CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AB III leaked (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=13299)

Chris98GT 10-01-2010 04:32 PM

AB III leaked

Just sayin'.

Can't wait to buy the actual CD, but there's no way I was gonna hold out.

I'll post up a full review eventually. There's too much to take in right now. I'm definitely going to need a few more listens.

Overall, I can say it's pretty different from anything they've done before. It's definitely an evolution of the Blackbird album. It's not as fast or riff-driven as Blackbird but it's still a solid, heavy, dark effort with a few light moments.

The intro on the opening track is one of the coolest things I've heard in recent memory. Deliciously dark.

One thing I immediately noticed was that One Day Remains and Blackbird both had songs that could be considered a pop single (Open Your Eyes, Rise Today). Not this time. The closest they come to that is Wonderful Life, which has some hints of In Loving Memory in it.

nagpo 10-01-2010 06:58 PM

Re: AB III leaked

When does the CD come out?

Chris98GT 10-01-2010 07:18 PM

10/8 Australia
10/11 Europe
11/9 USA

nagpo 10-01-2010 07:24 PM

Thanks, I Think I can wait a couple of days for it.

maccamer 10-01-2010 08:31 PM

WOW! Great album! It lives up to the hype and expectation of an AB album and beyond! Great job guys! I'll be buying at least 3 copies in November! Will be seeing you if you come to Spokane this next year! Again, amazing job AB!

Tremontiriffs77 10-02-2010 12:05 AM

After listening to the streams over and over for the past couple hours I feel ready to give my review. Alter Bridge is entirely one of my favorite bands besides Creed and a few others. This CD is very much different than anything Ive heard from the guys before. The CD is loaded with great music but at the same time mangled by Kennedy's delivery on many of the songs. You will get no argument from me that Myles is one of the most talented rock vocalist in music but his style really makes me love him one minute and wonder what the heck the next and all of ABs CDs are representative of this. I played these tracks expecting to be floored like One Day Remains and Blackbird and instead ended up being shocked in how much different this is. I am all about guitar riffs..Shredding and Myles mindblowing shrieks but I didnt get that from this album. While songs like Into the Void, Know it hurts and Isolation hit like a ton of bricks in the face...The rest of the CD with a few exceptions doesnt really blow my mind..The ballads in Blackbird and One Day Remains were way better..Not one slow song on this CD touches you the way Watch Over you or Broken Wings does. I really dont know what to think..Part of me wants to love the album and the other part is like what happened here..Overall a good effort..I read some saying this is Marks best work since Human Clay..Meh..I am one of Marks biggest fans and while this CD technically is his best it doesnt have the same appeal that his other work has..I give this Album a 7.5 overall..It ranks third behind One Day Remains and Blackboard because honestly it doesnt have the great hooks and groove they had on other albums.

bilal 10-02-2010 01:37 AM

F***in leak.

F*** that.

I am waiting.

Chris98GT 10-02-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77
I played these tracks expecting to be floored like One Day Remains and Blackbird and instead ended up being shocked in how much different this is.

Quote:

It ranks third behind One Day Remains and Blackboard because honestly it doesnt have the great hooks and groove they had on other albums.

Agreed. The first two are definitely more to my liking. But this is still a decent album. I'm sure more of it will grow on me too.

And I'm glad they decided to experiment a little bit. Nothing worse than a band that keeps churning out the same old crap every couple years. cough*disturbedgodsmack*cough

nagpo 10-02-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
F***in leak.

F*** that.

I am waiting.

Same here brother.

TheGreatDivide 10-02-2010 11:19 AM

I'm loving this album and I'm buying it the day it comes out. I want my bonus songs!! :)

maccamer 10-02-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide
I'm loving this album and I'm buying it the day it comes out. I want my bonus songs!! :)

I am totally with you on this one. To all the people who are not giving this album at least a 9 out of 10, name a better album this year. (Same genre)

Better than anything else released this year. I am liking it equal to previous AB efforts, yet it has growth.

To the people who say there are no radio friendly tracks besides Wonderful life, I disagree. Life Must Go On and Ghosts of Days gone by could be on pop radio and rock radio. Isolation on hard rock radio along with Still Remains and I know it Hurts.

Great lyrics and amazing music! Every listen gets better. Same way with Blackbird!

RangerJim 10-02-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccamer
I am totally with you on this one. To all the people who are not giving this album at least a 9 out of 10, name a better album this year. (Same genre)

I really am enjoying this album, it's chock full of different melodies and riffs. Either way there are 2 albums that could match this one for 2010. Creed's Full Circle and STP's selftitled album.

