CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed Lipsynced on Billboard Awards?!? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=872)

gade202 12-12-2002 12:15 AM

Creed Lipsynced on Billboard Awards?!?

I just heard that Scott Lipsynced on the Billboard Awards due to fact that the sound would have been low quality since they couldn't get transmission equipment up there. Do you guys think that's true? There are certain where it looks like he might but the rest seems fine. I think the guys would have choosen to tape the preformance the night before to maybe make time and get the eqiupment up there rather than lipsync it live...

TeriB19 12-12-2002 12:18 AM

Watch it again. There's no way they could've lipsynched it. Scott didn't hold the notes he could've during Weathered, and there's no way they could've matched that up in editing.

KBoo925 12-12-2002 12:18 AM

I don't think that was lipsynched (sp?). It actually sounded a bit strained to me at certain points...and I didn't see any indication that he wasn't really singing. Plus, that is just not them!!!

Dogstar 12-12-2002 12:18 AM

Really? Where'd ya get that info? I don't know if Scott did lipsync, but it wasn't a typical performance of Weathered. For instance, he didn't hold the notes as long as he usually does. I think the logistics of such a performance indicate they probably taped it.

DangerousDan85 12-12-2002 12:20 AM

they didn't lip sync for god's sake. They're not boyband pussies. On the cd he says......"Cause me I'm rusted and weathered"
On the show he said...."Me I'm rusted and weathered"

Creed doesn't lipsync

TeriB19 12-12-2002 12:20 AM

They did tape it the night before. Creedspirit was in Vegas when they taped it. She even posted a thread about how she was trying to get to see them and couldn't find out what song they were taping.

gade202 12-12-2002 12:51 AM

They did lipsync the Thanksgiving half time show last year but that was due to the short time period they had to setup. I figured they taped it the night before since there were a few little editing mistakes that didn't look right (Scott being next to mark one sec and then not in a different shot). I tried to tell the guys on the Videopimp forum that it wasn't but they didn't believe and said that other forums said they lipsynced and they closed the thread. Anyways, still a great preformance either way...

JenRN 12-12-2002 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DangerousDan85
<b>they didn't lip sync for god's sake. They're not boyband pussies. On the cd he says......"Cause me I'm rusted and weathered"
On the show he said...."Me I'm rusted and weathered"

Creed doesn't lipsync </b>

WOO HOO You go Dan!;)

marlsy 12-12-2002 10:24 AM

Your right , they did not lipsync, my husband is a musician and he said they had to of remixed it alittle bit for the sound issue or the song wouldn't of had great sound, but they did not lipsync! That's why it was taped.

Skipper 12-12-2002 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
They did tape it the night before. Creedspirit was in Vegas when they taped it. She even posted a thread about how she was trying to get to see them and couldn't find out what song they were taping.

That is correct. :)

Unforgiven Fan 12-12-2002 05:02 PM

That would explain why brett was not with them at the awards show. I do not care if it is taped but there is no lip-synching(?) involved.

TeriB19 12-12-2002 05:05 PM

UF, to the best of my knowledge, Brett was in the audience. I don't know for certain, but either Mark of Flip acknowledged Brett and nodded towards their seats in the audience.

SJack5802 12-12-2002 05:40 PM

Only boyband queers and Other pop crap singers do. Take Britney Spears for example.

ode302 12-12-2002 08:22 PM

the performance was taped the night before the show, but they really played the song.

The-Seeker 12-12-2002 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KBoo925
I don't think that was lipsynched (sp?). &nbsp; It actually sounded a bit strained to me at certain points...and I didn't see any indication that he wasn't really singing. &nbsp;Plus, that is just not them!!!

I agree with that. I dont think the did on the Billboard awards. The only time I have heard of the lipsynching is at the Thanksgiving Half-Time show last year. It had something to do with the stadium or something. Like they had to.