CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Best guitarsolo on ODR (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10597)

Unforgiven Fan 03-04-2006 11:33 AM

Re: Best guitarsolo on ODR

Down to My Last is my favorite,

J-Man 03-06-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil
You do know what a guitar solo is, right? None of those songs have one...

Ummm...Yeah, I do and yes there are solos in there. It may not be long solos but they're in there. Take a listen.

Wylde-Tremonti 03-06-2006 11:30 AM

My Fav is One Day Remains...

yeah...The one in Open Your Eyes is fast... but there's not a whole lot of articulation in it and it sounds a little sloppy... (i know how it is tho... lol... it takes alot of work to do fast alternate picking sound clean)

Finaldecision 03-06-2006 01:50 PM

Well I think espacially Open Your Eyes solo has alot of feeling and articulation. I think it's one of the best solos of the album.

bilal 03-10-2006 08:44 PM

yeh......and the way the solo starts from that slow bridge ( or interlude or whatever its called)................... i mean the record company did good selecting OYE as the first single to release as it has actually something for the live fans to sing..................... that part before the solo................

Ana4Stapp 03-11-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
My Fav is One Day Remains...

Same here.;)

Bridge of Clay 03-12-2006 09:37 AM

I think it's ODR, it's the one that best fits to the rest of the music when compared to the others.

But my fav Tremonti solo still is SHWM.

geletmote 03-16-2006 09:05 AM

WAWO, lol no DTML

HuMaN~ClAy 03-16-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Find the Real, followed closely by Burn It Down.

Oh Yeah!!! (Kool-Aid Man's voice)

HuMaN~ClAy 03-16-2006 10:20 AM

oops double post

uncertaindrumer 03-16-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Man
Ummm...Yeah, I do and yes there are solos in there. It may not be long solos but they're in there. Take a listen.

Uh, no, they aren't. Metalingus has nothing even resembling a solo. It has tons of fills but fills=/=solos.

Anyway I love FTR, ODR. BID is also good. I really DON'T like OYE as much as I used to. It just seems so... predictable.

Bridge of Clay 03-16-2006 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Uh, no, they aren't. Metalingus has nothing even resembling a solo. It has tons of fills but fills=/=solos.

Anyway I love FTR, ODR. BID is also good. I really DON'T like OYE as much as I used to. It just seems so... predictable.

OYE got over played since it was the first single. It's my 2nd favorite solo on the album:

1- ODR
2- OYE
3- DTML
4- FTR
5- BID

uncertaindrumer 03-18-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
OYE got over played since it was the first single. It's my 2nd favorite solo on the album:

1- ODR
2- OYE
3- DTML
4- FTR
5- BID

Ya know I was going to yell at you (*everybody run and hide!*) for that order but then I was like... well... they are all darn good. Listing them seems almost pointless. Although I definitely think OYE is the weakest of the bunch. On its own, it is great, but I still don't understand why he picked that song to shred like crazy in...

bilal 03-19-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Ya know I was going to yell at you (*everybody run and hide!*) for that order but then I was like... well... they are all darn good. Listing them seems almost pointless. Although I definitely think OYE is the weakest of the bunch. On its own, it is great, but I still don't understand why he picked that song to shred like crazy in...

i love OYE and the way tremonti shreds throught out the song.............every bodies chocie is basically his own opinion and different people have different opinions .................

uncertaindrumer 03-19-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

every bodies chocie is basically his own opinion and different people have different opinions .................

Cuz THAT'S a line I have never heard before...

He DOESN'T shred throughout OYE though, thats the problem. He just randomly decides to make the solo four thousand times faster than the rest of the song.