they were a christian band and they said no but they dont mind being mistaken for one, they have found a good fan base in the christian market. unlike some bands they embraced this label.

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up. :D

Are all of the bands after the little dash in your list what the bands sound like? Just wondering b/c I know Cold and Breaking Benjamin aren't Christian bands.

Alter Shredder 07-09-2004 07:55 PM

yes, the first band is the christian one then the dash then the bands from mainstream that they are kinda similar to. sorry for the confusion.

Tia67 07-12-2004 02:52 AM

know alot of christian music/artist/bands. I like skillet, kutless, Audio A, 12stones, big dismal, switchfoot, third day, mercy me, jeromy camp, dctalk, toby mac, and todd agnew.

RMadd 07-12-2004 11:53 PM

my 2 favorites
P.O.D
Blindside... I know Matt (TremontiWanaB) would back me up on this, they fucking rock!
I've also got stuff by:
dc Talk
Jars of Clay
Newsboys
Third Day
Switchfoot (including the single "Dare You to Move", which is like 4 years old, but just now making its way onto alt-rock radio)
Audio Adrenaline
Demon Hunter
Kutless - another really good band, new album in past 6 mos, "Sea of Faces", good stuff
also, Skillet's pretty good (though i've never thought to download any of their stuff recently... now i'm inspired)
saw Relient K in concert @ my church a few years back, they were pretty awesome... sorta a blink-182 of christian music (punk type stuff... short, goofy songs, that sorta thang)
Seventh Day Slumber

creedsister 07-13-2004 12:00 AM

STRYPER :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Party :D

Alter Shredder 07-13-2004 01:09 AM

wow now thats a name you dont hear to often anymore

Tia67 07-13-2004 02:11 AM

Bearfan, be sure to check out Skillet's new release "SAVIOR" it's awesome. The album is COLLIDE. Skillet has a female drummer she is amazing.

PaulMcCoygirl 07-13-2004 02:27 AM

My Switchfoot cd cracked so now I have to get another one. Better yet.....I'll burn the thing off Kazaa. :D

JulieCitySlicker 07-14-2004 06:47 PM

12 Stones
Big Dismal
Switchfoot
may be others, but I'm more into non-christian bands at the moment:) There are a lot of great bands out there in both categories!

Dogstar 07-14-2004 06:49 PM

I like Big Dismal, too.

aussiecreeder 07-14-2004 10:38 PM

wasen't stapp involved in producing big dismal, produced their demo or something along those lines? i remember the rumours of him joining them man that was funny.

Jester 07-15-2004 05:09 PM

yes I listen to this music too (me being a good little preacher kid :::EVIL GRIN:::)

bands I like are:
EDL (every day life)-hip-hop hardcore they came up with POD and are outta LBC
Galactic Cowboys - Metal of the glam veriety fun stuff
Five Iron Frenzy - one of the best Christian SKA bands (see albums upbeats and beatdowns & our newest album ever)
The W's - Swing/Ska
Pillar - mentioned before
Zao - Hardcore
The O.C. Supertones - SKA (see album Supertones Strikeback)
MxPx - You know who they are
Goti Hook - Punk

and yes I do own Jars of Clay and 2 dcTalk CD's (Free@last and Jesus Freak)

thats what I can recall off the top of my head

P.S. I remeber switchfoot I saw them like 5-6 years ago when they sucked! :)

MyAngelwings 07-16-2004 08:57 AM

In the way of christian Rock, I will say Newsboys are good. As is Glo I think they are called.?