Quote:

I really am enjoying this album, it's chock full of different melodies and riffs. Either way there are 2 albums that could match this one for 2010. Creed's Full Circle and STP's selftitled album.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

RangerJim 10-02-2010 12:02 PM

Sorry I posted so many times. Computer was lagging.

maccamer 10-02-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerJim

Ranger Jim,

Glad you are diggin the album. Creed's Full Circle is a 2009 album, so I can't exactly count that one. STP's album.....hmmmm.....I'll have to give that one a couple more spins to say I'd agree. It just felt too disconnected since they didn't write that one together in a house or studio. Writing in different studios away from each other....you can usually feel that the organic chemistry isn't there. Just my opinion. I'll give the self titled album another spin. I also had to give Tiny Music a lot of listens before I started to dig those tracks.

Also, Alter Bridge ROCKS!!!! The new album is my new favorite! Anyone complaining it is too long is crazy! All excellent songs that should be on the album!

nagpo 10-02-2010 05:02 PM

Holy shit brah way to post.

nagpo 10-02-2010 06:35 PM

I just realized that it comes out in the states in NOVEMBER. What the f. And the price is quite high even for the US version. I thought they were trying to stop piracy. Also, don't forget the B-side from the Japanese version, some one get on that.

Chris98GT 10-02-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
I just realized that it comes out in the states in NOVEMBER. What the f.

Exactly why I wasn't about to wait.

If I was in AUS or Europe, I would have just waited for the CD.

Inspired 10-02-2010 07:51 PM

As I felt with the other albums a few of the songs are really good, better than anything else that I'm aware of (I'm not really looking very hard for other things) but the rest of the songs are unremarkable and some of them are even pop and sappy (I couldn't even make it through Ghosts of Days Gone By or Breathe Again.

I almost wish the whole thing would suck because it annoys me to know that they are capable of creating great songs and don't. Also, the few great songs keep me a fan and maybe I should just accept that I don't like the direction they've chosen to go in and find other bands.

It still feels like they are forcing mainstream, soft rock songs on there and I had hoped that with Creed back together, and Tremonti stating that Creed was the more commercial band, they would stop doing that. They also seem to have parts of songs that are heavy like the intro, bridge and sometimes verse and then they insert a generic sounding hooky, light chorus in which makes it sound like they are either trying to make a song sound commercial or trying to make a commercial song sound heavy. Either way it prevents the song from flowing. I wonder if this is an effect of being successful. There were only two songs on My Own Prison that were pop-like at the end. The rest of the album, song after song was good, heave and substantial. I really miss that.

Chris98GT 10-02-2010 10:09 PM

I took a deeper listen last night. I LOVE Slip To The Void, Isolation, I Know It Hurts and Life Must Go On.

Wonderful Life is pretty good too, especially for a softer single. Reminds me a lot of In Loving Memory which is a beautiful song.

Evil_wizzzard 10-03-2010 04:12 AM

AB III is a big disappointment. Really no memorable songs in there. Retarded schoolboy lyrics. Predictable riffs and melodies, that sound more mainstream than CREED. The best AB album was One Day Remains. No surprise at that, as Mark alone created it. Imagine if Stapp would do the vocals in it! That would be the very essence of CREED. As we get more input from Myles, the less there is anything to enjoy. His screams and howls are all over the record. Myles needs to go solo. He is a gifted musician, who would only gain more recognition of by doing that. As for Mark, I would recommend more to concentrate on CREED or work on his own material. I wish Mark would shut down this whole AB project and make the most of his own potential, alone or together with CREED.

Chris98GT 10-03-2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard
As for Mark, I would recommend more to concentrate on CREED or work on his own material. I wish Mark would shut down this whole AB project and make the most of his own potential, alone or together with CREED.

I loved One Day Remains too, but I totally disagree. If anything, this album proves that Creed needs to be put to bed permanently. Stapp sounds like a drunk idiot singing karaoke these days. His voice from '97-02 is dead and never coming back.

Myles' vocals & range are phenomenal, and the lyrics are far from "retarded." Obviously you can't relate to what he's saying since you love Stapp, the guy who wrote some of the cheesiest pop lyrics of all time.

nagpo 10-03-2010 06:45 AM

Both of you guys are fucking crazy.

Evil_wizzzard 10-03-2010 09:05 AM

I just don't get all the Myles hype. What's so special about him? Does his moans make you salivate??? Just a regular whining hypocrite, who happens to have something of a vocal range and some guitar skills. Other than that - I see millions of Myles's around every single day. I better enjoy the cheesiest pop lyrics of all time sung by a hypocrite, douche and egomaniac Stapp, than to listen to meaningful truisms about "Wonderful life... and Life mus go on!..etc." sung by a common cool guy.

