CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

HeavenBesideYou 02-16-2007 06:19 AM

Re: Daily Bread

February 16th

"Messages."

The original message - love one another. The enduring message - love one another. The most convicting message - love one another. The most difficult message - love one another. I'm reminded of the little verse: To dwell above with saints we love, O that will be glory. But to dwell below with saints we know, now that's another story. But it's the story we're called to write!

This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.

1 John 3:11

Heaven

:pimp:

HeavenBesideYou 02-17-2007 08:36 AM

February 17th

"Believe it."

There are some situations that arise in our lives that are as difficult to get through as a deep snowdrift or shifting sand. We struggle, and the more we do, the worse off we become. God reaches out to us in thos e times, gladly lending a hand. He will enlarge our steps, so that we might get over the toughest problems.

Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.

Psalm 18:36

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-18-2007 09:22 AM

February 18th

"Seperation."

Separation is something we fear whether it's from a child, a parent, a sibling, a spouse, a friend, or from God. Because Jesus bore the separation from God, becoming and going to the cross, we can know we won't have to ever be separated from God's love.

I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither present nor the future, nor powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is ours in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the promise that nothing can separate me from your love. Please fill me with your Spirit and make me more aware of your accompanying presence in my life today. Amen...

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-19-2007 06:43 AM

February 19th

"Remember the Lord in all that you do."

We may not always have the most information or the best background, but we know that nothing of real value can occur apart from the Lord. When God is present, souls are converted, the simple are made wise, and miracles begin to happen.

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 19:7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-20-2007 06:40 AM

February 20th

"Stop, look and listen..."

This day, we need to stop for a moment to open new eyes to the wonder of God's world. If we will only try to see it through His eyes rather than our own, we will find new beauty that we never noticed before. His is a world of wonder and miracle.

Do not let the pressures of the day create a cloud that prevents you from seeing His beauty.

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psalm 19:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-21-2007 05:57 AM

February 21st

"Love love love..."

Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to have laws to keep people in line! That's the point behind Paul's message here. Treat our neighbors as we would like to be treated. Love them as we like to be loved. If we do that, then we're not going to do anything that would hurt them, much less violate a command of law!

The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Romans 13:9-10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-22-2007 06:17 AM

February 22nd

"Who inspires your faith?"

The simple faith of a single man or woman is a mighty thing. Trust in the Lord, and you will marvel at all that can be done.

Some trust in chariots, and some is horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.

Psalm 20:7

Heaven

HeavensOnFire 02-23-2007 01:15 AM

Glory To God To Him Alone Belongs The Glory

AMEN David, WHO CAN SHOW FORTH OF ALL HIS PRAISES AND Makes Us Remembear All Things of the times are backs was to wall he was there AND NEVER PREVAILED IN THE GOOD TIMES BUT WHEN WE CALLED UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD OUR GOD HE WAS THERE GLORY TO GOD AS THE DAY WOULD TURN INTO NIGHT AND THE NIGHT INTO THE DAY OUR GOD OF THE VALLEY THE GOD OF THE THUNDERSTORM THE GOD WHO CAN TAKE MOUNTAINS AND CRUMBLING AT YOUR FEET, IN A INSTANT, THATS THE GOD OF GLORY!!!!!!!! As For Me I Will Call Upon The Lord And The Lord Shall Save Me EVENING AND MORNING AND AT NOON, WILL I PRAY AND CRY OUT LOUD HE WILL HEAR MY VOICE HE HATH DELIVERED MY SOUL FROM THE BATTLE THAT WAS AGAINST ME FOR THERE WERE MANY WITH GOD SHALL HEAR AND AFLICT THEMEE, Even He That Abideth Of Old BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO CHANGE, HE HATH PUT FORTH HIS HANDS AGAINST SUCH SUCH BE AT PEACE WITH HIM HE HATH BROKEN HIS COVENANT THE WORDS OF HIS MOUTH WERE SMOOTHER THAN BUTTER BUT WAR WAS HIS IN HIS HEART HIS WORDS WERE SOFTER THAN OIL YET WERE DRAWN SWORDS CAST THY BURDEN UPON THE LORD AND HE SHALL SUSTAIN THEE HE SHALL NEVER SUFFER THE RIGHTEOUS TO BE MOVED, Psalm 54, 16,22

HeavenBesideYou 02-23-2007 06:07 AM

February 23rd

"The choice is ours."

