CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Michael updates us a little more (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6499)

aussiecreeder 05-05-2004 08:15 PM

Michael updates us a little more

Michael posted over at one of the Alter Bridge boards correcting a fansite's music info. This is the direct quote....

Just wanted to correct some info you have printed on your music page on the alterbridgeband.net site. There is no song on the new CD titled Strange. That was the song that Mark did with Jimmy's Chicken Shack. Actually all Mark did on that song was help Jimmy with the melody for the chorus. There is also no song titled Holiday. The song Metalingus, which is heavy and awesome, is still the title for that song and may not change now. The song is way to heavy to get any radio airplay, although it is still very melodic, and the title is hillarious so we'll see if it stays. The song about our mom is titled In Loving Memory Of and this one will definately be a single down the road. The raw emotion of this song is simply staggering. Myles sings it in a very soulfull and haunting way. I think this song will affect the masses like With Arms Wide Open did, although in a different way. It is a song that brings tears to just about eveyone who has heard it.

Michael

http://p202.ezboard.com/falterbridge...picID=85.topic

Trees of Wisdom 05-05-2004 08:28 PM

Thanks for posting that Hide. I am really looking for the album now.

aussiecreeder 05-05-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Thanks for posting that Hide. I am really looking for the album now.

sure thing can't wait to hear "in loving memory of" and "metalingus" (i'm stoked that they may stay as the title funny as) must be metal or close to it! :) i honestly thought the former may be too personal to be a single but it sounds incredibly touching.

Trees of Wisdom 05-05-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
sure thing can't wait to hear "in loving memory of" and "metalingus" (i'm stoked that they may stay as the title funny as) must be metal or close to it! :) i honestly thought the former may be too personal to be a single but it sounds incredibly touching.

I wonder how people would react to the song. I am expecting the song to have awesome shred solos in tribute to Mark and Michael's mother.

I can't wait to hear it and judge it for myself.

aussiecreeder 05-05-2004 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
I wonder how people would react to the song. I am expecting the song to have awesome shred solos in tribute to Mark and Michael's mother.

I can't wait to hear it and judge it for myself.

i don't know if this song will have awesome shred solos because of the nature of the song. i could be wrong....rockgoddess?

Mr.Anderson 05-05-2004 09:24 PM

I cannot wait for there debut cd let alone there first single. OMG Please let it come soon.

Bridge of Clay 05-05-2004 09:58 PM

I can't wait!

I think they got the Holidays thing from a post I made on AB bb. Just want to make it clear: I said that Mark wrote a song about the holidays and he played only to his family around Christmas. I think Michael mentioned it somewhere. He also added that it brought tears to everybody's eyes. BUT I NEVER said it was gonna be an Alter Bridge song.

I do like the title Metalingus for a song!

Trees of Wisdom 05-05-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
i don't know if this song will have awesome shred solos because of the nature of the song. i could be wrong....rockgoddess?

Well, not balls to the wall shreds, but like a shred solo from the song "The Unforgiven".

Creed_Defaultgirl 05-05-2004 10:48 PM

I can't wait to hear all of this. I bet "In Loving Memory Of" will be a really good song. Since the CD will come out in the summer, I think, maybe I can wait at Wal-Mart the day before and at 12:01 if it's not already out on the shelf, I'll go ask about it! I will definatly buy it as soon as possible. Alter Bridge better come to Oklahoma City!

Trees of Wisdom 05-05-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl
I can't wait to hear all of this. I bet "In Loving Memory Of" will be a really good song. Since the CD will come out in the summer, I think, maybe I can wait at Wal-Mart the day before and at 12:01 if it's not already out on the shelf, I'll go ask about it! I will definatly buy it as soon as possible. Alter Bridge better come to Oklahoma City!

Let's just agree that Alter Bridge better come to every city on the globe. :D

Creed_Defaultgirl 05-05-2004 10:57 PM

haha, OKC first!

creedsister 05-05-2004 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl

Dont Go to walmart Saxon it sucks, Go to Best buy, :)

Trees of Wisdom 05-05-2004 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
Dont Go to walmart Saxon it sucks, Go to Best buy, :)

I hate Walmart. Everything there is cheap, but terrible quality. Walmart is just killing small business. Damn them!

Higher_Desire 05-06-2004 01:05 AM

Thanks for posting the update from Michael. I'm going to have to check out that alterbridgeband.net address. Haven't heard of that one.

H-D :driving:

ibleedpurple 05-06-2004 02:13 AM

Hey guys! Just checkin in, that alterbridgeband.net site is partially mine... I did most of the design anyway, my friend Kim actually paid for the site and it was her idea and then I kinda took over and made the site... lol...

But, right now the site is down. I'm not really at liberty to say why, but it should be back in a few days.