Stapp has a unique style both of writing and singing, though I agree that his voice has somewhat deteriorated, but that does not make it less enjoyable. The special aura, that special something that Kennedy is lacking, is still there. He may not be a very approachable and likeable person, but what does it matter to me? I enjoy his work and respect the talent.

Buried And Gone 10-03-2010 09:25 AM

You joined in 2003, and only have 26 posts?

Myles is an amazing singer, he doesn't hold a candle in the slightest, reugardless of what anybody says to prime stapp. But his voice is amazing none the less. Honeslty I don't get how you can call Myles and Hypocrite either. What makes you think like that? Creed will put out a new album, I hope it is better than Full Circle though as that album wasn't very good. I used to hate Myles too, and only liked the Creed sounding songs. But now I understand that that was only because i was bitter about Creed not being together anymore. Which I think is your problem.

Steve 10-03-2010 10:53 AM

I've listened to the cd a few times now and while it's musically amazing, I agree with the comments others have made in that there are no real good radio friendly songs. After the third listen through I think this album is more of a CD I'd put on in the background while I'm working, versus something I'd blast in my car on a long drive in the summer. There's no big standout songs that really hit you.

I'm not saying I don't like the album, its just not as memorable as ODR and Blackbird.

Tremontiriffs77 10-03-2010 11:53 AM

I think we can have this argument over and over again. Some people will love the album, others are going to hate it. I think the album is a grower if your a fan-boy, if not most will say its not bad, but not great. I want to see Mark be successful more than anything because he is just too damn talented to waste his career. I also became a fan of AB's because I was pissed about the breakup, Stapp's Douche-bagery and felt Creed went commercial at the end. AB was a great side project to develop their musical skills but at the same time robbed Creed of its identity. After three records, Three Record companies and Three attempts it hasn't changed a thing. I agree that its time to close down AB, focus on Creed, get into a grove with one band instead of struggling with two.

Inspired 10-03-2010 01:00 PM

Creed and Alter Bridge sound so similar I really don't get the point of both of them existing now. It's the same radio friendly rock with some heavy songs and riffs mixed in. AB is not all that much more experimental as Tremonti claims. If they are going to put all this time and energy into having a separate band why not do something totally different and take some risks. Tremonti is a very versatile player, when will we ever get to hear all that he can really do?

RangerJim 10-03-2010 05:42 PM

I'm all in favour of Alter Bridge continuing but there will be points like these that will happen alot if Mark, Brian & Flip go back & forth between AB & Creed. To make matters more frustrating, Myles will want to do his own stuff and Mark has his own solo stuff for eventual release...so I guess what I'm really saying is something will have to give, either Creed or AB. Love them both but this has got to be such a pain and if not now it may be in the future. Full Circle broke some new ground for Creed. It surprised the many doubters as it was heavier than the older albums, and it's what you would expect with the same Guitarist in both similar sounding bands. But the music "fan" masses(even the one's whom are knowledgeable about music) still see Creed as Nickelback, which I don't get and it's a total insult. Anyways...AB III is superb but I still find myself thinking this is a Creed album because if you took out Myles, this album would have a different feel, vibe and different lyrics of course, it would have been a continuation of Creed's evolution. AB is going in circles...they've come full circle...supposed to be humorous.

Chris98GT 10-03-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

its time to close down AB, focus on Creed, get into a grove with one band instead of struggling with two.

lol, total crazy talk.

Stapp sucks so bad now. How could anyone say this with a straight face?? 1/3 of Full Circle was complete garbage. The worst of AB III could be called mediocre.

nagpo 10-03-2010 11:33 PM

I'm not going to clusterfuck the thread with "Durr stapp sucks and myles is better" and vice-versa type talk. But here is what I thought of the album:

I just listened through my first play through...and well my first impressions are.....this album was terrible. The song writing was all over the place. None of the songs were very interesting. I feel like Tremonti and Kennedy need to go to a song writing class. I mean...For musicians that have been around for so many years and have had a high degree of success in some standard, this coming out of them now is pretty mediocre. The two songs released before the album was, Words Darker than their wings and Isolation, are the only good songs on the album.

I mean, what were they thinking when they wrote this stuff. Have they completely lost their minds? This is abysmal.

Even Full Circle was better than this. BlackBird and ODR are better than this. The three previous creed albums are better than this. Musically, this just doesn't make any sense, this album.

