CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What Mark needs! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6502)

Bridge of Clay 05-05-2004 10:55 PM

What Mark needs!

Actually he does know that... so I'll just post my own thoughts.

We all know how talented he is and despite he was best guitarist of the year for 2 (or 3?) times in a row, he's still under rated for the public eye.

I remembered that Stetina quote saying that Tremonti wanted to bring shredding back to business. I know he'll do it, unfortunately it won't be with Creed, but he'll do it. Although The Darkness is making it (how cool is that? 3 solos in only one song!) they are kinda of a parode (sp?) band...

But supposing Tremonti did record a killing shred and an amazing riff (something that lasts forever like Sweet Child), he'll definately write his name in History.

In short, he needs an everlasting (intro) riff that makes children wish they can learn guitar and a f***** solo that shut up the mouths of some metal headeds that are always dissing him.

Bridge of Clay 05-05-2004 10:56 PM

sorry, needed to vent. But you got my point!

Alter Bridge is the path!!! And we're watching it since the beginning!

Trees of Wisdom 05-05-2004 10:59 PM

I am guessing that metal heads didn't like Mark for all the lost potential he had in Creed.

I think Alter Bridge will change rock music. I believe they will kill the nu-metal fad (hurray!) because nu-metal isn't good at all. Complete lack of solos and some hip-hop elements to it.

Bridge of Clay 05-05-2004 11:03 PM

I'd go further: nu-metal doesn't have any melody, therefore we can't call it music. The word is noise.

Trees of Wisdom 05-05-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
I'd go further: nu-metal doesn't have any melody.

All distortion and crap.

From Michael's post regarding "Metalingus" it makes me think Alter Bridge will be like Led Zeppelin. Heavy, but melodic.

creedsister 05-05-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
I am guessing that metal heads didn't like Mark for all the lost potential he had in Creed.

I think Alter Bridge will change rock music. I believe they will kill the nu-metal fad (hurray!) because nu-metal isn't good at all. Complete lack of solos and some hip-hop elements to it.

That may be true as far as metal heads, im one myself but i know POTENTIAL, when i here it what the man did on Human Clay Is what I call a frcking Master peace

RMadd 05-06-2004 12:11 AM

i hope like nothing else that they're gonna be something completely fresh and original and fucking awesome as hell! however, i have to disagree w/ you marcos on one point: we're not seeing this from the beginning... i look at it more along the lines of "before the beginning"

ibleedpurple 05-06-2004 02:37 AM

I definitely agree on the Human Clay thing -- Tremonti's best effort and some of those bridges (Beautiful in particular) dang near bring tears to my eyes... SO awesome!

hayley 05-06-2004 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom

Dude. WTF? Alter Bridge will change rock music, and they will kill the new metal fad? :wtf: I wouldn't go that far.

I hate this new metal faze, I can't stand it, but I don't think they will wipe out. This new "music" that is coming through as mainstream rock, has hooked on way too much, unfortunatly. That's just my opinion I don't think that one band on its own will be able to wipe out this new mainstream shit that's coming through.

aussiecreeder 05-06-2004 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
Dude. WTF? Alter Bridge will change rock music, and they will kill the new metal fad? :wtf: I wouldn't go that far.

I hate this new metal faze, I can't stand it, but I don't think they will wipe out. This new "music" that is coming through as mainstream rock, has hooked on way too much, unfortunatly. That's just my opinion I don't think that one band on its own will be able to wipe out this new mainstream shit that's coming through.

it would be good but its expecting a bit much to expect a Nirvana and kill off the hair bands. they will make top notch rock music, but changing the face of music? na

Agent D 05-06-2004 09:36 AM

What bands would you consider metal or nu-metal?

aussiecreeder 05-06-2004 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
What bands would you consider metal or nu-metal?

well metal and new or nu-metal is very different!

metal is bands such as slayer while nu-metal is bands such as linkin park.

aussiecreeder 05-06-2004 10:04 AM

i would love to see a mark solo album where he plays nothing but metal, i guess a bit like grohl's probot. could have singers, maybe all instrumentals.....

creedsister 05-06-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibleedpurple
I definitely agree on the Human Clay thing -- Tremonti's best effort and some of those bridges (Beautiful in particular) dang near bring tears to my eyes... SO awesome!

i like you thank those bridges Yes Beautiful ,,Amazing what whas it about the bridges in BEAUTIFUL,,,,,WHOOOOO!!!

Trees of Wisdom 05-06-2004 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
well metal and new or nu-metal is very different!

metal is bands such as slayer while nu-metal is bands such as linkin park.

Any mainstream "metal" band out right now is nu-metal. Let's keep it at that. And ask any music expert (I'm not one, though) and they'll even give you specifics as to what nu-metal is.