It seems to be a part of human nature to ignore consequences until it is too late. God gives us an awful lot of opportunity to make up our minds whether or not we will follow Him, but we cannot expect Him to wait forever. God knows our hearts right this very minute. The choice is ours. Each day gives us a new opportunity to reconfirm our faith in God. Let us take each and every opportunity.

With a fistful of enemies in one hand
and a fistful of haters in the other,
You radiate with such brilliance
that they cringe as before a furnace.
Now the furnace swallows them whole,
the fire eats them alive!
You purge the earth of their progeny,
you wipe the slate clean.
All their evil schemes, the plots they cook up,
have fizzled—every one.
You sent them packing;
they couldn't face you.

Psalm 21:8-12

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-24-2007 09:03 AM

February 24th

"God's work."

Too often we fall into the trap of believing that we do God's work for Him. That's not true. The most we can do is open ourselves to let the Lord do His own work through us. When we try to do it for Him, we can only expect to grow weary. However, when God works through us, we will find a new energy and vitality that we have never experienced before. The Lord is exalted through His own strength, not ours. Open yourself to Him now, and let the true power begin to flow.

Be thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power.

Psalm 21:13

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-25-2007 08:40 AM

February 25th

"Abandoned?"

God is with you all along; some just choose to look the other way. Never does the Lord forsake His own. The only distance that is ever between us is the distance that we put there.

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

Psalm 22:1

Heaven

HeavensOnFire 02-26-2007 01:14 AM

Amen!!! Amen And Amen,

IF JEHOVHA GOD BE WITH YOU, sometimes ye shall feel forsaken, AND SEE WORKERS OF VANTIY AND IDOLS AND THOSE WHO STRIFE FOR THEIR OWN GLORY, keep on getting better all the time, AMEN and in such times your growth and knowlege and wisdom thats brought you through will feel as if its been thrown into utter confusion and at times things that was making sense will come undone along, with the saftey pen and glue that holding your last heart string BUT THE GLORY OF GOD , CAN SAY UNTO THEE IN A INSTANT FORGET THE STRING ONLY I CAN RENEW THE TICKER AND UPHOLD IN MY HANDS AND RENEW IT, GLORY TO GOD, GLORY TO GOD, He That Knoweth THAT PROMOTION COMES NEITHER FROM THE EAST NOR DOES IT COME FROM THE WEST, IF THE MORNING STAR THEREFORE HAS RISEN IN YOUR HEART GLORY TO GOD

HeavensOnFire 02-26-2007 01:19 AM

Glory To God,

St Luke, 1,80 We All Must Grow Grow AMEN AND AMEN So Did Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ, THE CORNERSTONEEEEEE, And The Child Grew AND WAXED STRONG IN SPIRT, And Was In The Deserts Till The Day Of His Showing Unto Israel,

HeavensOnFire 02-26-2007 01:26 AM

Gods Power And Wisdom

who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand and meted out heaven with a span and comprahended the dust of the earth in a measure and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in balance, who hath directed the spirt Of The Lord being his counsel lor hath taught him with whom took he counsel and who instructed him and taught him in the path of judegement and taught him knowlege and showed him the ways of understanding, ISA, 40,12 14,

HeavenBesideYou 02-26-2007 06:39 AM

February 26th

"Lent."

We don't know a lot about the forty days Jesus spent in the desert before His temptation. We know it was a time of fasting and probably of prayer. When the devil came to Him, the conquering words of Scripture were quick on Jesus' tongue, so it may have been a time of meditation, a time of special communion with his Father.

This song draws the comparison between Jesus' forty days in the desert and the forty days of Lent. Traditionally, the Lenten season is a time of fasting. People "give up" something for Lent. The idea is not to punish ourselves, but to put aside something that may distract us from our communion with God. It is a time for special devotion to God, a time when He may "abide with us" in a special way. Lent is a time to refocus on our relationship with Christ.

Lord, who throughout these forty days
For us didst fast and pray,
Teach us with Thee to mourn our sins,
And close by Thee to stay.

As Thou with Satan didst contend
And didst the victory win,
O give us strength in Thee to fight
In Thee to conquer sin.
~Lenten Hymn ( v1,2 ), Claudia Francis Hernaman ( 1838-98 )

Immediately the Holy Spirit compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness. He was there for forty days, being tempted by Satan. He was out among the wild animals, and angels took care of him.

Mark 1:12-13

Heaven