What. The. Hell. Happened?

nagpo 10-03-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

I'm all in favour of Alter Bridge continuing but there will be points like these that will happen alot if Mark, Brian & Flip go back & forth between AB & Creed. To make matters more frustrating, Myles will want to do his own stuff and Mark has his own solo stuff for eventual release...so I guess what I'm really saying is something will have to give, either Creed or AB. Love them both but this has got to be such a pain and if not now it may be in the future. Full Circle broke some new ground for Creed. It surprised the many doubters as it was heavier than the older albums, and it's what you would expect with the same Guitarist in both similar sounding bands. But the music "fan" masses(even the one's whom are knowledgeable about music) still see Creed as Nickelback, which I don't get and it's a total insult. Anyways...AB III is superb but I still find myself thinking this is a Creed album because if you took out Myles, this album would have a different feel, vibe and different lyrics of course, it would have been a continuation of Creed's evolution. AB is going in circles...they've come full circle...supposed to be humorous.

I'm the opposite of you on this matter. I think Full Circle was a much better album. And if two bands is too much to handle and we have to give one up, I'd say give up AB. Why? Creed has a legacy. For better or for worse, Creed has a name for itself in the industry. And the reunion album was pretty decent. AB has no such name. Nobody, other than their fans, cares about or even knows about AB. Just my 2cents.

RangerJim 10-04-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

I'm the opposite of you on this matter. I think Full Circle was a much better album. And if two bands is too much to handle and we have to give one up, I'd say give up AB. Why? Creed has a legacy. For better or for worse, Creed has a name for itself in the industry. And the reunion album was pretty decent. AB has no such name. Nobody, other than their fans, cares about or even knows about AB. Just my 2cents.

I wasn't disagreeing on the fact that the guys should concentrate on Creed, because I do believe they should continue on with Creed. Full Circle is one of my favourite records and it was a breath of fresh air with Mark's acoustic intro's, bridge's and outro's. AB III is really good as well but mainly for the Mark's riffs, Brian's deep heavy bass and Flip's quick twitch drumming. Too bad Scott Stapp didn't record on this album but Creed CAN do better, so I'm hopeful about Creed's next album.

Buried And Gone 10-04-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

I'm not going to clusterfuck the thread with "Durr stapp sucks and myles is better" and vice-versa type talk. But here is what I thought of the album:

I just listened through my first play through...and well my first impressions are.....this album was terrible. The song writing was all over the place. None of the songs were very interesting. I feel like Tremonti and Kennedy need to go to a song writing class. I mean...For musicians that have been around for so many years and have had a high degree of success in some standard, this coming out of them now is pretty mediocre. The two songs released before the album was, Words Darker than their wings and Isolation, are the only good songs on the album.

I mean, what were they thinking when they wrote this stuff. Have they completely lost their minds? This is abysmal.

Even Full Circle was better than this. BlackBird and ODR are better than this. The three previous creed albums are better than this. Musically, this just doesn't make any sense, this album.

What. The. Hell. Happened?

The album is pretty bad. Isolation and WDTTW are AMAZING. but ALL of the other songs aren't very good at all. It will grow on me i'm sure. But i love WDTTW and Isolation on the first listen. None of the songs are very catchy. Also, we were told this album would be dark and heavy. It is neither.

Go the TABN forum and there is a poll for responses and a great deal of people have this album at a 4-5. Litterally like 20% of voters chose "Utter Perfection". I'd ask them to explain how that is. But I don't feel like smelling Tremo's balls right now. I'll wait untilo some of them brush their teeth.

Buried And Gone 10-04-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

I wasn't disagreeing on the fact that the guys should concentrate on Creed, because I do believe they should continue on with Creed. Full Circle is one of my favourite records and it was a breath of fresh air with Mark's acoustic intro's, bridge's and outro's. AB III is really good as well but mainly for the Mark's riffs, Brian's deep heavy bass and Flip's quick twitch drumming. Too bad Scott Stapp didn't record on this album but Creed CAN do better, so I'm hopeful about Creed's next album.

Scott Stapp of 2000 maybe. The Scott Stapp of today can't do anything to help this album. I don't think Freddie Murcurey could save this album, even if he dawned rainbow shorts.

Tremontiriffs77 10-04-2010 11:16 AM

I think this album grows on you after a few listens..I was just dissapointed the direction they went with this. If things continue to go this way I wish they would bring Myles into the fold in Creed as a guitarist. I think they would be able to create some sick music together..No knock on erock but If I were drafting a fantasy rock band Myles would be the man to compliment Tremonti..Imagine the lyrics and sound they could create together..I really think the album is a wake up call to the guys that they need a change..Why put all this time into something that clearly isnt working..